Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 14388
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: icon_funny Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Yuka. Dissida 2's out!
I like how they're blatantly pulling these titles out of their arses at this point, possibly to see if anybody will say anything about it.
012 Duodecim. Aha.
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 5067
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's out. I'm not going to play it yet though, I can't be arsed again spending ages memorising roughly what bit of kanji relates to what action. I played the demo and that was enough.

I'll play the English release though. I actually quite liked the first game.
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Shock
Isn't tit out here in a coup0le of weeks anyway?
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, but I'm incredibly impatient. If Konami can do simultaneous worldwide releases, so can SE.
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Dissidia was the first PSP game I played for any great length of time when I finally got a PSP, but I just didn't get along with/enjoy it.
Lemme know if this sequel is any more than the same game with some extra fan service thrown in.
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, the consensus amongst people who've played it is that it IS the same thing with a few new extras. It's why it's being released for a much less RRP, since it's more a DLC than a whole new game.
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That sucks.
Third Birthday is out next month anyway, for quite cheap as well. Far more interested about that one.
OfflineCybernetic Empire
Booze Hound
Hot Man
Hot Man

Total posts: 677
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Dissidia is probably one of the worst games I've ever played. I still haven't finished it. So I'll be passing on the sequel.
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I played about an hour and a half of the first one before deciding that Patapon was less of a waste of time.
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

English demo is out on the 15th. You have to buy it off PSN so you can unlock Aerith as an assist in the full game, since SE couldn't work out how to make her an actual playable character due to her lack of attacks. (Well, that and no fucker would buy the demo if there wasn't a MASSIVE INCENTIVE - AKA Fuck you SE)

Well they somehow managed it with most of the NES and SNES characters, so surely it isn't that hard?

I'll pirate for now, but I guess no Aerith for me unless I buy stuff.
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That's silly. Most of the attacks are stupid and made up anyway, and she did fight in FF7. I guess she'll be the first character tweaked for the third game

I'm certainly getting the UK special edition of 3rd Birthday next month by the way, and not because it includes an Aya Brea costume for Dissida's Lightning
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, in the original Final Fantasy all Garland did was a physical attack, yet they invented all sorts of shit for him.

The thinking was, because characters like Cloud and Squall had attacking limit breaks that could be adapted into attacks, that made it easy. They couldn't do this for Aeris because she had nothing offensive.

But, they completely changed a lot of Zidane's Dyne attacks to make them into 3D fighter attacks, so why can't they do the same for Aerith? Take Breath of the Earth, totally fucking useless in FFVII - and turn it into a powerful quake attack. Not hard.

But yeah, smells like fan cash cow service.

As for the 3rd Birthday, I've seen the odd preview and it looks like a clunky third person shooter. I'll try it I guess, but I haven't been impressed with what I've seen.
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I probably know less about it than you do, but at just £18 quid in a nice little set, it's gotta be worth a punt. Can't imagine enjoying it less than Dissidia, anyway
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the English demo is out. Assist = slowdown!

Seems the PSP just can't handle 4 characters on the screen. Which gives me an idea for the full game - Have Yuna do a W-Summon whilst her and the opponent are using Assist. 6 character models and my PSP might explode

In other news, Lighting's voice actress says "Thundaga" in an awful way.
OfflineQuestionmarktarius
Total posts: 577
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yuka wrote:
Well, the English demo is out. Assist = slowdown!
Have you turned up the CPU speed?
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I know of.

Also, the full european version leaked today. Fuck yeah. Laguna is awesome. "THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER!"
OfflineCybernetic Empire
Booze Hound
Hot Man
Hot Man

Total posts: 677
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Stop talking about this game like it's any sort of good. If I end up buying it and it's shitty just like first game then I'm buying a plane ticket...FOR NEFARIOUS REASONS!
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Haha. If you hated the first game, you're going to hate this.

I might as well just talk to myself in here since I think I'm the only person who likes it

On a completely unrelated note, when did PSP hacking get so friggin' complicated? Once upon a time you installed your CFW, you played your ISO. Now there's about six million different varieties with patch tools and hex cheat debuggers and... argh!
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've never bothered hacking or pirating on my PSP.
Saying that, I only got said PSP about 6 months ago, when I ended up with a bunch of money, and bought pretty much every PSP title I'd ever been interested in playing/played and liked, over the course of about 2 weeks. Massive backlog of PSP games, and the thing hasn't left the house with me since I finished Kingdom Hearts in November
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm now running official Sony firmware. It's gone full circle. Now you need proper signed code to get everything working.

As for the game... well, I've finished the story. And now I've unlocked... the previous Dissidia! The full game for me to do again!

:/
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

wtf!
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I know! It's like SE are trying to sell the same thing back to you. "But we made the gameplay slightly better! We included fan favourites like Vaan... er, I mean Boobs McFadden AKA Tifa"

All the new stuff took me a few hours. That's about it. Good thinking SE.

I mean I liked the first game, and I liked the improvements and new characters, but there's no way this is a full new game. It's DLC sold alongside the original game.
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Thy must know they're selling it to mugs.
OfflineUndine
Total posts: 910
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Stupid question time: if you had a PSP with custom firmware, and then put official firmware on it, are you "allowed" to go on PSN on it?
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I would think so. If you're currently running official firmware you shouldn't have a problem.

Custom firmware now writes to RAM since Sony upped security, so every time you switch your PSP on you're on official firmware until you run the custom firmware ISO.

... but I haven't tried it yet, as there's nothing I want to buy off PSN right now.
OfflineUndine
Total posts: 910
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have an older PSP that has some custom firmware based off 3.40, I think, and I just wanted to know if it effectively was doorstop regarding PSN, even if I updated the firmware on it. I don't think I care enough about what's on PSN for PSP to bother getting a new PSP.

Last edited by Undine on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
OfflineQuestionmarktarius
Total posts: 577
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

CFW PSPs can go 'legit' with minimal difficulty, unless it thinks it's on 9.90. Then it's a bit more complicated.
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, mine thought it was on 9.90, so I had to downgrade it.

My PSP model is ancient too, it's a 1001 series that came from Japan when it was first launched. They're pretty much the magic number, since they're the easiest to work with.
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've bought most of the Square Enix PSP games recently (even picked up the millionth version of FF4 today), but am still not tempted to touch this :/
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't touched it since I finished everything possible. Probably because I overdosed on the first one and this is just technically some DLC.

I've stopped playing The After Years too. I mean, I'll finish it one day, I'm just sick of going through little side stories with the worst of the FFIV characters in order to get somewhere decent.

Also, it's a good thing this thread appeared because it suddenly reminded of me of something I've been trying to remember for days now! (Mainly where else I'd heard Ultimecia's voice actress - turns out it was Arkham Asylum)
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Square-Enix's two greatest games Mr. Green
OfflineYuka
Official Party Cat
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Bah. They published it in Japan, that's it.

I know it's pedantic, but I hate it when SE plaster their logos over everything and people think they made it. Like the Star Ocean games.

... so, since I logged in and saw this and a FFXIII-2 topic, that's what you want on the main page as opposed to my ramblings?

Was it ever discovered why I have magic portal privileges?
OfflineDamien
Lazyman Driver
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I never did even start playing 3rd Birthday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: