Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Dragon Quest XI
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 26818
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:14 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yakuza 0 is pretty easy. You donít need to grind at all.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 19941
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:39 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I jut feel like it, but fair point. Only times I've really had difficulty with a main story battle were always fixed by switching my combat style and I've leveled up significantly since the last story battle already.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:37 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I need to work out if Iím going to start another RPG now or try to get back into Persona 5.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Did you never finish? Get back into it!
OfflineCid
Total posts: 687
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
I need to work out if Iím going to start another RPG now or try to get back into Persona 5.

I'm hoping a Persona 5 Steam release is on the horizon now that Atlus has started porting games on PC.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:16 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Did you never finish? Get back into it!

Nah. Other shit like getting married got in the way and I couldn't bring myself to get back into it. I find the Palaces super annoying. Have you finished Dragon Quest?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:47 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished Yakuza 0. Give me a bit. Besides, the reason I stopped before was because I was near the end and needed to grind for money to get some newly available equipment so it's gonna take a bit.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Where are you in Dragon Quest?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:57 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

As I best recall, I just forged a sword in the volcano.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:02 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damn you're probably way way over levelled if you've played longer than I have but are behind me!
The 4 bosses in the last dungeon were all super easy for me!
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:23 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe. It's also probably because I spend more time talking to people in towns and such, but I might be over leveled too. I actually forget how much time is on my clock, but I think it was more.

I haven't actually done much grinding in the game though. For the most part I just fight most of the monsters I come across in dungeons. That's why I got easily distracted when I felt like I needed to grind to purchase some gear.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:59 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm playing the post-credits act now. Not exactly loving where the initial path the story has taken, but hoping for a satisfying resolution... whenever the game actually finishes
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:08 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is it really a full post-credits third act with story? I figured it was just lengthy post-credits dungeons and grinding with maybe slight trappings of story motivation. Basically something similar to the Dragovian stuff in DQVIII, but longer is what I expected.

Also if there's that much to it, why even put it after the credits roll?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:30 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Without spoiling it, Act II finishes pretty abruptly and there isnít much to the end scene. No idea why theyíve done it like this (other than maybe to fool the audience), but Act III is an actual continuation of the story that picks up right after the end credits and begins to tie up some loose ends.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

In other words, I'm really nowhere near the end of the game.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:28 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Youíre pretty much at the end of the second act. Once you have the sword, you can go directly for the ďfinal dungeonĒ, which isnít all that long or difficult.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:19 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I just want to farm some gold though because I think there was some new equipment in Gallopolis or the sauna town that I couldn't afford.

Also, I put it down long enough that I may need to reacquaint myself woth my standard battle strategies.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:44 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I fooled up my main 4 with that shit. After the next dungeon, youíll be able to forge metal slime weapons that I believe are better.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:32 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Damn you're probably way way over levelled if you've played longer than I have but are behind me!
The 4 bosses in the last dungeon were all super easy for me!

Okay. I'll partially take that back. I'm now at the point when I can fight (what I assume is) the REAL final boss, and it's so insanely powerful, I think I'm going to have to grind at least 20 levels and do a lot of optional endgame side quests in order to stand a chance

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: