Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 19941
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:26 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not asking for help. I'm saying the plateau is bad and the other parts of the game are (mostly) good.
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 8918
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:29 pm† †Post subject: icon_fight  Reply with quote Back to top

I guess what Iím saying is that itís a better introduction area than the persona 5 one.
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:51 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That's crazy talk.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:25 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It really isnít. Considering that the plateau is one of the best examples of what a starting area ought to be.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:39 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's really not. It's boring and Persona 5's "starting area" is a full fledged dungeon, something BoTW could stand to have more of.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 26818
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:55 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

IMO the dungeons were the worst part of BoTW. I'd have liked it more if it had zero of them.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:57 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Bad dungeon design doesn't mean they shouldn't have dungeons. I also disagree, but kind of understand it and wish there was more to the dungeons than rearranging the same areas to get to different switches.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:59 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
It's really not. It's boring and Persona 5's "starting area" is a full fledged dungeon, something BoTW could stand to have more of.

None sense.

It has a single purpose; to teach the players how the game works.
It does exactly that, and it does it very well. A dungeon wouldnít have done that at all.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:01 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It forces you to go to specific places which is almost the opposite of how the game works.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:03 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
It forces you to go to specific places which is almost the opposite of how the game works.

Itís as though they want you to go to specific places to teach you stuff. Before you go out to the full game, while helping you experiment at the same time.

Like I said. I cannot help you.

Last edited by WaWard on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:07 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They taught me that the plateau was an awful place that I was happy to put behind me. Good lesson. Check!
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:11 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:35 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That's not descushion. That's dismishion.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:38 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I wasnít aware we were discussing.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:02 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember the start of Persona, game-play wise. I pretty much only remember the story (of what I played), the school bits and how annoying and repetitive the palaces are.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:08 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know why Ward has to keep bringing up Persona anyway. This is a Zelda thread.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Nando's Cock
Nando's Cock

Total posts: 11664
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:09 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Just textbook trollbez-ing
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:53 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:22 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Further indication that BOTW is a much better game than persona 5

https://apple.news/AErY0F7_1NmGoVXbCMWlIjQ
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:44 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Chrono Trigger is also overrated, but it's better than Zelda, so I'm not sure it's as overrated. Also, the site you linked to has their own list, which places Persona 5 significantly above Breath of the Wild. Of course, they make a number of shitty decisions with their ranking on that list (including putting Xenosaga Episode 1 above Xenogears - Xenosaga shouldn't even make the list), but that wasn't one of them.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:13 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Itís rather baffling why they include it in a list of RPGs, as itís not a particularly good one because it is not one
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:00 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's certainly closer to one than most Zelda games, which nevertheless inexplicably get labeled as RPGs by many. It's pretty clear to me that the only reason people consider Zelda games RPGs is because fantasy settings and RPGs are inextricably linked in their minds. Most Zelda games are no more RPGs than Mega Man games.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:05 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a full list? I can only see a top three. Seems like a group of people made an effort to get Chrono Trigger up there. Especially when the second and third place are really recent games. You'd expect a Final Fantasy to be up near the top if CT is.

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: