Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> So a "re-visited" FF7 instead of just a shot-for-s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineSir Nikon
Total posts: 42
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:  So a "re-visited" FF7 instead of just a shot-for-s Reply with quote Back to top

I pretty much dropped the playing of all video games long ago. Played with a 360 for a minute but games started to be a little too much ... either too violent or too difficult for me to make sense of the cameras.

Anyway ... I've figured that when the new FF7 comes out, if it isn't available for PC (which I'd bet it will be), I'll buy a PS6 and play it.

I know some folk want to see a shot-for-for remake and I used to be one but now I'm thinking, why not add more to it? The cool thing about all the FF games, and FF7 in particular, was the length. If the new folk on the project could actually pull something off without it being overly emo, only about the graphics, and not just turn it into something else with lots of crossovers, that'd be pretty fun.

Can't wait for it's release in 2027!
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 23410
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

From what I understand, the FFVII remake will be more like FFXV than the original. It'll also be episodic, with the suggestion that not all episodes will necessarily be of the same genre. I'll be playing it either way. No idea if it'll turn out good or a mess though!

By the way, 3D game camera control has progressed quite a bit in the last decade. Very rarely does the game camera now annoy me.
Master of MeTEAo
King Dadbod
King Dadbod

Total posts: 17190
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

One episode will just be the Gold Saucer and play like a Namco Museum or something.
OfflineSir Nikon
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, yes. I'm aware with their plans.

I'm curious as to what folk think. Some don't like the idea of a game like FF15; some want a shot-for-shot remake.

I like the idea of a mix of both. Keeps it interesting. Not sure I'm a fan of the episodic way and I'll bet they'll do lots of DLC because, after all, the intent always to provide gamers with a sense of pride and accomplishment. [insert money bag here] [insert money bag here]
OfflineSir Nikon
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Also curious to see what they'll do with Barrett given that there's all this white guilt bullshit going on right now. #meatlivesmatter
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
King Dadbod
King Dadbod

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really clamoring for a remake. I would prefer one where they kept ATB over an FFXV style battle system.

This is the kind of remake I'd prefer:
-Improved graphics
-Better translation, but keep the story the same. Don't be adding shit from spinoffs like Genesis or whatever or extra Zack shit. I don't want it.
-Keep the battle system essentially the same. If there's any improvement to be had it should be in differentiating the characters more. Some ideas include making the materia slots less uniform among different characters weapons. Making some materia only accessible to certain members or adding some affinity to certain materia.
-Some other things that would be nice could include: new materia, new optional bosses, and new sidequests.

And yeah, they really should make Barrett a little bit less of a caricature.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

All they need to do with Barrett is flesh is flesh out his character a bit.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
King Dadbod
King Dadbod

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Barrett's character was as fleshed out as most of the others, really, but then he starts acting like a stock type caricature at some parts.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don’t remember him being anything worse than you’d get in a 90’s movie tbh.
OfflineGrey Fox
Dad of Mod-Bot
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 705
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

At this point I’d rather just ply the original.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Total posts: 8361
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If the Gold Saucer includes a machine where you can play Xenogears with a good translation, I’ll buy the PS4 and this game.
Master of MeTEAo
King Dadbod
King Dadbod

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

FFVII - Episode V: Zenogias
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Total posts: 8361
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Episode VI: Zenogias Disc 2 (optional)
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Total posts: 2004
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be playing it regardless. Honestly I think I would just prefer a straight up shot for shot remake just with new character models. Or at least close to that in theory. Classic FF7 isnt really built to support tall characters in the chibi areas.

I dont want the gameplay to be anything like FF15 but I suppose thats a lost cause.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: