Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Kingdom Hearts II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineDoom
Total posts: 3543
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've pretty much ceased taking IGN reviews seriously. They're good if you want to know about gameplay details, but their OPINIONS on said details you can dispose of readily.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Accidental Elephant
Accidental Elephant

Total posts: 24591
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I always look back, but it seems most people are still such nubs about that.

I pretty much feel that way about all reviews. I only like to see factual details because I find that I greatly disagree on too many things where qualitative judgments are brought in.
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Total posts: 608
Female Female
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I told you, Garbo. Mr. Green DiZ is freaking awesome.

And all the Org. XIII members that I've heard so far are great.

Spoilers just in case, but, who's with me when I say Axel is insanely awesome, and the second battle with him is amazing?
OfflineSpruchy
WoW MaGe
Popper
Popper

Total posts: 96
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

proud mode is pretty balanced, not too hard not too easy.

but god damn the tron cycle's kicked my ass.
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having trouble in the stupid part probably just before you, Spruchy.

I don't know if it's because I don't understand it, or I just am blind, but that stupid red cube mini-game shit is driving me up the wall. Frust RAWR TRON. Frust

EDIT: Finally got it. Frust Stupid me and my blindness. Frust
OfflineHKK
i liek trains
Legend of Art
Legend of Art

Total posts: 4229
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

masturbating too much sephie?

OfflinePendragon
Curious by Nature
Hot Man
Hot Man

Total posts: 675
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad, it'd be awesome seeing Christopher Robin come back as Lifestream and save The Hundred Acre Wood... Mr. Green
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Hell nawh, HKK.

And, ha ha at that comic. I saw that earlier today.
OfflineHKK
i liek trains
Legend of Art
Legend of Art

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

i want this
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Then get it. >___>

Anyway...I must say things about the last....few hours I've played. Spoilers ahoy. :O

EVERYTHING after Tron, the entire thing with Hollow Bastion, was just amazing. Duping Mickey to go help the FF characters, Sephiroth (*long forgotten fangirl mode*), fighting alongside the FF characters, Demyx fight, coupled with Goofy getting "killed" and Mickey going Jedi. I admit, even though I knew Goofy wouldn't die, I shed a tear. >_>

Then, the 1000 heartless battle. Just that image of the Trinity, and the camera zooming out to see that they're ENTIRELY surrounded, and then the one with Sora running towards the swarm, sent shivers down my spine. Awesome. I was going to try one of the "1000 heartless battle without reaction commands", but I chickened out when actually seeing 1000 on my screen. Mr. Green

Xemnas (Mansex) after that was very sad, with Sora bowing to him just to get the whereabouts of his friends...only to be told no. Stupid Xemnas. ._.

And Maleficent savings. Mr. Green

After that, Mulan was a fairly eh time. Except for the battle about "Mysterious Man" and his swarm of heartless. And, joy of joys, against the flying boss, I FINALLY got anti-mode.

Beast's castle.... Xaldin. WHAT. THE. FUCK. THE WHORE. I was SO satisfied to watch him die. His battle just caught me so off guard, he shoved me into a corner and spammed me to death TWICE (never ending my game, though, as Mickey came to help me both times >_>).

But, seriously, that guy was a complete bastard. I spent probably 20 minutes battling him, in which he killed me twice, and had me near death countless times. Ran out of potions and healing items, and was relying on my Cure magic, which is a scary thing to do, when Xaldin can spam you to death in the course of ten seconds.

Anyway. Yes. This game is my god. 20 hours in two days! Yeah! *eyes bleed*
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 37128
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Finally played some.
Nice and pretty and interesting-looking so far...
Going to attempt to finish Suikoden V before I get into this though.
Why the hell do all the good RPGs of the year have to come out at the same time!? Boom
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

the gummi editor is fucking annoying
the cursor, specifically
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished the game. What an awesome final battle.

Now to go back and level and do the extra shit.
OfflineBlageriN
duncemode
Sloppy Poon
Sloppy Poon

Total posts: 21
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Doom wrote:
I think IGN's still trying to make up for the 9.9 they gave Jade Empire.

WHAT? haha I never knew they gave Jade Empire a 9.9.. holy smokes thats retarded..

This game is great, I had no clue what the hell was going on at the start.. I had long forgotten what happened in KH1, and never played through CoM haha

CoM ending spoiler?

at the end of CoM did they forget about everything that happened or something?
OfflineHKK
i liek trains
Legend of Art
Legend of Art

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

In CoM Namine', who controlled Sora's memories, asked Sora if he chooses to regain his memories, but he'll forget about Namine'. He told Namine' he wanted to regain his memories and remember her. Atleast from what I remember.
OfflinePendragon
Curious by Nature
Hot Man
Hot Man

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sephira wrote:
Just finished the game. What an awesome final battle.

Now to go back and level and do the extra shit.

That didn't seem to take long to beat, especially considering how long it's been talked about here.

How many hours did it take Sephy?
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Running through the game fairly quickly (for me), I clocked in 30 hours (I played for most of my waking hours for about four days).

But, I've got LOTS of stuff to do, to get the secret ending now. :O

Unless I just go do Proud mode... Nah. I do Proud mode later.

And, BlageriN, there is a movie of CoM compiled on KH Vids.

Though, HKK was right about the ending. Namine replaced Kairi in Sora's memories, and then at the end, told him about it, as she felt bad and stuff. She gives Sora the choice of either keeping the new memories (of Namine), or regaining his old ones (of Kairi and everything else). He obviously regains his old ones, and Namine puts him in a pod...thingy, as he needs to sleep because Namine will need a year to restore his memories.

Since they won't remember her when they wake up, Jiminy writes a note in his journal ("Thank Namine"), so that Sora and Namine can become friends "for real" when they find each other.

...Yep.
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 17755
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Doom wrote:
the cursor, specifically

lol did you seriously gummi would get fun... I mean ever? it was so retarded in the first place. what's surprising is that Nomura is also retarded enough to keep in in for the sequel... or is it?

PS: does this game blow just like KH1?
OfflineGarbo
Wandering Nazi
Pipo Penalty
Pipo Penalty

Total posts: 1602
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

ward is a retard

PS: ward is a fgt

Last edited by Garbo on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:22 am; edited 3 times in total
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: icon_funny  Reply with quote Back to top

Garbo wrote:
ward is a genius

PS: ward is win
OfflineGarbo
Wandering Nazi
Pipo Penalty
Pipo Penalty

Total posts: 1602
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

fgt piece of shit
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

friend <3
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Gummis (the actual gameplay) were awesome in KH2. >_>

Was anyone reminded of that ride at Disneyland when you played the gummi sections? The Star Wars virtual reality one (if you've been there and been on it)?

But, yeah, I loved the gummi ships. Only one I didn't really like was the one to the Pride Lands. It was a little dull. All the others were awesome, though.
OfflineBlageriN
duncemode
Sloppy Poon
Sloppy Poon

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sephira wrote:
Gummis (the actual gameplay) were awesome in KH2. >_>

Was anyone reminded of that ride at Disneyland when you played the gummi sections? The Star Wars virtual reality one (if you've been there and been on it)?

But, yeah, I loved the gummi ships. Only one I didn't really like was the one to the Pride Lands. It was a little dull. All the others were awesome, though.

Nice, thanks HKK, Sephira for the info on CoM

I love the gummi ship action parts in KH2.. it's such a big improvement over KH1..

I haven't bothered to edit my own gummi ship yet as the tutorial had like 10 topics with a few subtopics to read through.. being strapped for time I'd rather just play the actual game haha.. Do you get anything special for obtaining 100% item completion for the gummi ships?
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You're welcome.

Yeah, gummi ships are awesome.

Nope. Dunno about the gummi ship thing. >_>
OfflinePendragon
Curious by Nature
Hot Man
Hot Man

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I barely got my hands on it today, though I haven't so much as taken the plastic off yet.

Sephira wrote:
I clocked in 30 hours (I played for most of my waking hours for about four days).

I sure hope it lasts longer for me then that since I probably won't be getting anymore games until Okami comes out, depending on when it got pushed back to...
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Since Okami probably won't be til September or something, KH2 most likely won't last you until then, unless you love it so much, you play it about ten times.

That being said, 30 hours was me going through it mostly for story.

However, if you take it somewhat slow, level drive forms, collect everything, and fool around in Twilight Town forever, and then replay the game a few times, then it might.
OfflinePendragon
Curious by Nature
Hot Man
Hot Man

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sephira wrote:
Aerith...Aerith is BAD. Mena Suvari has NO emotion in her voice. It's...just really awful. >_>

To everyone that complained about Mandy Moore in the first game will probably want her back after hearing Mena's version...

Sephira wrote:
Last note: Axel is fucking awesome. love

I completely disagree. The voice is fine however the character himself has been totally gimped from CoM.

What happened to the badass that murdered Vixen in cold blood? This new Axel is just a pansy whining for the loss of his friend. I can't fully describe how disappointed I am...
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pendragon wrote:
To everyone that complained about Mandy Moore in the first game will probably want her back after hearing Mena's version...

Yeah...she's pretty horrible. Ahhh!

Quote:
I completely disagree. The voice is fine however the character himself has been totally gimped from CoM.

BLASPHEMY! BLASSSSSSPHEEEEMMMMMMYYYYYY! B-L-A-S-P-H-E-M-Y! Got it memorized? Frust
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Bumbaclart
Bumbaclart

Total posts: 5067
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I knew it! I knew it!
I might just mute the TV and read the subtitles.
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Aerith? Yeah... ...Yeah. It's pretty darn bad. Sad
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

hey KH fans, SE has released a new game controller for you guys. I heard it makes worlds of differences.
Waa Waa
Waa Waa

Total posts: 207
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Ward wrote:
Doom wrote:
the cursor, specifically

lol did you seriously gummi would get fun... I mean ever? it was so retarded in the first place. what's surprising is that Nomura is also retarded enough to keep in in for the sequel... or is it?

X-Box players opinions don't count. That said I didn't like KH1 either.

KH2 so far is cool although I'm still in Twilight Town about to enter that tournament. Just dreading Donald and Goofy joining me again
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Twilight Town promotes cheap child labour. It's worst that a Pakistani sweat shop
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

But Damien, if you..."volunteer", you get munnies. :O Lots of munnies for trip to the BEAAAAAACH.

And Bee, you get your Donald and Goofy back in a couple hours. love
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sephira wrote:

But Damien, if you..."volunteer", you get munnies. :O Lots of munnies for trip to the BEAAAAAACH.

And Bee, you get your Donald and Goofy back in a couple hours. love
Noes! SpoilAr!

I thought Bee wouldn't play the game tbh so at least it's not money and effort wasted... yet.
OfflinePendragon
Curious by Nature
Hot Man
Hot Man

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe you breezed through the game in three days Sephy. I'm on my 3rd day and I've barely finished story section of Olympus. It must be a little disappointing to have been looking forward to this one for as long as you have only for it to end in the blink of an eye.

Have you gone back to complete the parts you missed or did you stop playing as soon as you finished the story?

Damien wrote:
Twilight Town promotes cheap child labour. It's worst that a Pakistani sweat shop

Never seen a kid with a paper route before Damien?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Bee wrote:
Ward wrote:
Doom wrote:
the cursor, specifically

X-Box players opinions don't count.

I know, my expert opinion on games is just that elite~
OfflineDoom
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

well, that's the only complaint i have about the gummi system this time around
everything else owns
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pendragon wrote:
I can't believe you breezed through the game in three days Sephy. I'm on my 3rd day and I've barely finished story section of Olympus. It must be a little disappointing to have been looking forward to this one for as long as you have only for it to end in the blink of an eye.

3 days = 30 hours. Around 10 a day.

And, not disappointing at all. Best 3 days I've spent in a looooooong time. I'm also getting shit in my Normal mode game, like filling out Jimney's journal, and then playing a Proud mode game.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pendragon wrote:

Have you gone back to complete the parts you missed or did you stop playing as soon as you finished the story?

Damien wrote:

Never seen a kid with a paper route before Damien?

Yeah. I've never seen one smacking a trolley with a massive load up the hill for what... 10p?
Curious by Nature
Hot Man
Hot Man

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You must lead a very sheltered life...
OfflineBee
Waa Waa
Waa Waa

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
I thought Bee wouldn't play the game tbh so at least it's not money and effort wasted... yet.

I'm willing to try everything! KH would just be better if it was the looney tunes as opposed to Disney.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Konami will snap that up
Chiepoon % Bugs Bunny together at last
duncemode
Sloppy Poon
Sloppy Poon

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Doom wrote:
well, that's the only complaint i have about the gummi system this time around
everything else owns

Gummi ships are fun!!
From what I've read theres nothing to gain from finding all the items on the gummi ship levels Sad I've spent so much time trying to get 100% rank S+ on all missions because its -that- fun! haha
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Accidental Elephant
Accidental Elephant

Total posts: 24591
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Bee wrote:
Damien wrote:

I'm willing to try everything! KH would just be better if it was the looney tunes as opposed to Disney.

I never cared for the Disney idea, though it seems to have worked out okay, At least, with alll their movies and stuff, there was something to work with there (I'm still waiting for Darkwing Duck plz), but Looney Tunes? Looney Tunes is absolute crap and also has nothing even mildly in the square RPG sort of direction to work with, so that i could not see it working at all. I suppose it could be kind of funny (even though Looney Tunes never really was), but that's the limit,
OfflineBee
Waa Waa
Waa Waa

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Space Jam was a wicked movie. The idea would be more comedy based as opposed to random childish mini adventures we get from the disney characters in kingdom hearts.

Edit: On topic, I'm 6 hours into the game and I'm... enjoying it! The additions of so many new elements to the battle system, the "variety" of monsters (something the first game lacked) and the general slightly less kiddy feel makes it a winner. Sora looks alot better too with his new kit.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

What an amazingly pretentious first few hours this game has
Tenkyu Star
Smokey
Smokey

Total posts: 1692
Female Female
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

i see this has exactly the same plot has KH 1 after you finish the pretentious, boring first few hours of the game Sad
OfflineSephira
Now a Xeno-nerd
Snake Eater
Snake Eater

Female Female
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Nevars, Joei. :O

KH1 = Oh noes, Ansem opens door!
KH2 = spoilars. :O With Organization XIII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: