Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Hot Topics! -> Topic 2G6-2: Dream Interpretation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 24356
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: icon_important Topic 2G6-2: Dream Interpretation Reply with quote Back to top

Last night I had a vivid and strange dream

Last night I had a dream that I was in the dark eating an apple. The apple was gone off and mouldy but only in places.
I was hungry and the rest of it tasted nice so I carried on eating, trying to avoid the soft patches in the pitch black.

Does this mean anything? Does this say something about me? Or is it all just a load of bollocks?

Do you people believe that dreams are deep and cryptic messages that are significant to our actual lives or do you just think they're a load of jumpled up shit that don't make much sense because you're not awake enough to think properly?

Last edited by Damien on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Total posts: 17900
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It means you don't want to lose some good apple just because there's some bad apple, especially when you're hungry. Maybe you have relationship issues.
OfflineQuestionmarktarius
Total posts: 605
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: icon_important Re: Topic 2G6-2: Dream Interpretation Reply with quote Back to top

Believe it or not, I used to interpret dreams as a hobby.
Damien wrote:
Do you people believe that dreams are deep and cryptic messages that are significant to our actual lives or do you just think they're a load of jumpled up shit that don't make much sense because you're not awake enough to think properly?
A and B. Dreams are a sort of feedback loop, wherein the forebrain is being more or less tickled by the hindbrain, and the hindbrain creatis hallucinations based on what it gets from the forebrain, which then stimulates the forebrain.
Somewhere in this process, memory and emotion get involved and influence the entire process towards a subconcious-induced image that we are just lucid enough during REM sleep to remember.

To make sense out of dreams, just keep in mind that it's all symbolism and imagery, because that's all the subconcious really has to work with. Occurences of language and text in dreams is the result of a crippled conciousness (that barely lucid REM-state) attempting to reconcile those images on-the-fly.

As for an interpretation, it's pretty much what Golbez said. The dream is a reflection of your personality, meaning you are willing to cherry-pick the good parts out of what should be discarded, especially when you're "hungry" for those good parts.
DarloJo
TooledUpForSchool?
Waa Waa
Waa Waa
Female Female
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh yay, we did about this for A level Psychology

Some people think dreams are just a way of clearing the random thoughts out of your head from that day, but others think they represent things on your mind and try to make sense of them.

Without going into a whole paragraph on Freud's interpretation, it's very open to debate what dreams may/may not mean. Go with an interpretation method that you like and stick with it, basically. Or just discard it as something that happened to you today and think no more of it

Personally I dunno. Sometimes I dream about stuff relating to something that happened (maybe someone in particular's in a dream, after I'd mentioned not seeing them for a while that day). Other times it might be relating to something I'm worrying about. And other times it's completely random. So I think it's a mix of all of them tbh
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

So everybody believes this?
DarloJo
TooledUpForSchool?
Waa Waa
Waa Waa
Female Female
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Different theories contradict each other. But that's the general idea.

I'd say, maybe your dream was something to do with worrying about shitbin challenge You're worried about eating gone-off food again in case it makes you ill. And the darkness represents the fact that you're unsure about what to do.

And that could be completely rubbish, and you were just hungry Mr. Green
KU-NT
KU-NT

Total posts: 221
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Events during the day, things you see, hear, smell, touch and taste mixing with emotions and memories all there painting something that makes sense if you pick it apart the right way but totally abstract if not.

My opinion.

As an aside, I can now imagine Damien in a room picking the best parts of an apple to take a bite out of.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lap; the apples you bought god knows how long ago are still in the fridge here...
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Total posts: 8439
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I say Jo's interpretation is probably right

Food poisoning is getting annoying, especially when we get it eating something that's not even from the shitbin
OfflineLap
KU-NT
KU-NT

Total posts: 221
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Lap; the apples you bought god knows how long ago are still in the fridge here...

: forgot about them. throw them in the (fire) garden or something.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just wait for you to come over, then you can eat them.
Offlineluna-wolfdemon
Man Collector
Man Collector

Total posts: 266
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Hm.......... well, it could mean that you make do with what you have, or it could just be a random dream. I have those alot............ like the one where a muffin was chasing me!
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

luna-wolfdemon wrote:
Hm.......... well, it could mean that you make do with what you have, or it could just be a random dream. I have those alot............ like the one where a muffin was chasing me!

It's probably because of your deep-seated desire to come to the Biscuit side.
Offlineblack metal FANG
Locker
Locker

Total posts: 116
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't get enough. We would NEVER join the Tea and biscuts brigade our your face brigade is an organizasion bent on destroying the tea and biscuts brigade you fool!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read more forums!!!!!!

Lolz!
I can't get enough tea and biscuits. We would uncAer join the Tea and Biscuits Brigade. Our Your Face Brigade is a fanboy organisation bent on promoting the Tea and Biscuits Brigade, you Allmighty Lord Golbez.
Read more Tea forums, plz k thx!! teatime

3) ... Tea and Biscuits, for God's sake!! teatime
Offlineluna-wolfdemon
Man Collector
Man Collector

Total posts: 266
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

=D! I don't think i wan't to join a brigade thats named after biscuits and tea. Tea scares me. But the brigade doesn't.
OfflineEntr0pi3
Randomly Generated
Hone Hone Cock
Hone Hone Cock

Total posts: 1215
Female Female
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

But biscuits are yummy, right?
You shouldn't be scared of tea. Is very good. If it's a bit too strong for your nubbish tastebuds, you can try adding some milk and sugar/honey in it. It's all warm and sweet and makes you feel better, without the side effects of similar hot drinks such as chocolate (a bit overfull of fat and sugar, u know) or coffee (coffee in excess can make you sick in the stomach, and damage health in the long run). Tea is the perfect balance between these two, really.
Or you can also have iced tea. Comes in bottles, nowadays.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You can also have Poons Long Island Iced Tea Shock
Yesterday I had strawberry and mango tea. It smelt a lot nicer than it tasted.
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Alice, you shouldn't abuse your mod power really
Or should I blame Chris?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Wha whaat?
Randomly Generated
Hone Hone Cock
Hone Hone Cock

Female Female
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Why not? The post was off-topic spam, anyway Shock
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Freedom of speech
OfflineEntr0pi3
Randomly Generated
Hone Hone Cock
Hone Hone Cock

Female Female
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Come on, twas funny. And gotta admit he's been quite a bit of a spammer, lately. Freedom of speech is alright, but forums have rules, even SG, right? Also, gently educating nubs is a sacred duty of the TBB. By offering them tea and biscuits and advices... Well, I personally count that one as a friendly advice. Personally, I'm more amused than annoyed, but that may not be the way every other forum members are feeling about his (playful, I know, but still) overly aggressive attitude of late, ya know...

It's not as if I'd deleted/edited beyond recognition every single post he's made, uh? (btw, maybe you'll have noticed I also did some actual moderating job, by gathering a few double-posts into one, and not editing them (much ) in the process)
Also you'll have noticed I didn't quite delete the original in this one. That's not censorship if you can still read the message, is it? Onoes
And if you still think it is, then let's just say my spell-checker got a bit carried away
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

teatime Yay for edits!
OfflineBlue Nocturne
worthless
Red Lion
Red Lion

Total posts: 26
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Last night I had a dream that I was in the dark eating an apple. The apple was gone off and mouldy but only in places.
I was hungry and the rest of it tasted nice so I carried on eating, trying to avoid the soft patches in the pitch black.

Ryuk?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Pardon
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Total posts: 9678
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

HI DAMIEN
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

How do your 2G17 dreams compare to your 2G6 dreams?
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The RDM has no record of his dreams from 2G6. 2G17 dreams seem to be busy so far.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know. Same-ish? I barely ever remember my dreams anymore to be honest.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember my 2G6 dreams much.
In 2G17 I haven't been dreaming much (at least not remembering dreams), except for that LP2PW dream I had last night.
OfflineCybernetic Empire
Booze Hound
The Stranger
The Stranger

Total posts: 936
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

2G17 is the realization that your 2G6's dreams died. Oh. Wrong dreams... *sobs*
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Pretty much. I'll leave that kind of commentary to the work/life balance thread though.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Back in 2G6 the RDM was planning to be an English teacher. That dream died pretty hard. Which is probably good, the RDM hates kids that aren't his.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Cybernetic Empire wrote:
2G17 is the realization that your 2G6's dreams died. Oh. Wrong dreams... *sobs*

This is very true. But is it such a bad thing?

I can't remember what my dreams were in 2G6 but I more or less know what I want now, and I certainly didn't know back then.

I prefer my current life anyway. ruroken
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't had many failing Lent dreams this year. Guess I have other things to stress about and haven't worried about Lent.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I had a pretty long multi-part dream last night that I remembered a considerable amount of although I unfortunately don't remember much of the earlier part, which may have been more interesting.

I know there was a significant amount of adventure/battle in the earlier part. I feel like there may have been some kind of quest to retrieve some object but I can't recall the details on that. I remember though on the way getting ambushed by some guys with machine guns in like riot gear with masks, but when I attacked one and got off his mask it was like a skull underneath. So it seemed like they were some sort of creatures, but I remember as I continued fighting wondering if the were creatures or I didn't get enough chance to look properly and maybe the skull under the helmet was an extra layer of armor/mask.
Anyway, we (I'm not really quite sure who was in the group or if I knew anyone from IRL) were getting overwhelmed and retreated onto an aircraft or spaceship or something (or perhaps we were already on it and retreated to a different section of it, all I know is that I looked out an area and could see some wing section and we were flying in the air). Then I started investigating rooms for some reason. I think because the enemies might have been lurking.

Anyway some time around this point the dream shifts a bit, I think it was sort of related because someone was injured or something and I was looking for medical supplies for them, but I started working with doctors in an area that looked like my old physics building - and in my head I even think it was that building for some reason, although how it was also like a hospital I don't know.

Anyway, as I was coming back from that (I think at first with the idea of delivering medical supplies) the dream shifts again and I'm in a mall area. I meet up with two of my siblings by an elevator. For some reason they go down the elevator while I remain up on the same floor, but then I try to go on the elevator and go after them and can't find them. All this time I'm dragging something on wheels behind me which I think is still the medical supplies from before, I guess, but I seem to have forgotten about that mission, because I'm looking for my siblings. First I go through a food court and then when I try to loop around I run into some like child's toy area or something with like lego mats that seems to lead to a deadend or at least be a pain to try to get through and then try to go back another way and get back to the elevator. I think I got back to the elevator, but probably woke up around that time because I don't remember anything else. I think there were more battles and stuff before the machine gun guys, but I don't remember the early parts of the dream unfortunately.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'll read yours later (at work right now), but I actually had a vivid dream this morning, as I was waking up. Have forgotten bits of it now though. It would also make very little sense to anybody who doesn't know the people involved (so everybody here)
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I also had a pretty interesting dream this morning, but again, it wouldn't make sense to people here. Anyway, it's strange, I don't usually remember my dreams.

One of the recurring thing happening in the few recent dreams I do remember is that I'm more assertive than usual. If people don't like what I say/do, I pretty much tell them they can go f*** themselves.
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Ya Moron!
Ya Moron!

Total posts: 641
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I have frequent nightmares of various intensity. From what I've heard from friends I've spoken to it's unusual to have them that often. I've wondered what the significance of that is for a while.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have lots of nightmares, related to some traumatic events irl. Nightmares can often be linked to anxiety issues. Meditation might help reduce their frequency/intensity?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I had another dream that I remembered on waking but I was still tired and I told myself I would still remember after going back to sleep again. So I just went over it once in my head to remember and went back to sleep. I forgot.
OfflineHenchman #2
I got wood! :D
Blue Aftershock
Blue Aftershock

Total posts: 374
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
I had another dream that I remembered on waking but I was still tired and I told myself I would still remember after going back to sleep again. So I just went over it once in my head to remember and went back to sleep. I forgot.

I've had some very vivid and surreal dreams and I'm always frustrated that I don't jot them down on paper or something after waking up. If only to piece together what the fuck I was thinking to generate that nightmare visual.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I had a dream that I was working at the USPTO in a room woth a bunch of other people and Trump. Apparently in this dream Trump was the head of the USPTO. Nevermind also that I work from hone and even when I worked on campus I was in a small office with only one other person. I was only in a larger room with cubicles during the first few montha training period. Well, that's dreams for you.

Anyway, Trump pissed me off so much that I just quit on the spot. So the dream was really wish fulfillnent in a couple ways. I quit my job and Trump was only running the USPTO instead of the country.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Clearly your dream is telling you you need a career change.

Why has it not happened yet?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
World Cop
World Cop

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of reasons. It's way easier in dreams. . And even in my dream I was kind of like fuck not sure what I'm gonna do now. But I was somehow more concerned about getting my equipment turned into the USPTO. Yes, after quitting I was suddenly somehow a teleworker again with the annoyance of having equipment to return. But to add fun to that the dream made it so Trump was obsessed with me not returning to the building. So when I returned to bring back equipment I got into a chase with elevators and security guards. Ah, dreams.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Goujon John
Goujon John

Total posts: 9284
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds like a beautiful dream.
Objection!
Good Birb
Good Birb

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds very realistic too.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Follow your dreams, Golbez! Except the part about working for Trump. Don’t do that.

EDIT: Though I guess you do work for the US government...
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Total posts: 2004
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I remember every dream. Some kind of weird side effect of my meds.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Goujon John
Goujon John

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Fascinating. Do you like remembering them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Hot Topics! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: