Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 
 
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> A Bone to pick with Square Enix....is this treason?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OfflineStroo
Avatar
Red Lion
Red Lion

Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Total posts: 39
Location: London
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: icon_idea A Bone to pick with Square Enix....is this treason? Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so maybe this IS treason, considering this site is called Squaregamer, dont get me wrong, I Love Squaresoft! I won't go into it but they have lit up my life. But...Square Enix is a different Matter altogether. maybe im traditional but I prefered characters without voices (although I do understand the need to move on and progress, so I accept it) But they made it so....American! I'm sure in Japan the voices were japanese but to make it American then ship it to the UK, its just another godsend game/film that was slightly tarnished by americanism. sorry to blame america, its not thier fault at all. But you see where im coming from?
Also...and this annoys me. SINGLE FORMAT GAMES. What was wrong with making X, X-2 and XII or even IX Pc? why should I buy a playstation 2 just to enjoy final fantasy X? huh?! thats why I didn't play it. I sat at home and replayed XIII instead. Square Enix be damned.
But I darn't miss XII, so I will get a PS2. But I'm still holding it against square enix, i should send them the bill....grrr.
agree? dsagree? comment?
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand your full argument but they should get the voice cast of The Getaway to dub Final Fantasy XII for The U.K Check!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJeff 2G6
The Pretender
 Avatar
Lord Burghley
Lord Burghley

Joined: 02 May 2005
Total posts: 1248
Location: New Jersey
Male Male
Age: 33
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Square-Enix is shit even though you have the grammar of a 5 year old and I have no understanding of what you said.

Or it could be cause you're a smelly brit.

They made FF 7 and 8 for PC, but they didn't sell well. So yea it wouldn't make sense to make it for PC since almsot everyone has a PS2 anyway.

As far as Americanized, I don't understand what the gripe is. I never felt any FF was Americanized considering they weren't even Japanized, if that's a word, in the first place.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineStroo
Avatar
Red Lion
Red Lion

Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Total posts: 39
Location: London
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

hey fuck you. By americanised i mean you only have to look at the trailer for FF XII, the voice over in that background that sounds like its talking about the lotr movie or something.
Smelly brits could kick your ass at anything final fantasy any day of the week.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJeff 2G6
The Pretender
 Avatar
Lord Burghley
Lord Burghley

Joined: 02 May 2005
Total posts: 1248
Location: New Jersey
Male Male
Age: 33
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yea ok you kick my ass in Final Fantasy, I'll kick your ass in life. Fair trade?
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineGarbo
Wandering Nazi
 Avatar
Winnie The Poon
Winnie The Poon

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 1584
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: icon_idea Re: A Bone to pick with Square Enix....is this treason? Reply with quote Back to top

Stroo wrote:
Ok, so maybe this IS treason, considering this site is called Squaregamer, dont get me wrong, I Love Squaresoft! I won't go into it but they have lit up my life. But...Square Enix is a different Matter altogether. maybe im traditional but I prefered characters without voices (although I do understand the need to move on and progress, so I accept it) But they made it so....American! I'm sure in Japan the voices were japanese but to make it American then ship it to the UK, its just another godsend game/film that was slightly tarnished by americanism. sorry to blame america, its not thier fault at all. But you see where im coming from?


Not really. I don't understand why you're complaining about videogames having American voice actors, seeing as how North America is the single largest English video game market in the world, by far. It only makes sense that the voice actors have an American accent. If you'd rather have it in a British accent, it would annoy the rest of the world. I live in Australia, and I would hate to hear Final Fantasy in a British accent.

Quote:
Also...and this annoys me. SINGLE FORMAT GAMES. What was wrong with making X, X-2 and XII or even IX Pc? why should I buy a playstation 2 just to enjoy final fantasy X? huh?! thats why I didn't play it.

You're rather foolish. You want everything to just be on PC? It's not going to happen. Gaming consoles are there for a reason, and traditionally, Square has been pretty faithful to one console in each generation. If you had a Playstation, you'd play FF VII-IX, if you had a Playstation 2, you'd play FF X-XII. This is the way things work, and it always has worked, so wanting everything on PC is just not going to happen. It pretty much invalidates the gaming console market, and a lot of the time, annoys the hell out of the computer owner when they find that half their computer is filled with games.

Quote:
I sat at home and replayed XIII instead.

You have FF13?
Quote:
Square Enix be damned. But I darn't miss XII, so I will get a PS2. But I'm still holding it against square enix, i should send them the bill....grrr.
agree? dsagree? comment?

So you'd buy a PS2 for FFXII, but not FFX? What's your reasoning for that?

And if you're going to hold it against Square Enix, you should hold it against every video game company ever for not releasing all their games on PC. And not once have I seen you mention the fact that Square Enix has that Final Fantasy game on Gamecube, cellphone, and PSP. You're lucky they're games that you don't really give a shit about, some companies will just spread their releases over several different consoles so that people are forced to buy all of them.

Jeff 2K5 wrote:
Square-Enix is shit even though you have the grammar of a 5 year old and I have no understanding of what you said.

Or it could be cause you're a smelly brit.


Grow up you piece of shit.

Quote:
As far as Americanized, I don't understand what the gripe is. I never felt any FF was Americanized considering they weren't even Japanized, if that's a word, in the first place.

That would be because you live in America. To the rest of the world, it is blatantly obvious that almost everything is Americanized, and his particular gripe would be the American accent used by voice actors. Of course it's a silly argument, but I've learnt to accept that most things have American values attached to them and I'm okay with it, and you need to learn to recognise that most things in this world are American.

Stroo wrote:
hey fuck you. By americanised i mean you only have to look at the trailer for FF XII, the voice over in that background that sounds like its talking about the lotr movie or something.
Smelly brits could kick your ass at anything final fantasy any day of the week.


Yeah, you grow up too. Swearing lost its impact a long time ago, and it's kind of hard to kick someone's ass at Final Fantasy when the majority of it has primarily been constructed with a single player focus in mind.

Jeff 2K5 wrote:
Yea ok you kick my ass in Final Fantasy, I'll kick your ass in life. Fair trade?


Wow, tough guy on the internet, that's original.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJeff 2G6
The Pretender
 Avatar
Lord Burghley
Lord Burghley

Joined: 02 May 2005
Total posts: 1248
Location: New Jersey
Male Male
Age: 33
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Speak for yourself Mr. I have lots of power so I can edit someone elses posts like I think I'm a fucking tough guy.

Maybe you should stop flaunting your pussy around.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineGarbo
Wandering Nazi
 Avatar
Winnie The Poon
Winnie The Poon

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 1584
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Jeff 2K5 wrote:
Speak for yourself Mr. I have lots of power so I can edit someone elses posts like I think I'm a fucking tough guy.


Editing posts does not make me look like a tough guy, it just makes me look like a funny guy to anybody who isn't you.

Quote:
Maybe you should stop flaunting your pussy around.

What the hell does that even mean?
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJeff 2G6
The Pretender
 Avatar
Lord Burghley
Lord Burghley

Joined: 02 May 2005
Total posts: 1248
Location: New Jersey
Male Male
Age: 33
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

By funny you mean acting like a tough guy? I didn't see anyone laughing except probably yourself.

It means exactly what it states. Too hard to comprehend?
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineGarbo
Wandering Nazi
 Avatar
Winnie The Poon
Winnie The Poon

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 1584
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Jeff 2K5 wrote:
By funny you mean acting like a tough guy? I didn't see anyone laughing except probably yourself.

Oh cool, because you have the ability to see people laughing over the internet.

Quote:
It means exactly what it states. Too hard to comprehend?


"I don't see American influence, honest."
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJeff 2G6
The Pretender
 Avatar
Lord Burghley
Lord Burghley

Joined: 02 May 2005
Total posts: 1248
Location: New Jersey
Male Male
Age: 33
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

No shit. You can't genius. You fucking assumed everyone else was laughing. Idiot.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineGarbo
Wandering Nazi
 Avatar
Winnie The Poon
Winnie The Poon

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 1584
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Calbrena wrote:
I like garbo's edits

I have reason to assume that people find it amusing, again, you kinda suck so you don't count.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJeff 2G6
The Pretender
 Avatar
Lord Burghley
Lord Burghley

Joined: 02 May 2005
Total posts: 1248
Location: New Jersey
Male Male
Age: 33
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

OK I guess 1 person means everyone, but me. Good logic!

I don't count for what? Your intellectual opinions? Please. I'll stay out as much as you want.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineGarbo
Wandering Nazi
 Avatar
Winnie The Poon
Winnie The Poon

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 1584
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You don't count as someone that matters, and yes, one person gives me reason to believe, as opposed to no people.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJeff 2G6
The Pretender
 Avatar
Lord Burghley
Lord Burghley

Joined: 02 May 2005
Total posts: 1248
Location: New Jersey
Male Male
Age: 33
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Believe what you want. Because that has nothing to do with your previous statement.

O man I don't matter to you?! My life is over.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineGarbo
Wandering Nazi
 Avatar
Winnie The Poon
Winnie The Poon

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 1584
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It gives me reason to believe the assumption that people are laughing, except you. Or is that too hard to comprehend?

Quote:
O man I don't matter to you?! My life is over.

That's good to know.
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJeff 2G6
The Pretender
 Avatar
Lord Burghley
Lord Burghley

Joined: 02 May 2005
Total posts: 1248
Location: New Jersey
Male Male
Age: 33
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It gives me reason to believe that your assumption that people are laughing except me, is false when the source is 1 person.

Mmk. I'm happy that you're happy. Youre still a dipshit in my eyes Garbo and that's all that matters.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Nice argument Check!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflinePlaztik
</3
 Avatar
Amarillo
Amarillo

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 1162
Location: Amsterdam
Male Male
Age: 39
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

yeah well, my peen is bigger than yours boo
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
 Avatar
Bumbaclart
Bumbaclart

Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Total posts: 5067
Location: TARDIS
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'd stop it with the online willy waving if I was you two.
If thats the best you've got to wave, you'd be better off putting it away and responding to 'Make your wang bigger' e-mails.

If you've got a problem with a company, by all means address it. But there is absolutely no need to start using bullshit like 'Brits could kick your ass at Final Fantasy'

I mean, wtf is up with that? WOW, mucho respect points there mate. How I bow in an inferiority complex to you.

Jeff: Why say you don't understand him, then answer his point? Do you understand him or not?

And well done that Garbo on your first post. Just the first mind.

Now grow up. This isn't an online creche 'mine is bigger than yours so I am better' okay?
_________________
monsieur et madame, la parade monstrueuse!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yuka! I'd kick your arse at Dragon Quest so FUCK YOU!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
 Avatar
Bumbaclart
Bumbaclart

Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Total posts: 5067
Location: TARDIS
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Very mature that. You know, the one thing I used to love about SG was its maturity. Back when I was on two forums, one was the utter latrine of the internet. I always preferred here.

Now whats happened to it?
_________________
monsieur et madame, la parade monstrueuse!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Fucking Brits took over!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
 Avatar
Bumbaclart
Bumbaclart

Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Total posts: 5067
Location: TARDIS
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

As you always say. Delightful.
_________________
monsieur et madame, la parade monstrueuse!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineRenge Ishyo
Avatar
Printworks
Printworks

Joined: 03 Jul 2005
Total posts: 758
Location: Reseda, CA
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Shoo, you are just prejudice against red slimes. If Square only merged with an Enix that contained white slimes you probably wouldn't have a problem at all. Cut all the tap dancing around the issue and just ADMIT it.

Quote:
You know, the one thing I used to love about SG was its maturity. Back when I was on two forums, one was the utter latrine of the internet. I always preferred here.

Now whats happened to it?


Ah, yes...I remember the glory days of SG, filled with nudity and tongs...seems like only a month or so ago...

Well, ahem at any rate, we can't live in the past. It is always best to solve arguments with jell-o wrestling, but since modern technology doesn't allow for such practices over the internet I suppose we just have to revert back to good old fashioned immature name calling Check! For the record, 2k5 is right in the sense that I personally didn't laugh at any part of this thread (except when Damien claimed he could kick Yuka's ass at Dragon quest, which came after), but at the same time that could be because I am currently studying 16 hours a day and my sense of humor is waning ).
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
 Avatar
Bumbaclart
Bumbaclart

Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Total posts: 5067
Location: TARDIS
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I just happened to very in a very foul mood when I read this, and just snapped, which is usually very uncharacteristic of me.

Edit: is now a good time to say that I was never naked when you were MOTW?
_________________
monsieur et madame, la parade monstrueuse!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineRenge Ishyo
Avatar
Printworks
Printworks

Joined: 03 Jul 2005
Total posts: 758
Location: Reseda, CA
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

"Uncharacteristic", huh...

Edit: That wasn't a requirement of the rules. The rules only stated that you say you were naked. Lying was perfectly acceptable (people lie about anything related to sex all the time Check!).
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
 Avatar
Bumbaclart
Bumbaclart

Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Total posts: 5067
Location: TARDIS
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Renge Ishyo wrote:
"Uncharacteristic", huh...

Edit: That wasn't a requirement of the rules. The rules only stated that you say you were naked. Lying was perfectly acceptable (people lie about anything related to sex all the time Check!).

Yes, uncharacteristic. What are you trying to say huh?
_________________
monsieur et madame, la parade monstrueuse!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: All about %s  Reply with quote Back to top

Renge Ishyo wrote:
I personally didn't laugh at any part of this thread (except when Damien claimed he could kick Yuka's ass at Dragon quest, which came after)

What's funny about that you fucking Yank cunt!
I'll kick any American prick's ass at any RPG any day.
Just try it!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJoei
Tenkyu Star
 Avatar
Smokey
Smokey

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 1679
Location: SGWH, London
Female Female
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

i'd kick your fucking arse at pepsiman
_________________
mrobo: I am impaired mentally
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's fucking on then you Northern prick!
I'll beat you at Pepsiman and watching TV!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineRenge Ishyo
Avatar
Printworks
Printworks

Joined: 03 Jul 2005
Total posts: 758
Location: Reseda, CA
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Yes, uncharacteristic. What are you trying to say huh?


Well err, I wasn't trying to say anything, nothing at all. Everyone knows Yuka is just the nicest sweetest bit o honey. These frequent err...infrequent outbursts are simply random acts of God and need only be ignored in the same way that people ignore things like Anderson's canned pea soup and NHL Hockey.

Quote:
I'll kick any American prick's ass at any RPG any day.
Just try it!


All right you tea drinking crappy teeth bastard, it's ON! Quest 64 tournament, you and me:



First person to complete the game without losing their will to live wins!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJeff 2G6
The Pretender
 Avatar
Lord Burghley
Lord Burghley

Joined: 02 May 2005
Total posts: 1248
Location: New Jersey
Male Male
Age: 33
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'd definetely win that. I beat Quest 64 quite a few times.

Don't ask why I liked it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
 Avatar
Bumbaclart
Bumbaclart

Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Total posts: 5067
Location: TARDIS
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Well err, I wasn't trying to say anything, nothing at all. Everyone knows Yuka is just the nicest sweetest bit o honey.


Good. Keep it that way
_________________
monsieur et madame, la parade monstrueuse!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineJoei
Tenkyu Star
 Avatar
Smokey
Smokey

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 1679
Location: SGWH, London
Female Female
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

pepsi for tv game
_________________
mrobo: I am impaired mentally
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: All about %s  Reply with quote Back to top

Renge Ishyo wrote:


All right you tea drinking crappy teeth bastard, it's ON! Quest 64 tournament, you and me:



First person to complete the game without losing their will to live wins!


It's called HOLY MAGIC CENTURY you dumb fat prick and I'll beat your ARSE at that! IT IS ON! Frust Frust Frust
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
 Avatar
Bumbaclart
Bumbaclart

Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Total posts: 5067
Location: TARDIS
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The smell of testosterone is overpowering.
_________________
monsieur et madame, la parade monstrueuse!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineRenge Ishyo
Avatar
Printworks
Printworks

Joined: 03 Jul 2005
Total posts: 758
Location: Reseda, CA
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
It's called HOLY MAGIC CENTURY you dumb fat prick and I'll beat your ARSE at that!


Aww, don't have the version released by Imagineer? Sorry then, you LOOSE!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I have the PAL version
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineTheDarkOne
I play Slayer...
 Avatar
Printworks
Printworks

Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Total posts: 751
Location: San Diego
Male Male
Age: 35
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

wtf.. just... wtf...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Offlineruroken
Avatar
Man Collector
Man Collector

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 254
Location: Singapore
Male Male
Age: 88
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
I have the PAL version


As in NTSC's counterpart or Programmable Array Logic?
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

ruroken wrote:
Damien wrote:
I have the PAL version


As in NTSC's counterpart or Programmable Array Logic?
As in stop being smart, it doesn't suit you ruroken
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
Offlineruroken
Avatar
Man Collector
Man Collector

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 254
Location: Singapore
Male Male
Age: 88
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If I was as clever as you said I am I wouldn't be asking any more questions now, would I? Sad
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineWaWard
Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Total posts: 7731
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Square Enix sucks shit.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Dragon Quest VIII is actually really good and I haven't played much of any Dragon Quest before it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflinePendragon
Curious by Nature
 Avatar
Hot Man
Hot Man

Joined: 27 May 2005
Total posts: 675
Location: USA
Male Male
Age: 36
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say the merge has it's shares of pro's and con's. Sure we have to put up with Square whoring itself out in order to make Enix franchises more popular overseas (a.k.a. FFXII demo disc included with DQVIII), however there’s a reason DQ is the number 1 RPG series in Japan and if we give it a chance then maybe we’ll be able to find that reason for ourselves. Not too mention the anticipation of the day when Squeenix finally combine the elements that Square and Enix individually excel at and put them into their games. Then we’ll all rejoice, or so I hope…

I do have to admit that I do wonder at times what things would've been like for Square if they hadn't sunk so far with The Spirit's Within. Such as, would they have merged if they hadn't been in a financially difficult situation and what different games if any would they have made if they stayed solo, guess we'll never know.

BTW, how did this thread get so far off topic so quickly?
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDoom
Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Total posts: 3543
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

more like A Boner to pick
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pendragon wrote:
I'd say the merge has it's shares of pro's and con's. Sure we have to put up with Square whoring itself out in order to make Enix franchises more popular overseas (a.k.a. FFXII demo disc included with DQVIII), however there’s a reason DQ is the number 1 RPG series in Japan and if we give it a chance then maybe we’ll be able to find that reason for ourselves. Not too mention the anticipation of the day when Squeenix finally combine the elements that Square and Enix individually excel at and put them into their games. Then we’ll all rejoice, or so I hope…

I do have to admit that I do wonder at times what things would've been like for Square if they hadn't sunk so far with The Spirit's Within. Such as, would they have merged if they hadn't been in a financially difficult situation and what different games if any would they have made if they stayed solo, guess we'll never know.

BTW, how did this thread get so far off topic so quickly?


Well it was dead for over a month.
Other than that: this is SG, need any more reason

The Spirits Within was a big mistake but all the talent had already left Square by this point.
DQVIII US soon Mr. Green
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
 Avatar
Bumbaclart
Bumbaclart

Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Total posts: 5067
Location: TARDIS
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

And anyway, Square are enjoying massive sales from Advent Children. Even on the rip off UMD format.

All they have to do is push out the rest of the Compilation of FFVII, KH2, DQVIII, FFXII and its laughter all the way to the bank.
_________________
monsieur et madame, la parade monstrueuse!
Back to top
View user's profile 
OfflineDamien
Most High One
 Avatar
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Total posts: 24972
Location: Gunchester
Male Male
Age: 37
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I think I was the only person on the internet to buy FFVII AC D:
Back to top
View user's profile 
Display posts from previous:   


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


SquareGamer.com © 1999-2005 All Rights Reserved. Content published on SquareGamer.com requires permission for reprint or reuse.
Designed by Luke Agbaimoni. Maintained by Chris Hinkley. Founded by Shaun Walford
AFILLIATES | txt2nite | DJ Damien | Pikachu Gallery

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed