Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Dissidia NT
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 27063
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:44 pm† †Post subject:  Dissidia NT Reply with quote Back to top

SE have today announced the early 2018 PS4 release of the latest version of their Final Fantasy brawler series, Dissidia. I owned the original PSP game back in the day and gave it a fair go, and though I have lots of love for the characters and art direction, I felt it was a bit of a mess and paled as a serious fighting game.
The Japanese arcade version (developed by Team Ninja) is apparently a lot better than either of the PSP games. The trailer makes it still seem a bit of a mess (with characters flying all over the place), but I guess that's what 3v3 it going to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUkhDTVAOko

Not sure I want to pay full price for this (already regretting doing that with Tekken 7 last week. they still haven't fixed online matchmaking there), but if it has some interesting extra modes, I could be swayed. Will pick it up at some point. Maybe in a year.

Any Dissidia fans among us?
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 20087
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:47 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Never played a Dissidia game and they all seemed terrible to me. I bet even Ergheiz was better.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:48 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Ergheiz was a bit closer to a straightforward fighting game. It was generally very lacking. That one one of the PS1 games that Square DID decide to release here in Europe though
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Total posts: 2004
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:45 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If Dissidia was more traditional I'd probably be all over it.

I had Dissidia 1 for psp for a short bit but then sold it because I couldnt stand it
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:50 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not quite down with the idea of all the characters being pretty much able to fly. That was one of the first things that ruined Advent Children for me back in the day
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:36 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I just want a non clusterfuck. I understand that FF characters dont fit that great into a Street Fighter esque set up...but there's gotta be a better way than Dissidia's.

I'd gladly take even a Smash Bros clone.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Unauthorised Emoji
Unauthorised Emoji

Total posts: 11393
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:06 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Just make a whole game that's like the Sephiroth fight in Kingdom Hearts. Way too freaking hard, with lots of teleporting.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:10 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Debuting a fighting game franchise on the psp seems like it was a horrible idea. I probably would have stuck with it longer otherwise.
OfflineJoei
Tenkyu Star
Smokey
Smokey

Total posts: 1680
Female Female
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:00 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

What is Dissidia?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:32 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

As the arcade version of Dissidia is getting a console version, I now wonder if we'll see a console version of the arcade version of Theatrhythm That might be a good one for Switch.

One thing that could sway me to buying the PS4 version of Dissidia is if they allowed you to import your Final Fantasy XIV character as a fighter. Glans Helmet Vs The World.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:53 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I bought Dissida NT back in April. got it second hand and traded in an Amiibo figure to get it for free. After playing for about an hour, I regretted bothering. Loading times are atrocious and despite the game claiming to have robust and in-depth gameplay, it often doesn't even feel like I'm controlling the thing. DLC fighters are mostly bland and too expensive and I have zero motivation to spend the time learning what the hell is going on. At least the arcade machine has a big shiny crystal-shaped button for you to mash :/
OfflineCybernetic Empire
Booze Hound
Card Master
Card Master

Total posts: 959
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:43 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I started playing the mobile game. It's a turn based rpg. I like it more that the PSP game already (I used to cuss a lot playing that game).
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:58 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's a totally different game. I refuse to let myself get into any of the Square FTP games though

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: