Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Civizard - Majutsu no Keifu (PS1-JP Master of Magic Remake)
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineBlake00
Sloppy Poon
Sloppy Poon

Total posts: 14
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:12 am† †Post subject: icon_important Civizard - Majutsu no Keifu (PS1-JP Master of Magic Remake) Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys!

Can't believe I haven't logged into this forum in 12years! Forgot I had an account here until I got a email from you guys the other day lol.

Good timing though as being a partly Final Fantasy fan site I'm hoping there may be some diehard PlayStation fans here?

I'm currently mucking around with a very rarely known (in the western world anyway) PlayStation 1 game called Civizard - Majutsu no Keifu which is basically an official Simtex/Micropose remake of their very well known and popular PC classic fantasy TBS game Master of Magic. Civizard has a lot of interesting differences to the original game particularly in the graphics department. I'm a pretty big MoM addict so the more I muck around with this different version the more I want to properly play it. Problem is I don't speak Japanese haha!

I'm pretty out of touch with the classic console game translation scene these days so I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a English translation patch for this game? If not then are there some good PlayStation Japanese translation sites you know of that I could hunt for this game at?

This game is so rare it barely even gets any results on google so I'm guessing the answer is no to everything. If so I'll have to try and do my own I guess. I know nothing of patching/hacking so it would just be creating reference screenshots with English translations that I can put on a second monitor while playing the game on the main monitor.

The original English PC game makes a good reference of course plus the google translation app on my phone gives a few more hints so hopefully I can at least translate all the main buttons! Hopefully I can track down a friend of a friend that reads Japanese too which would definitely help!

More info & Screenshots of the game:
http://www.c-games.info/games,002,4237.html

Blakes Sanctum: Retro site for retro games! Civ, MoM, C&C, Dune, FinalF, HoMM, B5, Star Trek, Doom, TES & more!
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 26396
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:15 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Blake00. I'm guessing it was Modbot's SG Day spam that drew you here? Welcome back. Feel free to join in/dig any of the other threads!

I've personally never heard of this game, but it seems like an interesting project. My Japanese is useless, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help there boo

Moving this from general to the game forum btw.

Last edited by Damien on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 19673
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:01 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of game is this? Like a tactical game. Never heard of it and I've never played M&M, so I don't have much of a point of reference there.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:05 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Check out the website in the sig though!
OfflineBlake00
Sloppy Poon
Sloppy Poon

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Hey Blake00. I'm guessing it was Modbot's SG Day spam that drew you here? Welcome back. Feel free to join in/dig any of the other threads!

I've personally never heard of this game, but it seems like an interesting project. My Japanese is useless, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help there boo

Moving this from general to the game forum btw.

Opps sorry Damien, think I got thrown off by the 'descushion' thing and thought 'non-square' game talk went in General discussion lol.

Yup it was the spam bot. Think I've received a few over the years but this was the first time I was curious enough to click on the link and I was like "oh yeah, I remember this place" haha!

Lord Golbez wrote:
What kind of game is this? Like a tactical game. Never heard of it and I've never played M&M, so I don't have much of a point of reference there.

MoM & Civizard are retro fantasy turn based strategy games that play quite similar to classic Civilization games. MoM was a big hit back in the mid 90s and pretty much spawned all the great Fantasy TBS games we have today like Endless Legend, Warlock MoA, Age of Wonders and Elemental - Fallen Enchantress just to name a few.

As Damien points out, check out my retro website (OP Sig) if you wanna know more about MoM as I've got a massive section on it with pics & vids etc. Currently Cvizard is not covered on my MoM website as I didn't even know it existed until recently so I want to have a good go at it (if I can figure it out lol) and then do a nice tribute!

If there's any fluent Japanese speakers here I might run some screenshots by you lol!!
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:39 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The best person at Japanese (probably) who's been logged in today is Grey Fox, but he's not around here too frequently. Vibing_V may be better than him though. There's also Reiji, but he's only posted once in the last year or so.

By the way, the 'descushion' thing is a reference to an injoke from a few months after you originally joined SG.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:00 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The origin thread is reference under black metal fang spelling thread in the archive. Well, actually this is the thread that mocks the thread (of the same name as the current forum) that started it. The original thread itself was probably deleted by the thread starter after he was mercilessly mocked.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Blake00 has now doubles this total post count with this thread.
OfflineBlake00
Sloppy Poon
Sloppy Poon

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:43 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
The best person at Japanese (probably) who's been logged in today is Grey Fox, but he's not around here too frequently. Vibing_V may be better than him though. There's also Reiji, but he's only posted once in the last year or so.

No worries. Apparently a 'friend of a friend' on my facebook speaks Japanese so hopefully I can push that link.

Lord Golbez wrote:
The origin thread is reference under black metal fang spelling thread in the archive. Well, actually this is the thread that mocks the thread (of the same name as the current forum) that started it. The original thread itself was probably deleted by the thread starter after he was mercilessly mocked.

Ah yup, I found the newer one. That's hilarious lol! You guys are savage! clap

Damien wrote:
Blake00 has now doubles this total post count with this thread.

haha nearly.. 4 before & 3 now.. 1 more will do it lol. It's funny, I'm pretty sure I originally joined this place to talk about Final Fantasy games and so far I've done that a total of 0 times lol.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:48 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, in that descushion thread, I did minimal mocking myself, even drawing it back to the intended Twilight Princess topic on several occasions.

Good luck with the translation lead. Don't be a stranger! (or see you back here in 2030 to not talk about Final Fantasy games some more Chocobo)
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:26 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's probably why black metal fang spelling thread was the one that was archived. It's much funnier.
OfflineBlake00
Sloppy Poon
Sloppy Poon

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

haha cheers guys. I look forward to not discussing Final Fantasy in 2030 lol.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:03 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Does that mean you're leaving already? If only we had more to say about Charlizard.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:16 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Can't tell if that's a joke or a typo Shrug
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:36 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Civitard? City Czar? I don't know...
OfflineBlake00
Sloppy Poon
Sloppy Poon

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:25 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

lol I think it's 'English Japanese' word for Civilization but who knows lol.

In the end I got some help from a friend of a friend and they gave me a rather useful website where you can draw Kanji symbols into it.

Posted a very basic translation to the main game menus and buttons to GameFAQs to help others in the future.

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: