Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Newsworthy tea news (TBB forum exclusive)
View previous topic :: View next topic

Does this thread belong to:
TBB forum
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
General Chat
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Game Deskushions
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poll forum
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Undine
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
All of the above
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Total posts: 9370
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:46 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sure! Back to original topic, are you gonna watch The man who killed Don Quixote once itís out in North America?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Total posts: 11881
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:08 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I certainly have some interest in it. I like some Terry Gilliam movies a lot and I also like the actors in it. Iím probably more interested in the documentary, though, which Iíve long been aware of but never seen.
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:19 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Oic, for some reason I thought you had already seen it, since I remember it was discussed before somewhere on SG. Do watch it before the actual film.

RIP Jean Rochefort Sad Tea
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 27045
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:41 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

New Zealand have had a shooting now
Total posts: 9049
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
New Zealand have had a shooting now

OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't read into it (just watched the coverage on the BBC breakfast news, which didn't cover this aspect), but apparently one of the shooters mentioned Pewdiepie :/
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:15 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I feel sick to my stomach reading this.

I visited Christchurch in 2G8 and itís such a peaceful town. One that anyone would love to settle into, and deserve to if they have a chance. The victims were seeking a new peaceful life there. They didnít deserve to die.

Disgusting. But this isnít New Zealand. Itís white supremacy. Again. Sad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:26 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1106408644181139456?s=20

This thread is double post worthy and yíall should read it.
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The white supremacists would probably tell you that Christchurch is indeed a peaceful town and theyíre just trying to keep it that way.

Fuck this shit.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:13 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. It is indeed peaceful. But youíre right. Something about white genocide Iím sure

Fuck that.

I hope the media is learning, but I doubt they are. I donít want to know anything about the killer. Tell me about the victims.
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:28 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

This reminds me of what happened in Norway. Why on earth do things like that happen in places like Norway and New Zealand, which have an excellent quality of life? Itís really sad.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1106408644181139456?s=20

This thread is double post worthy and yíall should read it.

I agree yíall should read it.

So, what can and should be done to de-radicalize these dangerous fanatics?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well for one we should stop pretending that radicalization is a Muslim problem.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:59 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, then what?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:23 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I do not know. Sad
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:30 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There is an interesting organization in Montrťal: The Centre for the Prevention of Radicalization Leading to Violence. I believe you can anonymously report any form of radicalization and they will try to take action to help the person/people before itís too late.

EDIT:

From their ďApproachĒ page:
Quote:
The Centre for the Prevention of Radicalization Leading to Violence (CPRLV) is unique in its approach, which favours prevention over repression, psychosocial counselling over prosecution and social ostracization. This multi-sectoral preventive approach reflects a desire to offer the possibility of responding to violent radicalization in ways other than via the police or criminal justice system.

Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sad Tea

Anyway, the reason why Iím asking is because Iím a firm believer that ďattentismeĒ is a major issue when it comes to toxic masculinity and radicalization. Imho the silent majority really needs to open its mouth and call BS. All this double standards fun is enough, letís call a spade a spade and demand stronger measures against radicalized white supremacists and their online propaganda campaigns.

Iím not sure whatís the best way to do it though. Sad Tea

Edit: @Fei, now thatís interesting. I hope that Montrťalaises innovations are imitated worldwide (as they often tend to be).
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:43 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

In other newsworthy news, the House voted unanimously to make Muellerís report public. Surely the House or Senate voting unanimously is fairly rare.
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:19 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I saw that earlier. I donít know how often this happens.

In even more interesting news, the Senate voted against Trumpís emergency budget for his wall.

Something tells me bigger entertainment than the Brexit shitshow is coming, better stock up on popcorn before thereís a massive shortage of it.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:49 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Calbrena wrote:
Sad Tea

Anyway, the reason why Iím asking is because Iím a firm believer that ďattentismeĒ is a major issue when it comes to toxic masculinity and radicalization. Imho the silent majority really needs to open its mouth and call BS. All this double standards fun is enough, letís call a spade a spade and demand stronger measures against radicalized white supremacists and their online propaganda campaigns.

Edit: @Fei, now thatís interesting. I hope that Montrťalaises innovations are imitated worldwide (as they often tend to be).

I think it definitely needs to happen more. But how do you catch radicalization before itís too late? It largely happens in an echo chamber, and by the time itís public itís too late. Sad Tea
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 20081
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:41 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
In other newsworthy news, the House voted unanimously to make Muellerís report public. Surely the House or Senate voting unanimously is fairly rare.

It's pretty rare, especially for the House. It's crazy that the Senate can just refuse to vote on it.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:12 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
Calbrena wrote:
Sad Tea

I think it definitely needs to happen more. But how do you catch radicalization before itís too late? It largely happens in an echo chamber, and by the time itís public itís too late. Sad Tea

I think the theory is that people close enough to them to notice something report them, which theyíd be unlikely to do when it involves police and punishment, but hopefully more likely when itís set up as I guess a kind of intervention. I think there have been some positive stories about this program over the past few years.
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:13 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
smeared ink wrote:

It's pretty rare, especially for the House. It's crazy that the Senate can just refuse to vote on it.

That is indeed crazy, and perhaps one of the most obvious (and obviously fixable) things that needs to be fixed in the US political system.
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:33 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, wasn't this thread in TBB? It made me incredibly confused when I clicked on General and saw this thread on top. I was like, "I definitely clicked on General, right?"

I'm guessing Damien just moved it recently, but it's weird to me he didn't say anything in this thread (that I saw) and no one commented on it.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:07 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

How about that veto oítrump boo
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:29 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely posted it in TBB and Damien is just abusing his power. This place isnít really democratic, is it? boo
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:42 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Calbrena wrote:
I definitely posted it in TBB and Damien is just abusing his power. This place isnít really democratic, is it? boo

You and I have the same issues. It isnít. We both got unmodded boo
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:40 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Iím fine with not being a mod. Iím not fine with my threads being moved away from TBB without seeking my consent first. boo
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:50 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Calbrena asked to be unmodded. Also, I think she still has some super secret mod status anyway, but whatever.

Edit: sekret mode power confimed in this thread, not on all forums though afaik.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:45 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Calbrena, rename the thread newswortea news and I think itíll definitely need to go in TBB!
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:20 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Canít let newsworthy news become the face of General Discussion
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:39 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
Calbrena, rename the thread newswortea news and I think itíll definitely need to go in TBB!

I donít like being told what to do. boo
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:52 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It was but a suggestion Sad Tea
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:02 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Very appropriate use of the new sadtea emoticon!
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:41 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

teatime
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:46 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Very appropriate use of the new sadtea emoticon!

What about the use of my sekret mod powers? Appropriate or not?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:20 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It was appropriately sekret!
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:46 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There are more people killing innocent people today boo
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That applies to every day in all of history.
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:28 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Itís sad, Utrecht is a pretty nice little place. It seems way too small to have to deal with this kind of crap.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:37 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

mueller report submitted
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:28 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Totally clears the president! Thank you!
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:50 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lovely.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/22/anti-muslim-hate-crimes-soar-in-uk-after-christchurch-shootings
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
Totally clears the president! Thank you!

This joke has not aged well and itís only 2 days old
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:32 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

What about Jaredís WhatsApp habits? When will he be band?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:28 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Hereís the fucking state of this country...
https://inews.co.uk/news/dwp-universal-credit-man-20-mental-age-baby-assessment/And
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:47 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I clicked on Damienís link and it took me directly to this page: https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/andaman-islands-travel-review/

Fake news link?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:49 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Strange. Does it to me too. I guess google the story described in the URL if you wanna see it
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

So, have you guys heard about the latest Michael Cohen plot twist, or are you all too busy munching popcorn while watching the Brexit shitshow?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:00 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Who renamed this thread and made it a poll?

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: