Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Pokémon Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Total posts: 9390
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject:  Pokémon Go Reply with quote Back to top

So, all of NYC and Long Island seems to be playing Pokemon Go these days*. I haven't downloaded it yet but I'm kinda tempted. Have you guys tried it? Is it any good?

*At least everyone on public transports and in the street keeps talking about it

Last edited by Calbrena on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 9061
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: icon_cool  Reply with quote Back to top

It's not available in Canada yet, because Nintendo hates Trudeau.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Total posts: 11904
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It is bizarre how much I see this game in the news and the reasons why.
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 20087
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pokemon Go? More like Pokemon No, am i right?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I assume this is what everyone means by Pokémon Go?

Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, neat go boards.

So when is it supposed to be released in Canada then?

Being a Pokemon trainer is serious business.
Offlineeightman
Ya Moron!
Ya Moron!

Total posts: 638
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

would be more fun if less buggy. their servers are overloaded to the max.

probably people in canada and other places downloading it from other sources to play before release isn't helping.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 27063
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing it with friends in Spain over the past couple of weeks. While it's mostly ugly as fuck and devoid of any of the character and charm of the Pokémon games series/general franchise (of which I'm a big fan), there's something about it that makes it fun and addictive. Was good bumping into Spanish NPCs who'd ask us if we were catching Pokémon
Total posts: 9061
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

ITS OUT IN CANADA

BUT IM OUT OF A PHONE FOR A BIT
Total posts: 689
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I got bored of it after a couple days and uninstalled.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I had quite a few friends in Spain playing it and now we're comparing notes from our various cities and competing. it's still fun for me, but I have been into Pokémon constantly since even before the original game's Western release, so...
Offlineeightman
Ya Moron!
Ya Moron!

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: icon_idea  Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
I've been playing it with friends in Spain over the past couple of weeks. While it's mostly ugly as fuck and devoid of any of the character and charm of the Pokémon games series/general franchise (of which I'm a big fan), there's something about it that makes it fun and addictive. Was good bumping into Spanish NPCs who'd ask us if we were catching Pokémon

hahaha. that reminds me of IRL Quest and NPCs reusing the same script accusing us of madness.

nostalgia of folly.

... back to work!
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That reminded me of the geocaching quest Damien and I did in 2006. We were playing Pokemon Go before everyone else!

@Damien speaking of Spain, apparently a few days ago there was some epic Pokemon hunting going on in Madrid?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah we were gonnaa do a Team Xepher type thing for Talking Real when Pokémon GO Plus came out. I expected the game to be A LOT more niche/obscure than it is though. The idea of filming a Pokémon GO filed trip is not really that far out there considering a London tourism company is currently offering Pokémon catching cruises of the Thames
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

When Chelsea and I were visiting BC it was weirding us out how we'd go to nice waterfront locations at sunset or whatever and dozens of people would be huddled around playing Pokémon. I am hoping my enjoyment of Pokémon as a brand can survive Pokémon Go. (So far I'm doing ok.)
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I was in Central Park on Friday and it was pretty mad there
The park is always full of tourists, but right now it's worse than ever with the extra pokemon hunters.

I assume the same thing must be happening in Hyde Park etc.

Speaking of pokemon games (too lazy to creat a new thread), @Chris, are you playing that Pokemon online game?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say, I haven't played this game, but from the little I know about it, it sounds stupid as shit to me. Like is there anything to this game other than walking around the real world map to try and catch Pokemon?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You can evolve/level up Pokémon and try to capture "gyms" by fighting the Pokémon of others.

What Pokémon online game btw?
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pokémon revolution online or something along those lines.

And yeah, pokemon go seems a bit stupid. It gets people to get out of their house and walk though, can't be a bad thing.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no. I ignore all the knock-off stuff. 100% official products fam!

One thing I appreciate Pokémon GO for it the fact that I now hav a whole bunch of friends who talk to me about Pokémon. People I've known for ages who have never mentioned Pokémon before. There's also the competitive edge, with us all reaching for a full Pokédex.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, nice Check!
Offlineeightman
Ya Moron!
Ya Moron!

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Oh no. I ignore all the knock-off stuff. 100% official products fam!

One thing I appreciate Pokémon GO for it the fact that I now hav a whole bunch of friends who talk to me about Pokémon. People I've known for ages who have never mentioned Pokémon before. There's also the competitive edge, with us all reaching for a full Pokédex.

a play until you win machine at Zellers in maple ridge circa 2001 may disagree with your loyalty to official merchandise.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That was back in the day of Moon Cat and Pocker Nonsters
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway, how's your pokedex doing? Looking forward to catching exclusive north American pokemans?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I have 87 different Pokémans. Looking forward to going nowhere near data roaming in NY
OfflineCid
Total posts: 689
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
I have to say, I haven't played this game, but from the little I know about it, it sounds stupid as shit to me. Like is there anything to this game other than walking around the real world map to try and catch Pokemon?

Not really.

I mean, to each their own, I don't want to rag on anyone who is enjoying it, but personally it took about two days for me to be done with it. All you do is walk around until a pokemon pops up on your little map, you tap it, then you throw your balls at it until you capture it. That's the whole game. You can evolve pokemon but that just boils down to capturing a ton of the same type which you turn into candy until you have X amount of candy to evolve that specific one. The only "battling" in the game is going to a gym with an overpowered pokemon and furiously tapping the screen until you win.

I'm baffled how people are still playing it all the time, my roommate included.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I think the main draw is the general excitement of a fad/craze. People that haven't dabbled in Pokémon for nearly two decades feeling a sense of nostalgia. For me, it's good chatting with usually not Pokémon-interested friends and sharing achievements. I'm just switching it on as I do my usual morning and lunchtime walks. It's getting closer to completing the Pokédex which is the main draw for me, not the rubbish battling.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Unauthorised Emoji
Unauthorised Emoji

Total posts: 11393
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The RDM's office is very into it. He's been catching Pokemans as a social exercise. Also his children love it, they just evolved the crap out of some Evees.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
I have 87 different Pokémans. Looking forward to going nowhere near data roaming in NY

I meant the ones you could catch from our living room or something. Plus, there's free wifi everywhere in NYC.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

And like the RDM, I was gonna say, I think it's still mostly big for people with young kids. Here at the local library they've put up a huge chart where kids can add stickers to show which Pokémon they've caught so far.

Apart from this, most of the people I see still playing it are teenagers trying to stay busy during summer time.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Unauthorised Emoji
Unauthorised Emoji

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There are definitely lots of 30-to-50 year old people still playing, with or without kids. The RDM sees them every day.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I was recently accused of playing Pokemon Go (actually first they thought I was taking a video and then mentioned Pokemon Go) when I was just texting a friend.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
There are definitely lots of 30-to-50 year old people still playing, with or without kids. The RDM sees them every day.

I'd say the average player I see is maybe 3 or 4 years younger than myself and usually on their own or with similarly aged friends.
TacocaTacocaT
Unauthorised Emoji
Unauthorised Emoji

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is that a mean or median age? Aaah!

The RDM has like 62 different pokemans. He feels like a failure for having not caught them all.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry. It's not possible to even catch all of the Gen I batch yet.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
Is that a mean or median age? Aaah!

It's probably a mode.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's the mode... from the look of the people I see playing. I did no calculations
OfflineCybernetic Empire
Booze Hound
Card Master
Card Master

Total posts: 959
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien. I need you to catch me a Mr. Mime.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've hatched one from an egg. It's shit that you can't trade boo
OfflineCybernetic Empire
Booze Hound
Card Master
Card Master

Total posts: 959
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:

I'm going to look into the TOS, but I could just give you my account info to login to the app.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:

If you could do that, people would start actually selling their pokemons
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Cybernetic Empire wrote:
Damien wrote:

I'm going to look into the TOS, but I could just give you my account info to login to the app.

Ah yeah. Well they've changed it recently so the bastards pop up quite often. Seen three so far today!
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I have 100 different species of Pokémon now btw!
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Check! 99 here. (Not me, I don't play it)
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently at 121. I'm close to getting everything I can possibly get. The buddy system has helped a lot with evolutions of rarer mons.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pics plz
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pics of what?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

"New" Pokémon released. Servers fucked like in the good old days upsd
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe some adult people are still playing that.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Unauthorised Emoji
Unauthorised Emoji

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: