Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Dragon Quest XI
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineCid
Total posts: 689
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:15 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
Cid wrote:
I've never been a Dragon Quest fan but the graphical style of this game has me intrigued. Might pick it up whenever it goes on sale.

Itís on sale right now on pan! Chocobo

What is pan?
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 9061
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:09 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Itís something you cook stuff on.

But i meant to say dqxiii is on sale on PSN
OfflineCid
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:29 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Alas, I don't have a playstation.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:21 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Itís unfortunate that you made the wrong console choice
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:34 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I made the correct console choice, which is having no console at all and playing everything on PC.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 20087
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:21 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sure. It's a great choice if you like spending half your gaming time fiddling with configurations and spending more money.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:30 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Sure. It's a great choice if you like spending half your gaming time fiddling with configurations and spending more money.

PC gaming master race am I right lolololololoololoo
OfflineCid
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:46 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Sure. It's a great choice if you like spending half your gaming time fiddling with configurations

- Buy game off Steam
- Click install
- Play game

Wow so much fiddling.

Quote:
and spending more money.

I purchase all my games during blowout sales on digital storefronts like Steam or GreenManGaming which happen all the time, presumably from lack of physical copies and multiple middle men.

If you're referring to the cost of the actual PC, you're not wrong, but how much more you're spending depends on what you're building. You could hop on logicalincrements.com and put together a rig comparable to the price of a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X if you wanted to. Personally, what I prefer is to spend the extra money to build an amazing PC at the time which will last me for the next 10 years with maybe a video card upgrade in there somewhere along the line. I built the PC I'm using right now around '09 if I remember right and only recently have I had trouble running games. I could upgrade the video card to one from a few years ago and squeeze a few more years out of it, but I'm choosing to just build a new one now.

For me, the gargantuan leap in graphics and performance over console, in addition to getting most of my games for next to nothing, on top of using it for other applications like 3D modeling and music production, makes it worth it for me. But of course that isn't the case for everyone and for others it would make more sense to just pick up an Xbone. I still have a dozen consoles in a box that I break out sometimes when I could just emulate them, so I get the appeal.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:02 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm talking about with your controllers and shit like that. I have mutliple friends who play PC games and every time I've come over and played with them it's a whole thing about setting up the buttons for controllers (and usually something gets messed up in the process) for awhile. Sometimes it has to be done again between playing different games. It can't just be my friends. I'm sure that nonsense goes hand in hand with PC gaming because, unlike consoles, PCs don't have game peripherals specifically designed for them.

For me the minor graphical leaps wouldn't even be enough for me to go up from PS2 if I didn't have to for new games.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:07 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Im going to build myself a $5500 pc gaming rig to own all the nubs in fortinight
OfflineCid
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
I'm talking about with your controllers and shit like that. I have mutliple friends who play PC games and every time I've come over and played with them it's a whole thing about setting up the buttons for controllers (and usually something gets messed up in the process) for awhile. Sometimes it has to be done again between playing different games. It can't just be my friends. I'm sure that nonsense goes hand in hand with PC gaming because, unlike consoles, PCs don't have game peripherals specifically designed for them.

Without knowing the specifics of their setup I couldn't tell you what the issue is there, but that's not a normal experience. A modern OS will usually find and install the appropriate drivers automatically. Button configuration would be controlled by whatever game or program you're using the controller with. I play all my games through Steam which has integrated controller support, so when I recently bought a PS4 controller to play games like Dark Souls on my PC, all I had to do was plug it in. All other applications picked it up without issue and it was the same story when I bought an arcade stick for fighting games.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Off topic boo
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:26 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We're completely on topic. Obviously we're talking about using Slime Controllers.

OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:34 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Doesnít work on a pc boo
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:40 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well SHIT.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:22 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

So, basically the same thing for PCs and consoles.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:03 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I played this a bit.
The horse mechanics are bad. Coming after a game like BOTW or RDR2 - the horse here is just another, faster, type of movement.

.... but woah horses in DQ! the innovashun
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Um. You can also run over enemies. Did you miss that detail?
Because it's great.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:33 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I did. It still feels like Iím not riding a horse though.
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Total posts: 11904
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:11 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is it like riding a bike in Earthbound/Pokťmon?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:41 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

At least in Pokemon you can use the bike throughout the game. In Earthbound you get the bike and then almost immediately are unable to use it when Paula joins the party.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 27063
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:34 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I barely ever bother using a horse in Dragon Quest XI.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:54 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there's lots of places that you can't use it, but in most places that you can, I'll at least use it some of the time.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Total posts: 11904
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:49 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

ward says ur right dis game good
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:54 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

This game is bad ur wrong
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:55 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Waward is Wacrazy.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:55 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

jking Iíve played it for 0G025 hours so far and had I finished it in 2G18 it would be my 2G18 GOTY
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:42 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You don't need to have finished it for it to be your GOTY. I still haven't finished it!
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:12 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Me too. Which is stupid because I've been at like the last area forever. I just stkpped playong for a bit because I wanted to grind for gold to get some equipment than I ended up playing a bunch of different games. I should get back to it.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:43 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I heard thereís essentially a second campaign after the first one ends? Shock
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:06 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

A "third act". I played this twice over Christmas, after not playing it since early November. I find it so hard to get back into RPGs.
Persona 5, Digimon Cyber Sleuth and Tales of Berseria spring to mind
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:19 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Im playing this game on my iPhone right now
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:58 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Iím still trying to get through it.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:02 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pro tip donít do it on your iPhone
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:19 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That's closer to a novice tip.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:09 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Thereís a phone version?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:47 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Thereís a remote play app now
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:02 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Remote play on the Vita fucking infuriated me. The technology just wasnít at that point yet. Howís it now?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:07 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Remote play on the Vita fucking infuriated me. The technology just wasnít at that point yet. Howís it now?

Oh itís much worse.
1. You have to use touch screen controls.
2. Unlike the vita it doesnít connect directly to the ps4 and connects through your home wifi network. It performs much worse as a result.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:34 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Does the picture break up and the connection get lost a lot?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:08 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. For a game like dq XI it wasnít so bad because itís archaic by design.
I think the lack of a proper controller hurts it more.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:01 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Guess I should try this feature out to see how bad it is. Wonder why they've even added the option if the technology still isn't quite there yet
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Guess I should try this feature out to see how bad it is. Wonder why they've even added the option if the technology still isn't quite there yet

I am wondering that myself.
Maybe because they killed the vita last month?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:55 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've made it to the last dungeon (of the main adventure) Shock
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:49 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If they did something like Nintendo Labo for mobile phones, it might make using them in this way more palatable.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:02 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Paper controllers?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:26 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'm just saying something that transforms the phone into a controller. It doesn't have to be paper.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:04 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Planning to finish the game this weekend. Backed out on Sunday because I wasn't sure how much there was left and wanted to save. Finished Yakuza Kiwami instead.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:00 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Just got to the first end scene. 64 hours in.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:21 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm near the end of Yakiza 0. Basically just letting my business keep bringing in money so I can fill out my abilities. I didn't get Limit Breaker, which is what I assume unlocks the outer rungs of Dragon, so I won't fill that out all the way. Afterward I'll come back to finishing this off. Then back to Tales of Berseria maybe of something else doesn't distract in the meantime. I think I'm way past 64 hours on DQXI.

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: