Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion -> 1989 was a hell of a year
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Total posts: 8396
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Posting again because I just got that weird bug where it tries to load the not-yet-existing new page. The Market must be demanding a new page!
Objection!
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Total posts: 8341
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Macron, like Trump, is trying to stamp out so-called "fake news." He's an enemy to a free press. Macron, like Trump, made racist comments about Africa. Macron, like Trump, cuts taxes for the rich. He wants to end your fantsastic 35 hour work week too. He's a neolib, so he's always going to choose policy that favors corporations over people. Macron like Clinton opposes BDS. Can you believe the unfathomable moral hypocrisy of supporting Israel's "right to defend itself" by continued offensive violence, while opposing nonviolent opposition? Nope, any politician who opposes BDS can get the fuck out. He's not as bad as Trump, of course, but he can't be given a pass either.

France has always been pro-Palestine and Macron is no different. However, remember we've had several terrorist attacks recently, so "right to defend itself" is really something he has to mention, whether he likes it or not.

For those of you who read French, here is an interesting article:
http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/visuel/2018/05/07/un-an-apres-son-election-emmanuel-macron-tient-il-ses-promesses-de-campagne_5295281_4355770.html#meter_toaster

So basically, he's been doing what he was elected to do. People complaining about it are mostly the ones who never agreed with his ideas and voted for either Le Pen or Mélenchon.

Oh by the way, we also got him instead of the corrupt right-wing guy who was paying his wife and kids to do BS jobs for decades, isn't that a good thing? At least nepotism didn't win this election cycle, only the usual oligarchy. It could have been worse, right?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Total posts: 8396
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don’t think anyone is arguing he was the worst case scenario. He’s just frustratingly, typically neoliberal. Like Hillary Clinton would have been. Doesn’t mean I wanted her to lose. (I did in the primaries, though.) But a politician shouldn’t be free of criticism just because they’re not fascist or because in addition to a slew of shitty things they’re also doing some positive things. And Macron in particular comes off as a pompous turd in my opinion, so it’s especially easy to be annoyed with him.
Objection!
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Total posts: 8341
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Criticism is ok of course, I was just explaining my reasoning in my first comment.

As I said, I didn't vote for him during the first round, so it's not like he was my first choice. I do also think he's too liberal, hence I voted for a more left-leaning candidate during the first round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: