Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Kingdom Hearts III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 26396
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: icon_angry Kingdom Hearts III Reply with quote Back to top

Surprisingly, we didn't already have a Kingdom Hearts III thread, despite the game having been announced years ago and speculated on for pretty much a decade.
A new trailer is now out, which doesn't show too much (other than a *yawn* revisit to Olympus ).
https://youtu.be/eaHSpUZgW24
The trailer ends with the date that the next trailer will be released .

Anybody here looking forward to Kingdom Hearts III, or have followed the series in general? I've played all but the GBA and DS games and have all the PS3/4 remasters (one of the recent ones basically has a short demo of 3 with it) 3 is going to have to be pretty damn special to live up to the ridiculous gap since the last numbered game in the series (that's almost as old as SG2G5). The battle system looks fun and the graphics and suitably gorgeous, so as long as they create a lot of new worlds and rein in the crazy for the benefit of people new to the series, it should be good.

Looking forward to seeing it at some point before the PS5.
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Total posts: 2004
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm like 2-3 games behind but in theory Im excited for this.

Still need to play Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance and 2.8

I'll probably buy Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 at some point.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Birth By Sleep is probably my favourite game in the series. I never quite finished 3D, even though I've now bought it twice.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 19673
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get why you'd buy both Dream Drop Distance and 2.8 if you don't have either yet. As I best understand it, 2.8 is basically Dream Drop Distance +.

Anyway, I got 2.5 but didn't really play past KH II. I was bored by the long tutorial and story stuff at the beginning of the next game (was that birth by sleep? - I don't remember) and didn't get far into it.

I'll be more interested in KH III if they announce Darkwing Duck in it.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That won't happen.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: I see what you meant now.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
That won't happen.

Well, me buying it also likely won't happen.

Edit: WHy does fcuking /list want to keep appearing in my post. I had to delete that twice and I don't even know what it does.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You want Darkwing Duck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STBIC4dOBrI
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I just find it insulting that Disney has to cram in all their recent theatrical releases that fit in less well with the game, and Darkwing Duck would fit so well and they ignore it because it's not something they're cashing in on right now.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Uhhh...I liked Darkwing Duck and all but I can barely remember it and I dont know if it had any japanese presence.

Going for the more well known stuff probably is the smarter option.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, financially. That's what pisses me off about it. If I'm already buying the game, don't just make it an extended commercial for your other products. Darkwing Duck would make a great extra party member and a great world for the game.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwing Duck wasn't a popular thing over here either. They'd need to go through a lot of other IPs before dredging that up in Kingdom Hearts. I don't even think there's a Darkwing Duck Tsum Tsum!
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Like what? They've already included a lot of garbage. Including some worlds that seem fairly redundant. They don't have any world similar to Darkwing Duck. Only thing else they could do that I can think of that would be kind of similar is The Incredibles.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Included a lot of garbage?

Have a grudge against a certain Disney movie?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Eh...not really, but I feel like having two pirate themed worlds was a bit much even though Peter Pan and Pirates of the Caribbean are pretty different movies. At least they weren't in the same game. Tarzan was pretty boring, but I never saw the movie. Also felt a bit much to have both Tarzan and Lion King, although having you turn into animals helped make those feel different enough, I guess. Making a musical world of Little Mermaid in the second one was a bit much. Did they really have to bring that world back in another game? Probably "garbage" was too harsh, but I'm annoyed that they aren't doing Darkwing Duck.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You're really shooting for the moon on that one. As far as I know no tv series has made it in.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Fine, then do a Great Mouse Detective one and I'll be satisfied.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We have a better chance of Sora hanging out with the Avengers than that happening.

Though Im totally up for more obscure Disney history themed worlds. I dont even really like Black Cauldron, but when that rumor was circulating I was a little excited to see it adapted for Kingdom Hearts
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Asaroth Larot wrote:
We have a better chance of Sora hanging out with the Avengers than that happening.

I'll take it!

Also, yes on Black Cauldron. I think they could do some interesting things combining that world/plot with the heartless stuff.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Eh...not really, but I feel like having two pirate themed worlds was a bit much even though Peter Pan and Pirates of the Caribbean are pretty different movies. At least they weren't in the same game.

One is a big Disney film with lasting popularity, another was one of the biggest film franchises of the time. Honestly, I don't remember Darkwing Duck being any more popular than any other given cartoon at the time it was on. They'll want to put in stuff like Big Hero 6, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story (or any Pixar really). Then there's the possible chance of Marvel and/or Star Wars. I can just about imagine Duck Tales in there, but Darkwing Duck is way too random and forgotten (except apparently with one person).
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

All you're doing is explaining what my complaint was about to begin with. I know what they "want" and I think it's bad. They're more interested in what's big, particularly right now over what will make for good levels. How the heck is Duck Tales a better world for a game than Darkwing Duck? It isn't. Plain and simple. Some of those you mentioned seem pretty good. I could imagine Toy Story making for a pretty good world in the game, certainly. Frozen, on the other hand, is just Disney's big thing. It's probably alright, but doubtful it would be that great.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The world of Frozen is very close to a JRPG setting and would lend itself well to a story arc within a Kingdom Hearts game.
I simply say Duck Tales as it's far wider remembered than Darkwing Duck. I don't think it should be in the game though.
OfflineDoom
Total posts: 3543
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

This game does not exist.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

One day it may~
OfflineCid
Total posts: 674
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I must say the Kingdom hearts art style has translated very nicely to the current generation of consoles.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It looks lovely. I'm just worried that it'll already look dated by the time it's eventually out.
OfflineLast One
Senior 4 Life
KENN
KENN

Total posts: 392
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I can't wait to buy PS5 to check out the newest game preview!

Have a nice day
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

New trailer hit. KH3 is apparently out this year. Won't hold my breath
Total posts: 8676
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: icon_great  Reply with quote Back to top

Doom wrote:
This game does not exist.

But does doom exist either Sad
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Doom will come back for SG Day. Or maybe he'll come back to eat his words when KH3 is released
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Even if somehow Kingdom Hearts 3 doesnt come out this year. It wont bother me too much since Im already getting plenty of Kingdom Hearts in my diet with this marathon Im doing to prep for 3.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Somehow? I think it's very likely KH3 won't come out this year.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They’re revealing some Kindom Hearts III shit tomorrow.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They've been incrementally revealing KH3 stuff like a world at a time. All the stuff they've released seems to focus so much on one new world that I can't help but wonder if they've actually only created the few worlds they've shown us so far. If that's the case I wouldn't expect it in 2019 either.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Fist-It Felix
Fist-It Felix

Total posts: 11446
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I never played these gams. My mom did though so I do have one or more of them!
Total posts: 8676
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: sad  Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Maybe Doom will come back for SG Day. Or maybe he'll come back to eat his words when KH3 is released

He didn’t. Sad
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well KH3 still doesn't exist.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There was a playable section of it at the event... but we all know there was a playable section of Final Fantasy XV like 2 years before it was released.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There was video of FFXV when it was still versus XIII, I think.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

A reveal trailer thing, yeah. KHIII is at least further along than that
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

KINGDOM HEARTS III will be releasing on Xbox One and Playstation 4 on January 29, 2019!

After people go back to work after New Year... Sad
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe. They actually gave a date, so maybe. If they release on that date, and that's a big if, I'm sure it will be incomplete. That seems to be Square's model now. Take a decade to release and then release it incomplete anyway.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Only a matter of time before the alternate versions and DLC passes are announced.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yay Kingdom Hearts III now has various special editions and preorder bonus DLC keyblades and shit!
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

What a nunch of BS I could care less about. Typically there are way more keyblades than I use anyway.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Not the original thread, but the OFFICIAL one. 3 months to go... Shock
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Fist-It Felix
Fist-It Felix

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
we didn't already have a Kingdom Hearts III thread

lies!!!
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like your post and Damien's last post should be in reverse order.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Fist-It Felix
Fist-It Felix

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Now would be a good time for LG to chime in with his thoughts on post order.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We didn't have a proper Kingdom Hearts III thread
(I didn't search for "KHIII ^______^".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: