Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> E3 2G18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 24356
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: icon_sad E3 2G18 Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody paying attention to E3 this year? Let's discuss announcements etc. To be fair, I'd be very happy if they stopped making new games for a year or two
Senior 4 Life
KENN
KENN

Total posts: 392
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I barely play any video games now days, even less if they aren't Zelda, so I'm not even interested in any announcement. Maybe Kingdom Heats 3, if they had brought it out 10 years ago....

Have a nice day
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 7101
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Canadian retailers have been doing significant sales on preorder during e3. No idea if they will continue, this year but it’s the only reason I’ve followed e3: to figure out what I should buy in advance.
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Ya Moron!
Ya Moron!

Total posts: 641
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

DEVIL MAY CRY 5 BABY
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Total posts: 17900
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Who wants to bet they have a final final mix, combining KH 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 before KHIII is released?
OfflineLast One
Senior 4 Life
KENN
KENN

Total posts: 392
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Who wants to bet they have a final final mix, combining KH 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 before KHIII is released?

Of course there will be one (exclusively for PS5.)

One interesting thing for me is how many keyblades I see at cons, even though the last major game came out like 12 years ago...

Have a nice day
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that never stopped Star Wars fans. I can't quite see why KH has caught on so much though.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Half Helmet
Half Helmet

Total posts: 2615
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I already know the new Fallout is going to still be garbage, but that was probably a safe bet well before E3 ever started.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We're all so delightfully optimistic

I'm actually looking forward to finally getting an English version of PS3 Tales of Vesperia. Will probably grab it on Switch.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I never played. Tales of Vesperia before, so that is pretty nice
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

After Vesperia, I played every Tales game as soon as it came out, but haven't gotten around to the latest one yet
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't finished a Tales game since Tales of Destiny. I have played a good way into several of them though.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Most of them are better than Destiny IMO. I couldn't get along with that game. My favourite is Graces, even though (or perhaps because) it's a little twee compared to some of the others.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry. I have to take that opinion woth an extreme grain of salt. Tales of Destiny was by far my favorite. The only one thay"s mayne looking close but too early to say is Berseria. Graces was just a pain in the ass. Constantly getting more and more titles before you can finish what you're doing and the battle system felt hard to control to me. I got fed up with it.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

At least the titles were linked into something. I played Tales of Xillia after and it seemed to be missing something after playing Graces f.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Death stranding is going to be the best baby carrying sim ever.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Babysitting Mama HD Remaster.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
At least the titles were linked into something. I played Tales of Xillia after and it seemed to be missing something after playing Graces f.

I started Xillia after, but got much further. Basically right before the final boss, I think. Probably main reason I didn't finish was I was running around trying to do a bunch of side stuff. I like Xillia much better.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Xillia seemed pretty sort, but that's because they split it in to two paths (and then made a sequel).
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway, Nintendo's presentation starts soon. Annoyingly, I'm at work, then walking home during it.

Bets thing they could announce is a new F-Zero.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Berseria sort of has the title problem too, but basic gameplay flow is much better, you can actually level up the titles without having them equipped, and they don't necessarily seem to make much difference, so I think they can be safely ignored. Also, even though there's plenty I don't think they balloon out quite as much as Graces.

Plus, Berseria has a better plot than most Tales games, as far as I'm into it. The basic idea is definitely different from your standard save the world plot (even if it ultimately becomes that in the end, I don't know). It's kind of more like Kill Bill RPG.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That game's in my backlog list. Haven't played it at all yet.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Berseria is apparently a prequel to Zestiria, but the gameplay is hugely better and the story hooks you in better from the start too. I started Zestiria awhile back, but didn't really get into it and didn't get far. So I might miss references to Zestiria, but at least it's a prequel so it shouldn't really be too big a deal, and maybe I'll appreciate Zestiria more after having played it, who knows. It's possible it will spoil some stuff for Zestiria though, if Zestiria has some twists based on the past. Either way Berseria is a much better game, so I'm not forcing myself to play Zestiria first.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I should have made a Ta;es of thread instead

Switch Fire Emblem tho! Shock
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've never gotten into that series. Not sure I ever will. I did figure I might use the Switch entry of Pokemon to see if the series is for me at all. May do the same with Fire Emblem.
OfflineJoei
Tenkyu Star
Smokey
Smokey

Total posts: 1679
Female Female
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Berseria is apparently a prequel to Zestiria, but the gameplay is hugely better and the story hooks you in better from the start too. I started Zestiria awhile back, but didn't really get into it and didn't get far. So I might miss references to Zestiria, but at least it's a prequel so it shouldn't really be too big a deal, and maybe I'll appreciate Zestiria more after having played it, who knows. It's possible it will spoil some stuff for Zestiria though, if Zestiria has some twists based on the past. Either way Berseria is a much better game, so I'm not forcing myself to play Zestiria first.
Zestiria wasn't necessarily bad but Berseria improved it. So i would play it afterwards at least. Berseria is one of the best Tales of stories. It's very refreshing.

I am looking forward to the Vesperia remaster on Switch!

Last edited by Joei on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Don't play the Pokémon games that are out this year. The real Pokémon's out next year!
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Goujon John
Goujon John

Total posts: 9284
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You’ve been Pokéwarned!
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Nintendo Direct was a bit crap.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I'm not playing any Pokemon Go shit. Not ever.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I play Pokémon GO a lot myself, but I'm a Pokémon addict, anyway
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Nintendo Direct was a bit crap.

Super smash bros is still the same game
But more power to them. They’re shipping a game with Cloud this year.
OnlineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Has Cloud appeared on Smash Bros. game before? I'm a bit behind. Haven't played Smash Bros. since Melee w/ my roommates in college.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Has Cloud appeared on Smash Bros. game before? I'm a bit behind. Haven't played Smash Bros. since Melee w/ my roommates in college.

I think so. Back in the dark days of advent children.
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Ya Moron!
Ya Moron!

Total posts: 641
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RE2 Remake won E3 for me.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Crazy that it’s taken until now for them to remake RE2. Especially when you consider that the remake of the first Resi ca,e out sixteen years ago!

Cloud was DLC in the Wii U and 3DS Smash games, so only a couple of years ago. No idea why they went with a PlayStation character though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: