Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> The 4th Coming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Total posts: 11856
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: icon_fight The 4th Coming Reply with quote Back to top

The 4th Coming is, as far as I recall, the only MMO I’ve ever played. It was released in the late 90s and is basically a more MMO-y Diablo clone. I played it obsessively for awhile (it was a free game and there were free servers!) and then the server I played on went down for a day or two and I tasted freedom never played it or any other MMO again.

Question: Do you remember if SG people played this game? In my memory, yes, but I also remember playing it when I lived in the suburbs. That’s a pretty short overlap, the first half of 2000, but time moved slowly back then, so it’s not impossible.

Also I’m amazed to discover the game still exists. And fun fact I just learned in my research for this thread: it was originally developed in Montreal!

T4C, folks.
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 20075
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't remember if it was that, but there was a free MMO that I played with some SG members that I got kind of addicted to until I realized I didn't even really like it. The I stopped playing and swore off all MMOs.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There weren’t a lot of MMOs free or otherwise at that time so good chance that was it.

If so, glad it saved us both from MMOs!

Did it look like this?

Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't recall the exact setting there, but that was the graphical style.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Seems very likely, then. I do vaguely recall other SG people joining. Like YY, maybe.

Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 27028
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't recall ever hearing of this. Looks like Ultima Online though.
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. I remember playing with YY sometimes although she quickly got way ahead of me.
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 9040
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I think my brother played this in the late 1Gs
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I also recently bought an album of rare recordings by a barely-known never-released-an-actual-album eccentric soul band called The 4th Coming. It is very enjoyable! Glad someone scraped together all their 7” single releases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: