Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Canít let Kratos become the face of WaWar
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 9061
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:20 pm† †Post subject: icon_fight Canít let Kratos become the face of WaWar Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone playing this?

Last edited by WaWard on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Total posts: 20087
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:24 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played any games in this series. Maybe I'll play one eventually.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

This one seems a bit more paced than the more mindless predecessors.

We shall see. I got burned out of the other ones after they became pretty much the same game, with more epic, so glad to see it break up the formula.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 27063
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:41 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Iíve never played a God of War. I barely manage to play games in series I follow, so Iím apprehensive to get into anything new. Perhaps when itís eventually on PS Plus
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Total posts: 11904
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:47 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I played original and loved it, and 2 and thought it was a good sequel, but stopped after that because they did indeed all seem the same.
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Total posts: 189
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I was planning to, in a few years or so. I decided not to get a PS4 before clearing my PS3 backlog. That in turn gets hindered by my PC backlog

Anyway, I played GoW I - III but like many sort of lost interest when part 3 didn't really bring much new to the table. Also I thought they tried too hard one-upping themselves with the violence level.

However, after reading so many good things about the new one, I might return to the series (eventually)...
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:03 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Thereís experience points to be collected.

Maybe Golbez will like this one!
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:13 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It probably helps. Experience points are a bit pointless when there's no real chance to grind though, as happens in some games these days. I definitely appreciate experience in the new Tomb Raider games, so I might like it here too.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:02 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

This game is good
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:51 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested in checking it out, but there's no way I'm paying 60 dollars for it. I only pay $60 for games that: 1) I absolutely know I want them. 2) I know that they are lengthy adventures (both 1 and 2 mean that it's almost always only RPGs and fairly limited among their ranks too). Last game I paid $60 for was Persona 5 or maybe it was Zelda (can't remember how much I paid for that). Wait I think I only paid $50 for Persona 5 too, but same principle applies for $50. It has to go down to $40 before I start getting a little less picky. $20-$30 is the sweet spot for games I'm interested in but not quite sure how much I'll like.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:02 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I paid $45 for it
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:26 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! Check!
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Naughty Horse
Naughty Horse

Total posts: 11904
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:58 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

$45 Canadian?? Shock
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 27063
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:59 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

So should I get/play this, Uncharted our Horizon?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:39 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
$45 Canadian?? Shock

Yes. I always over preorder when amazon has their e3 sales. And cancel later if the game becomes less appealing.

Iíve saved loads.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien: I donít know yet. Theyíre all ďcinematicĒ. It all depends on how open world you want it to be. I gave up on horizons when I started playing botw because itís open world instantly felt boring.

Less open: UC4 - goww - Horizons : more open

That said if you want pure originality may I remind you that horizon has robot dinosaurs!?
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:13 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend Horizon. BotW has a better open world, but Horizon has better battle system, story, and character. Hmm thought I posted this already. Now I wonder if I posted it in the wrong thread.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 pm† †Post subject: icon_fight  Reply with quote Back to top

It took me 7 months but I finally finished it.

Well. I got the main ending anyway. There appears to be stuff to do post credit, which I would bother with if I didnít have other things to ply. Sad
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
The Holy Sponge
The Holy Sponge

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:12 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I didn't bother with postgame stuff. It was worth a playthrough but not really worth doing extra stuff.

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: