Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 26396
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I think I still prefer Zelda on the SNES.
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 8676
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I think ultimately we are comparing Apple and oranges.

They might be the same series but they’re also fundamentaly different. If it were any other company they would be two different series probably.

I like them both a lot. They were both revolutionary in their own time. But newer is better so
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 19673
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You could probably say that for any transition from 2D to 3D for a series. It certainly holds well for Mario games, where the 3D games tend to focus more on collectibles, while those were barely a thing in the 2D games and it was more just about getting through the levels. One exception is probably like Mario 3D land, where it's a 3D game that largely plays like a 2D Mario game.

What else? Metroid. 2D series is used to coin the term "Metroidvania." 3D series are basically FPS. That's a way more stark difference than the difference between 2D and 3D Zelda.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the format of a 3D Zelda game lies a lot closer to that of a 2D one than with Mario.
My point anyway is that BotW isn't my favourite Zelda game so can't be my favourite game of all time.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I just can’t decide if LTTP/LA are my favourite Zelda or BOTW is. They’re both great for different reasons. I guess what I’m trying to say is that Zelda is a better series than Persona.
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Zelda isn't even close to as good a series as Persona. I would take any of Persona 3, 4 or 5 over all Zelda games. Heck, I'd take Brave Fencer Musashi over most Zelda games. It's a very overrated above average, but not exceptional series.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Bottomline: Zelda is a B+ series that reviewers all put on A+ goggles for when they play.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Zelda isn't even close to as good a series as Persona. I would take any of Persona 3, 4 or 5 over all Zelda games. Heck, I'd take Brave Fencer Musashi over most Zelda games. It's a very overrated above average, but not exceptional series.

A series of bold statements. When was the last time you even played Brave Fencer?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe like 8 - 10 years ago.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's probably borderline unbearable/unplayable right now. I preferred Threads of Fate. Neither got released here. We got the PS2 one though
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Fist-It Felix
Fist-It Felix

Total posts: 11446
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Can we just accept already that Sonic Spinball is the greatest game of all time.
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Dude. Brave Fencer Musashi holds up way better than Ocarina. Also Threads of Fate is far more unplayable. I started playing that and stopped early on when I got to some barrier that I didn't have enough max mp to get through. It was like I was supposed to level grind my mp just to proceed with the game. Truly shitty design.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I guess, like Breath of the Wild, it would have benefited from a few dozen cut scenes of school children eating burgers.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Fist-It Felix
Fist-It Felix

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

rofl
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WTF does that have to do with my legitimate complaint that they put a remplenishing barrier that you can dissolve proportional to your mp early in the game? I think they basically made the game unbeatable with one character without an inane level of grinding.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't Persona also involve a lot of grinding? Both in battle and outside, raising traits and social links etc?
I remember next to nothing about Threads of Fate. i think i finished it pretty quickly
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Notbat the level I'm talking about and not so early in the game. It's conplete Apples and Oranges. What I'm talking about was more like you're stuck between a few rooms because you don't have enough mp and you just have to grind on the same enemy over and over. I don't even know if it would work really because I just tried it for a bit. It was taking forever and I lost all interest in the game.

I'm guessing you didn't choose the magic user. My suspicion isnthe game was optimized for one of the characters and they didn't bother to properly test it for both characters.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Can we just accept to turn this thread into a BMX XXX thread?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

BMX Bandit.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Fist-It Felix
Fist-It Felix

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

BMX: Breath of the Wild
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I rented BMX XXX to laugh at it. That and Turok Evolution.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

5 posts before this thread becomes a Bubsy 3D thread!
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You want Bubsy 3D?
https://youtu.be/phyqC58v8ng
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but not for another three posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: