Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Pokémon for Switch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Total posts: 8361
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: icon_mocker Pokémon for Switch Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any meaningful information about this game? I looked recently and found nothing much.

Anyone got an uncle working at Nintendo? Mr. Green

Assuming there's nothing concrete to go on, care to take any guesses on how this Pokémon RPG might differ from the tried-and-true formula, if very much at all? Think it'll still be top-down, for instance? Do you want it to be?

Part of me wants it to be a huge leap in a new direction, and part of me wants familiar old top-down Pokémon.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 23410
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Gen VII is little over a year old. There isn't any solid information, other than that the Switch game will be Gen VIII of the main series and -should- be released next year. Sun/Moon with nicer graphics would be fine with me. People keep blabbing about a Pokémon MMORPG, but these are generally people who no longer play Pokémon and don't realsie what makes the series good. i can already battle and chat to strangers on the 3DS versions.

By the way, Pokémon dropped "top-down" a couple of generations ago.
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

*Looks up Pokémon Sun/Moon footage*

Wow I'm so out of date on Pokémon.

Sweet!

Also, making it an MMO sounds unlikely and also a guaranteed way to stop me from playing it!
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Play Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon!
By the way, despite not wanting to play MMOs, I think you'll still like FFXIV (considering that you like XII). There are a lot of causal and fast levelling ways for beginners to catch up now. Somebody I invtoduced in November hasn't played much and is now more or less at the point I was when I introduced her to he game (been playing since 2014).
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I have very little doubt I'd enjoy FFXIV. Not playing MMOs has nothing to do with thinking they're bad.

I cannot play recent Pokémons because I don't have a 3DS. Doubt I'll get one at this point, even though they're surely pretty cheap now. I just don't play games enough lately to warrant it.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You can play 3DS on the toilet at work though Mr. Green
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
King Dadbod
King Dadbod

Total posts: 17190
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Um....that does not sound like a good plan.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I could play any of my video games at work if I wanted to. But again... not a good plan.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Why not? In my 5 and a half year job, I think I played at least 30 minutes a day at work
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Total posts: 2004
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

even though Ive slacked off. Ive put a lot of effort into this franchise so Im looking forward to this Switch entry.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Given that I've only played two of the main Pokémon games, completed neither of them, and had no idea how the series had progressed in the past decade, it might be a stretch to call myself a big fan. But I did really enjoy what I played of those two games. Mr. Green
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

When we were pouring blending in the Indian restaurant.
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Ya Moron!
Ya Moron!

Total posts: 635
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I would love a new Pokemon Snap game on the Switch. You could use the thing in portable mode just like a camera. It's PERFECT.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
King Dadbod
King Dadbod

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played a Pokemon game. Maybe the Switch entry will be a good place to starts.
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Ya Moron!
Ya Moron!

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If they made some sort of Pokemon MMO where you can actually run around a hi def sandbox world catching Pokemon and battling people I would shit a brick.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If they ever did that, I hope it's just be one mode/option in the game (like an expanded version of Ferstival Plaza in Sun/Moon). Pokémon is much more than that.
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There’s some rumours that there will be info quite soon:

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-pokemon-switch-reveal-happening-soon-unconfirmed-details/

I hope that if it is indeed connected with Pokémon Go, it’s not in any major/madatory way, cause that game seems pretty shite to me!
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That’d be a confusing and bad move, if this was to be a proper main series Pokémon game.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
King Dadbod
King Dadbod

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pokemon Switch? More like Pokemon Ditch.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

:sadpikachu
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope the supposed leaks aren't true, or if they are, they're relating to a spinoff. I want a proper new generation Pokémon game, not some free to play Gen I nostalgia fest
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

:agreetea
Please hold.
Ya Moron!
Ya Moron!

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
I really hope the supposed leaks aren't true, or if they are, they're relating to a spinoff. I want a proper new generation Pokémon game, not some free to play Gen I nostalgia fest

wut leaks
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Some Pokémon domain registrations were made through the same channels that were used to resister Suna me Moon (how those reveals were leaked). Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee...
Very much hoping that if they’re real, they’re not main series titles (or at least remakes of Gen I).
Pokémon GO style gameplay and catching mechanics are being batted around. Hopefully won’t be as bad as it sounds.
Hoping this is a Kanto remake to bridge the gap between a real Gen VIII.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Total posts: 2004
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

This seems like a natural e3 drop.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yay it’s just a spin-off!
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Phew!
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'll 100% get it on launch day, but I'm glad it's not instead of a proper Gen VIII with a new region, new Pokémon and no gimmicky control methods.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: