Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Word
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Total posts: 189
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:  Word Reply with quote Back to top

So how've y'all been?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 24713
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is Boneman really posting or is this an April Fool's joke? :O
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Total posts: 10108
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to be.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Suikoden Character
Suikoden Character

Total posts: 2798
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Which one?
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Total posts: 18280
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Which April Fools joke? The regular one, I guess. Where they make you think one thing, but haha you were wrong. It was another thing, you foolish person. That joke.
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 7461
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Happy Zombies Jesus day boneman!
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Total posts: 9652
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWord.
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Happy Easter and April Fools everyone!

I just wanted to peek in half-expecting a barren wasteland but I realised that everything seems to be running smoothly and a lot of old faces are still here.

Sweet!
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

SG lives yet, but FFWA was destroyed this year.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Suikoden Character
Suikoden Character

Total posts: 2798
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Stick around, help us keep slightly more old faces here.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There was a flame war between SG and FFWA and now FFWA is dead. Draw your conclusions.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:

I just wanted to peek in half-expecting a barren wasteland but I realised that everything seems to be running smoothly and a lot of old faces are still here.

Sweet!

Stick around and make it livelier!
How are you anyway? I’m tired and in Japan.
Offlineeightman
Poon Underwater
Poon Underwater

Total posts: 548
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Doing good. Currently on Vacay for a week before going back to working too much.

How you wording?
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
There was a flame war between SG and FFWA and now FFWA is dead. Draw your conclusions.

Wow that sounds exciting. Care to give me a digest? Anyone? I remember back in the day there was a schism at SG when some people left to create a different website, but I forgot the name. It was a big issue at the time. This is a different thing I suppose?
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:

Sweet!

I'll try. No promises though. ruroken

Japan you say? Sounds exciting. Short term or did you relocate permanently? What are you doing over there?
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

eightman wrote:
Doing good. Currently on Vacay for a week before going back to working too much.

How you wording?

Eightman, I see you're still doing sick art, love it, I'll have to keep browsing your posts to catch up. I've been jealously admiring your work from afar back in the day but I don't believe we've ever met.

What do you do for a living anyway?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Look for the FFWA flame war thread. Mr. Green

By the way, you should join us in our primary thread, LAST PERSON TO POST WINS, which is on page 588. No pressure to read the first 587 pages.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:
Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:

Sweet!

Japan you say? Sounds exciting. Short term or did you relocate permanently? What are you doing over there?

Lol no. Was just there for a 2 week holiday to walk a lot and spend all my money.
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:

Sweet!

Lol no. Was just there for a 2 week holiday to walk a lot and spend all my money.

Teach me, master!

Seriously, I really want to go some day, but I'll have to practice going abroad with my family first. The wife's easily overwhelmed by large groups of people speaking foreign tongues, so I figure Japan is not a good place to start.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Spoiler: The flame war wasn't really a real flame war. Sadly, most of us aren't nearly as angry as we were 18 years ago.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:

By the way, you should join us in our primary thread, LAST PERSON TO POST WINS, which is on page 588. No pressure to read the first 587 pages.

Only Nikon has to read the thread. He's the thread witness and historian. So if you have any questions about the thread, leave them for Nikon on the current page and he'll read them when he gets to that page, we guess.

The flame war may not have had quite the fire of our earlier forays, but it was clearly our most successful flame war to date.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:
Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:

Sweet!

Teach me, master!

Seriously, I really want to go some day, but I'll have to practice going abroad with my family first. The wife's easily overwhelmed by large groups of people speaking foreign tongues, so I figure Japan is not a good place to start.

You';; be hard pressed to find people speaking German. That;s for sure
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
smeared ink wrote:

Only Nikon has to read the thread. He's the thread witness and historian. So if you have any questions about the thread, leave them for Nikon on the current page and he'll read them when he gets to that page, we guess.

The flame war may not have had quite the fire of our earlier forays, but it was clearly our most successful flame war to date.

I read the first page so far, and it gave a me good chuckle already. Why did I ever leave?
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:

Sweet!

Teach me, master!

You';; be hard pressed to find people speaking German. That;s for sure

Has the English language situation improved over the cliché or is it still hard to find anyone who understands you? My ideal would be to take language courses before I go though. My city has a community college and they have two native speakers that offer courses. Quite luxurious I must say.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
smeared ink wrote:

I read the first page so far, and it gave a me good chuckle already. Why did I ever leave?

Keep us updated as you continue through it. Say "hi" for us if you bump into Sir Nikon along the way.
For reference, the unknown accounts posting are mostly RDM. More on this will transpire as you make your way towards the 10th anniversary posts.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Someday, all accounts will be the RDM. Resistance is futile and all that.
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
smeared ink wrote:

Keep us updated as you continue through it. Say "hi" for us if you bump into Sir Nikon along the way.
For reference, the unknown accounts posting are mostly RDM. More on this will transpire as you make your way towards the 10th anniversary posts.

About halfway through and loving it! love I visited the FFO forums and would give a 9/10 "would raid again".

This Nikon character is nowhere to be found so far, unless I'm not getting the joke here.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The joke is referring to the Last Person to Post thread. Nikon showed up a ways back, hung out for a bit, and said he was going to read through the backlog of pages...and was never heard from again.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, is Boneman reading through FFWA flame war thread (reasonable) or LP2PW (insane)?
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished the FFWA. T'was a seriously good read. Please tell me someone archived the FFWA forums. Internet archive doesn't.

I wanted to read the some of the reactions you described. Must have been a lot of fun.

Is that LP2PW comment a dare?
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, if Nikon had read the thread at a pace of 1 page per day he would still not he caught up to where we are now. That would also go completely against the expectations set up at the time he started reading the thread. At that time we were arpund page 170 and almost 10 years in. There's no reason he would have to expect that after he read those first 170 or so pages the thread would have doubled in size about. It probably drove him mad.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Also I’m afraid the history lessons don’t begin in earnest until the late 300s.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
The joke is referring to the Last Person to Post thread. Nikon showed up a ways back, hung out for a bit, and said he was going to read through the backlog of pages...and was never heard from again.

Except the time I emailed him and he told me he was on some kind of spiritual retreat.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I assume it was a spiritual retreat to page 123 or something.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The FFWA Flame War was mostly us waiting for our accounts to be activated, and then winding up Paulo (backed up by his less active forum mates). The leader of FFWA was an old SGer who I vagely knew and he was nothing but friendly to us when he showed up. We got next to no posts on SG due to either flame war though boo
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. We called it a day when we realized that we were kind of sapping the activity here rather than getting the bump we'd hoped for.

Doesn't mean we can't try another exploratory flame war sometime. The Gamer Square is just sitting there with its poorly ordered name words, waiting for it.

The Nikon retreat thing was quite the plot twist.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They wouldn't even come to SG when their forum was destroyed. boo

Rob was an old SG member?
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Stefan.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is stefan their leader? I thought rob was but maybe FFWA changed hands over time just like SG. Then again, it definitely was stefan who mentioned that FFWA was going away, so I guess he was. Or maybe Stefan was the Damien and Rob was the Man of Txt.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I’ve never heard of a Rob. I may have been the last person to post at FFWA.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Rob is news to the RDM. Stefan is the guy who came here.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Rob is the guy who kept telling us to get avatars, I think?
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Total posts: 2004
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've been horrible! Also I have no idea who boneman is.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

He was Germany's resident alcohol free SGUK member. He participated in some of 2G1 and 2G2's SGUK meetups, visited again in 2G5, then visited SGWH for New Year in 2G5/6. Never seen since.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Where in Germany do you live, Boneman? I could have gone to Bonn for grad school! (If it turns out you’re in Bonn, I shall henceforth refer to you as Bonnman—beware!) Instead I came to Montréal. I quit grad school, but I love Montréal. love
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, Damien, you and your photographic memory of all things SG-related. I may have been sober all the time, but I vaguely remember picking up some of those drunken vibes from all of you. Said something mean to Barry who was kind enough to let me stay at his place. Not my proudest moment. Sad However I got some sweet memories of getting hooked on DDR in London and after getting back I was terrorizing my dorm jumping around in my room at unholy hours. By the way I still think Vagrant Story is a brilliant game! Frust It is mostly brown though.

@Asaroth. I've been around for quite some time actually. Can't figure out when I originally registered, but it must have been around the year 2000 after I was super-impressed by FF8, which still has a special place in my heart although I don't think it's the best in the series. I think around that time I stumbled on SG. Made a fool of myself at first, but fell in line soon enough. I was pretty active in some of the photoshop guessing games if anyone remembers those. Also uploaded a shoddy song or two in the Creative Forum. And I added tons of avatars, I think someone told me to stop eventually, because it became too much. I also made this I think: Shrug

Yesterday I remembered that I actually have pictures in the SG photo album. Man, looking at all those weirdos really brought a wave of nostalgia. I'd forgotten how much this community meant to me back in the day.

@Smeared Ink: I live in Hildesheim now. During my active days on SG I was living in a small mountain town called Clausthal-Zellerfeld where my uni was. I've never been to Bonn. I may offer Tron Bonneman as an alternative, since I vaguely remember playing the game. Aren't you originally from Finland or something? Was your username Fei Ayanami back when? This guy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxMN0mDC3xM Oh, and there was another member with a similar name, J0hn? A brother or something?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Haha wtf is that doing online Yep that’s me it would seem! I am from Canada, but my dad was born in Denmark. Maybe that’s what you’re thinking of with the Finland thing..?

j0hn is dead. Sad
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There was someone else from Finland though. Plaztik?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

...who doesn't turn up for his own birthday threads boo
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Unlike Garbo, who only shows up for his birthday thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: