Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Thor: Ragnarok
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineEtch
Oh No.
KENN
KENN

Total posts: 376
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:04 am† †Post subject: icon_funny Thor: Ragnarok Reply with quote Back to top

Thor: For once please Hulk! No smash!

Hulk: But big monster!

Go watch. It is a great movie. It makes you forget that Thor: The Dork World is gone. Also there's only one puny human in the movie for a little while, Bruce Banner obviously but that doesn't last long. That's one of the many major reasons to go see it.
OnlineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 19437
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:55 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Saw it a few weeks back (the MCU films are always released here early). I did like the film and would give it a 4/5, but it's a low 4. Maybe there was a bit too much hype and I'd already seen too much in the trailers, but I was expecting a little more. The best Thor film for sure though, and in my top 10 MCU (it's getting to the point where that could be considered impressive).
Total posts: 5670
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:11 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Taika waititi is awesome and I have a huge mancrush on him
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Total posts: 12494
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Gonna see it tonight.
OnlineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
Taika waititi is awesome and I have a huge mancrush on him

His character got a bit annoying though. I feel he overused him
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna guess his character was the rock guy then, because I can't think of anyone else who was overused.
OnlineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:06 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Loki is actually annoying me a bit now. His mischievous betrayal has happened a few too many times (in 5 films).
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:11 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Loki's part at the beginning of the film was great. Later on, maybe not so much.
OnlineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:14 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I was hoping they were winding up to finish the MCU with Infinity War, but they've decided to keep the money rolling in. I do enjoy most of the films and they are bringing fresh blood and fresh ideas in all the time, but I think we've probably hit the crest of the wave and the series will soon deteriorate.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:47 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I think so too. I only hope they manage to pull of Infinity War.
OnlineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They're going to totally dampen it. I'd be surprised if any of the proper heroes get killed off.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:36 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That's not really critical to whether it's good. They could kill everyone off and it could still be bad.
OnlineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:23 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

True. It'll probably be good either way though. I just don't want them to half arse it just so they can keep all the separate franchises rolling afterwards. They'll probably properly kill off lesser characters (Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch) but leave Spider-Man and the like. Captain America and Iron Man will probably have more open-ended departures, even if the actors are quitting (and who knows if that's ever true?).
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:58 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I think they should kill off Iron Man. There's a certain symmetry to it, because he started off this cinematic universe, so if they really want to close a chapter on it after Infinity War that would be a way to go.

Vision will almost certainly die just because of logistics. He has what Thanos is after.
OnlineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:21 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If Iron Man does die, it's probably going to be a ridiculously drawn out death scene. I can't see any any of the heroes just being struck down unceremoniously in battle.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:30 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Thanos should just kill them all instantly with a thought.
Offlineeightman
Coast
Coast

Total posts: 340
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:52 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I actually enjoyed this one a lot. I laughed, wasn't bored, and overall had a good time with it.

A few groans when the cheese was a little thick... but that's pretty much all marvel movies.

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: