Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion -> SG Montréal 2018
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 7461
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They still wanna go despite one of them being sick this night and all of us being sleep deprived.

D:
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Total posts: 9652
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

silly kids
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We aren’t there.
But I’m grumpy and tired.

Bottom tier waward.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Being cut off from Ford is draining your life force
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

here you go

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah fuck this shit it’s too ducking hot

I’ll be back here by the fall when it’s no longer hell
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The title of this thread will still be relevant then!!

Jesus I hope it’s not this hot in fall
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Last year it was but we had winter for summer so...
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Total posts: 18280
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Did you go to the amusement park?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Did you go to the amusement park?

No but he substitute was only marginally better! I’m done for.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Montreal is beautiful and cool and breezy today Ward why didn’t you come here now instead of a few days ago I don’t get it.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
Montreal is beautiful and cool and breezy today Ward why didn’t you come here now instead of a few days ago I don’t get it.

I know rite?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We’re hanging out in glorious Vieux Longueuil this afternoon.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
We’re hanging out in glorious Vieux Longueuil this afternoon.

A superior option to hanging out in vieux Laval.

You should hangout in vieux Lachine one day. I spent a lot of time there as a wee lad because that’s where my grandpa and gramma lived.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

A room with a vieux.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We went to Vieux Lachine once. It was indeed quite charmant.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
We went to Vieux Lachine once. It was indeed quite charmant.

I went there pre gentrification lots.
To get the best taste of it nowadays you gotta go on notre dame street in lachine
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There’s a stretch of Notre-Dame in Street View where it’s sunset (or sunrise? I didn’t put much thought into the direction of the light) which is a pretty thing I don’t see often in Google Maps.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
There’s a stretch of Notre-Dame in Street View where it’s sunset (or sunrise? I didn’t put much thought into the direction of the light) which is a pretty thing I don’t see often in Google Maps.

Glad to see it’s still a shithole Check!
Also. My dad worked at that dépanneur which used to be a grocery store when he was a teen.

God random pick.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

rofl literally the one with the blue sign right where that google link puts you?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Im in Montreal next Tuesday!

But it’s for work and I won’t see fei. Sad
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 24713
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Guess that's not SG Montreal then!
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Guess that's not SG Montreal then!

It’s more like WaSG Montreal 2.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Total posts: 8439
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I won't be in Montréal next Tuesday. However I might be at some point next year, if I can secure a green card in the meantime.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It’ll probably happen before one of us loses LP2DW.
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Most probably. I've been wanting to visit Montréal for years, so it will happen eventually. Then I'm off to Québec, which sounds even more delightful.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Québec is more immediately charming, at least. It’s a pretty place.
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

People here keep telling me Montréal is too much like NYC. I don't know if I should believe them or not.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It has some things in common with NYC, but I don’t think they’re bad things. Lots of it is somewhat Brooklyn-like, except in my (admittedly limited) experience of Brooklyn, Montreal has fewer huge expanses of nothing-very-interesting than Brooklyn does.

EDIT: I guess I’m wondering what people mean by “too much in common”, since that makes it sound like it shares qualities these people dislike about NYC.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Would Montreal be a good place to visit from England?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yes!

Well, define what a good place is to you.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Like is there enough unique shit to do or will it be like going to any other (closer) city.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Depends what you like doing. If you walk around in central downtown, it’s kind of ugly and largely like any other city. Tall buildings, mostly chain stores and restaurants, etc. But away from there, there are tons of good restaurants, cafés, microbreweries, etc. I’m a big fan of a lot of the architecture, especially in the Plateau where I live. The French/English tension adds a unique element to the city that’s hard to describe but impossible to totally ignore. Old Montreal is kind of neat just for seeing shit that people from Europe were building in North America 3+ centuries ago. The street music is routinely really really good. It’s a great city for biking, and it’s covered by an extensive bikeshare system. I’ll repeat that there’s a lot of great food. There are tons of constantly changing large-scale murals and street art. Lots of free outdoor festivals.

It’s sort of hard to describe what I like so much here though. It’s a decent-sized city that feels pretty relaxed for its size (unless you’re driving in it) and it’s got a nice mix of commercial and residential that makes it great to walk around.
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
It has some things in common with NYC, but I don’t think they’re bad things. Lots of it is somewhat Brooklyn-like, except in my (admittedly limited) experience of Brooklyn, Montreal has fewer huge expanses of nothing-very-interesting than Brooklyn does.

EDIT: I guess I’m wondering what people mean by “too much in common”, since that makes it sound like it shares qualities these people dislike about NYC.

I think their main issue is that when New Yorkers get away from NYC, they want to see something completely different.

If it's like Brooklyn but with fewer bedbugs, it sounds all good to me.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
Depends what you like doing. If you walk around in central downtown, it’s kind of ugly and largely like any other city. Tall buildings, mostly chain stores and restaurants, etc. But away from there, there are tons of good restaurants, cafés, microbreweries, etc. I’m a big fan of a lot of the architecture, especially in the Plateau where I live. The French/English tension adds a unique element to the city that’s hard to describe but impossible to totally ignore. Old Montreal is kind of neat just for seeing shit that people from Europe were building in North America 3+ centuries ago. The street music is routinely really really good. It’s a great city for biking, and it’s covered by an extensive bikeshare system. I’ll repeat that there’s a lot of great food. There are tons of constantly changing large-scale murals and street art. Lots of free outdoor festivals.

It’s sort of hard to describe what I like so much here though. It’s a decent-sized city that feels pretty relaxed for its size (unless you’re driving in it) and it’s got a nice mix of commercial and residential that makes it great to walk around.

It sounds exactly like a typical medium-size French city, except in America.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

People do lazily call it the “most European city in North America” for a reason. That may be true. But there’s lots about it that is distinctly North American too, for better or worse. On the “better” side, at least the Euro/American mashup makes it somewhat distinct.
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, for sure, my next trip abroad will be to visit Québec. Hopefully in 2019, if all goes well.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:

How expensive to visit (compared to like NYC/Vancouver?).
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Rent is pretty cheap, VERY cheap compared to Vancouver or NYC, so things like Airbnb can be fairly cheap too. Food runs the gamut. There’s lots of inexpensive takeout/buy-at-the-counter kind of stuff that’s really good. You could just eat this kind of stuff and have tons to try. There are also many rather expensive restaurants, sometimes of the casual variety (but amazing food) and sometimes fancy. The stuff in between these categories can feel mildly expensive until you realize how many of them are bring-your-own-beer/wine with no corking fee. So as long as you want booze, it’s a pretty solid deal.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Let’s go to joe beef if Sg world Montreal happens Check!
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. We’ll have to plan that quite far in advance, though. Have you gone to Joe Beef?
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is SG world Montréal still planned for 2018, or can we postpone it to 2019?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There are no plans.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The plan is if when fei is in Ottawa or I’m in Montreal to attempt meeting.
This is a poor plan.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It can't be SG world Montréal if it happens in Ottawa.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

True. It would be SG Canada, what with that being the nation’s capital and all.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: icon_fight  Reply with quote Back to top

SG FORD NATION
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

More like SG Nontreal.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: icon_fight  Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
SG FORD NATION

The Damien Porn photo of him next to Shaun’s Ford Mustang would be a good poster for that.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

IM IN MONTREAL FOR THE NEXT 40 MINUTES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: