Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Winning Eleven - 8
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Stel's Mum
Stel's Mum

Total posts: 3336
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:51 am† †Post subject:  Winning Eleven - 8 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you not familiar with the WE series, it's one of the most popular football video game franchises in Europe, and it's about a million times better than EA's FIFA series.

Website
http://www.onlineregister.com/konami/wenation/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1index.php

Recently, WE8 has been released in Europe, but only the PC version is available in the US. Onoes Has anyone here played WE8 yet? I'm really anxious to hear about the improvements made from WE7, since I won't be able to buy WE8 for another 6 months! boo x100
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 27028
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:39 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

What's this one called here? Pro Evolution 5/6/7?
Rxorcist
Stel's Mum
Stel's Mum

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:51 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I thought they just released Pro Evolution 5.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 27028
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:36 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know. I don't play football games.
That must be it then.
Rxorcist
Stel's Mum
Stel's Mum

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:02 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You should play football games. WE kicks ass.
Offlineruroken
Man Collector
Man Collector

Total posts: 254
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:34 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I tried WE9 on my friend's PS2 and it fucking kicks ass! ruroken We'll have to wait till next year for the PC port though, I think. Sad
OfflineHelmholz
Alfie Moon
Alfie Moon

Total posts: 59
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:06 am† †Post subject:  Re: Winning Eleven - 8 Reply with quote Back to top

Mitsurugi CP wrote:
For those of you not familiar with the WE series, it's one of the most popular football video game franchises in Europe, and it's about a million times better than EA's FIFA series.

Website
http://www.onlineregister.com/konami/wenation/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1index.php

Recently, WE8 has been released in Europe, but only the PC version is available in the US. Onoes Has anyone here played WE8 yet? I'm really anxious to hear about the improvements made from WE7, since I won't be able to buy WE8 for another 6 months! boo x100
Actually, I don't think it's better than FIFA by that margin, but they are both different and each has its own good things.

You're wrong, though; WE8 has been available for PS2 in the US since February of this year and I've been playing it since then. I think it's $30 or $20 now. WE9 is coming out in February 2006 again (I've read), and I'll probably be picking that up if it's worth it.

I first bought Winning Eleven 7 in April of 2004 and I played that game all summer. I got 8 and I played it quite a bit for a couple months, took a break, and then this summer again I played it religiously and have went through about 11 Master League seasons and I can tell you it's a good improvement over 7. The animations are better, it's more difficult to score, there's 6 star difficulty (it's more like an upgraded 5...they play more consistent), even bad guys will score more often now, and there's a couple other new things like the camera being more zoomed out so you can see more of the pitch. Oh, and the Master League (ML) has a training mode to improve your players, and the referee is on-screen now, more clubs and teams...my biggest disappointment is the lack of online play. And you must play the game with Spanish announcing, because that's the best one. Mr. Green

Go and buy it, it's good.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Unauthorised Emoji
Unauthorised Emoji

Total posts: 11374
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:17 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They're talking about soccer.

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: