Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Word
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 25019
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Said something mean to Barry who was kind enough to let me stay at his place.

What did you say to Barry?

Last edited by Damien on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Total posts: 189
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
j0hn is dead. Sad

What the? Sorry to hear that.
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Damien wrote:
Said something mean to Barry who was kind enough to let me stay at his place.

What did you say to Barry?

I'd rather not say. It was in the spur of the moment. I wanted to say something crass/funny at the moment but it ended up being totally random and uncalled for.
Not sure whether he remembers or even cared at the time, but for some reason it remained in my gallery of embarrassing moments.

OnlineWaWard
Total posts: 7754
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
There was someone else from Finland though. Plaztik?

He is Dutch! He’s online on PSN from time to time.
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't Grey/Peps1ck from Finland? He was at SGUK when I went for the first time.

Last edited by B0N3M4N on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
OnlineWaWard
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:
Wasn't Grey/Peps1ck from Finland? I was at SGUK when I went for the first time.

Slashley was from Finland
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, Slashley.
I remember him being the resident hentai expert. Not much else though.
OfflineBazz
Tenman Star
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 534
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:
Wow, Damien, you and your photographic memory of all things SG-related. I may have been sober all the time, but I vaguely remember picking up some of those drunken vibes from all of you. Said something mean to Barry who was kind enough to let me stay at his place. Not my proudest moment.

I don’t remember you saying anything mean. I probably didn’t care at the time either tbh. I remember the owl in the sack though.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We need to know now! Boom
Grey was Swedish.
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Right, Swedish.

Hey Barry! How've you been? Glad to hear you don't remember/care.
That's a weight off my shoulders .
I guess you'll never know then MWAHAHAHA

Looks like the owl in the sack has been discontinued, though Sad
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You owe it to Barry to tell us all what awful thing you said! boo
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well I won't share the exact words, but I was basically denigrating his hospitality. In hindsight, I found that very ungrateful, even in jest.
OnlineWaWard
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Who the fuck is Barry boo
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Vegan Marshmallow
Vegan Marshmallow

Total posts: 18580
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Bazz, obviously.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

He used to post on SG, but usually only late night, when drunk.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Total posts: 10035
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Now he is a bearded teacher.
Fei Ayanami
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:
smeared ink wrote:
j0hn is dead. Sad

To expand slightly on this, it was in... 2009, I think? He was living in Japan at the time and got hit by a car. I hadn’t seen him for awhile, so even now it has never fully sunk in for me. It still sort of feels like we just lost contact and could reconnect at some point. Sad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Has it almost been 10 years? For fucks sake.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Vegan Marshmallow
Vegan Marshmallow

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm never going to live in Japan for any significant length of time. It does not seem to have a good correlation with SG mortality rates. Sad
OnlineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
I'm never going to live in Japan for any significant length of time. It does not seem to have a good correlation with SG mortality rates. Sad

OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:

Barry is? Tell me moar, also I demand pictures!

smeared ink wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
smeared ink wrote:
j0hn is dead. Sad

To expand slightly on this, it was in... 2009, I think? He was living in Japan at the time and got hit by a car. I hadn’t seen him for awhile, so even now it has never fully sunk in for me. It still sort of feels like we just lost contact and could reconnect at some point. Sad

Man, that sucks.
I didn't know either of you personally, and I don't remember any specifics about most SGers, but I would recognize his nickname and his avatar.
It's a weird relationship to have with people, right? Not knowing anything about them except a picture from a video game character and a made up name. Still makes me sad to read news like that.

Lord Golbez wrote:

Not to be disrespectful, but who else died? I remember someone's suicide (I recall the name Jeremy, but I could be wrong after all these years).
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Vegan Marshmallow
Vegan Marshmallow

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Abe. Sad You may also have known him as Serge or Janus of Zeal. And he was also in Japan when he died, to my recollection. Jeremy sounds kind of familiar, but I don't know...
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Jeremy was a childhood friend of eightman’s, and all of us SG Van people and some SGers who had visited knew him. He posted here a bit and was in early SGTVs, and yeah he committed suicide, way back in... 2001 I think. That was really shitty. Sad

EDIT: It’s possible his name here was “offset”. That was a name he used elsewhere if I recall correctly.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:
smeared ink wrote:

Check the Damien Getting Married and Moving to Manchester thread (or whatever it's called). He doesn't have the beard now though.

Serge was Abe on here. There's an RIP thread here if you dig a bit.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Jingle Bellend
Jingle Bellend

Total posts: 10405
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The RDM never made the connection between Serge and Abe. He thought they were different people who both died. Deathcount--?
Offlineeightman
Poon Underwater
Poon Underwater

Total posts: 554
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: icon_idea  Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:
eightman wrote:
Doing good. Currently on Vacay for a week before going back to working too much.

How you wording?

Eightman, I see you're still doing sick art, love it, I'll have to keep browsing your posts to catch up. I've been jealously admiring your work from afar back in the day but I don't believe we've ever met.

What do you do for a living anyway?

You're too sweet. Every then I'm in the mood for a doodle blitz and put some stuff out. Usually not so sweet but more fun to draw.

What I do for money is totally unrelated. My wife is a Notary Public and we run an office doing paperwork for property transactions, estate planning, powers of attorney, etc. Similar to a very limited scope solicitor office.
Offlineeightman
Poon Underwater
Poon Underwater

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: icon_idea  Reply with quote Back to top

Bazz wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
Wow, Damien, you and your photographic memory of all things SG-related. I may have been sober all the time, but I vaguely remember picking up some of those drunken vibes from all of you. Said something mean to Barry who was kind enough to let me stay at his place. Not my proudest moment.

I don’t remember you saying anything mean. I probably didn’t care at the time either tbh. I remember the owl in the sack though.

i will always remember your shorts that were by far too short. your drinking a pint in roughly 2 seconds with the wager being to touch your bare chest in a photo. your being in a fugue state from semi alcohol poisoning where you watched a pub show sitting on a stool with a vacant look while drooling into a steadily growing puddle at your feet. greeting me with a giant 8man sign. pranking me with damien doing the coinage names. and finally imposing the honored tradition of tea time.

in other words 10/10. you went above and beyond in making my trip there a lifetime memory.
Offlineeightman
Poon Underwater
Poon Underwater

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
Jeremy was a childhood friend of eightman’s, and all of us SG Van people and some SGers who had visited knew him. He posted here a bit and was in early SGTVs, and yeah he committed suicide, way back in... 2001 I think. That was really shitty. Sad

EDIT: It’s possible his name here was “offset”. That was a name he used elsewhere if I recall correctly.

2002! But otherwise correct. if offset was not available he used offset996.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Why 996?
Poon Underwater
Poon Underwater

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I really have no idea. When we set up free emails at rocketmail.com in grade 6 or 7 the usernames we wanted were taken and that was his suggestion so it stuck as his usual handle.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Eric. Other memories I have of that trip are the prank when you left your dad’s expensive new jacket here, is getting locked in to Greenwich Park, and Barry’s college friends asking you “are you pissed yet?”.
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
smeared ink wrote:

Check the Damien Getting Married and Moving to Manchester thread (or whatever it's called). He doesn't have the beard now though.

The who is getting the what??? Shock!

How long have I been gone!? *off to read that thread*. Damien, hook me up with some pitchers, I don't know where "the usual place" is.

Edit: Nevermind, I found your wedding site. And I spotted the Barry! And I do envy your candy bar. Looks like you had a lot of fun! All best retroactively.

eightman wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
eightman wrote:
Doing good. Currently on Vacay for a week before going back to working too much.

How you wording?

Eightman, I see you're still doing sick art, love it, I'll have to keep browsing your posts to catch up. I've been jealously admiring your work from afar back in the day but I don't believe we've ever met.

You're too sweet. Every then I'm in the mood for a doodle blitz and put some stuff out. Usually not so sweet but more fun to draw.

What I do for money is totally unrelated. My wife is a Notary Public and we run an office doing paperwork for property transactions, estate planning, powers of attorney, etc. Similar to a very limited scope solicitor office.

No you're not! What the fux! Do you have pictures of a creepy red-eyed guy peeking from behind a curtain in your office too?
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:
Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
smeared ink wrote:

How long have I been gone!? *off to read that thread*. Damien, hook me up with some pitchers, I don't know where "the usual place" is.

Edit: Nevermind, I found your wedding site. And I spotted the Barry! And I do envy your candy bar. Looks like you had a lot of fun! All best retroactively.

Thanks. Was it the wedding photo Flickr you found?
OfflineB0N3M4N
peeking in
Kleine Krokodil
Kleine Krokodil

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
Damien wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
smeared ink wrote:

Thanks. Was it the wedding photo Flickr you found?

I found this one in the main thread:
http://chrisnkaty.gettingmarried.co.uk/

That's a treasure trove of images

Edit: Oh and I just saw that from there the flickr page is linked.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the ones on the site aren't the fancy official ones.
Offlineeightman
Poon Underwater
Poon Underwater

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

B0N3M4N wrote:

eightman wrote:
B0N3M4N wrote:
eightman wrote:

How you wording?

No you're not! What the fux! Do you have pictures of a creepy red-eyed guy peeking from behind a curtain in your office too?

Haha. My drawings are not part of the decor. I cycle through some slightly more SFW doodles as desktop backgrounds but that's about it.

Living here ain't cheap. Gotta get ahead with what is marketable.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I have an iPad Pro now. Getting a pencil for it this week, so with any luck, I’ll have some art to post at some point soonish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: