Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Tea & Biscuits Brigade -> Newsworthy news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Total posts: 2841
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Michigan State University has definitely surpassed Penn State for most ghoulish college in the US. At least Larry Nassar will die in prison. I just hope everyone who enabled him gets dragged down with him. And I hope more people come out about universities who've covered up sexual abuse, because that problem is epidemic and unaddressed.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Total posts: 10167
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The sheer volume of offenses in his case is kind of mind-blowing. And there are probably others out there on the same order of magnitude.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this actually means anything relating to net neutrality, but I've noticed over the last week that I can't access SG and a handful of other smaller web pages unless I'm using a VPN.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Total posts: 18329
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If my ISP starts blocking SG, I'll start canceling. Hear that Comcast?!
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Seems a bit odd, but it's probably related to the ancient-as-butt nature of it. No legit SSL in sight.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Total posts: 9697
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Between the bar he set for himself and the bar Trump has now set way below that, it's impressive how little it now takes for me to be like "YES George W!!"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/08/george-bush-pretty-clear-evidence-russia-meddled-in-us-election
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's a trap! He's still bad.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

George W for Emperor!
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 24743
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

George W Bush is the US president of the golden age of SG.
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Total posts: 2004
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Hard to think of anything related to Bush as a golden age.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

And yet here we are.

More recently, Trump's election was followed by a very significant increase in forum activity. Coincidence? Mr. Green
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Rand Paul has decided to care about the deficit now. Ready for another shutdown, Golbez?
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
Between the bar he set for himself and the bar Trump has now set way below that, it's impressive how little it now takes for me to be like "YES George W!!"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/08/george-bush-pretty-clear-evidence-russia-meddled-in-us-election

I'm a little less indulgent. My reaction was, "Well, if someone as dim as George W can put these pieces together..."
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like another judge is all up ons with the idea of bringing back eugenics boards.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

She already had 7 kids. This damage control is a bit late.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously with the fucking guns.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is that even newsworthy at this point? Everyone knows the air in the United States is about 15% lead, and only half of that is from the constantly flying bullets.
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 7501
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
Seriously with the fucking guns.

For lent I’m giving up on guns
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Put it in Hot Topics for our records.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus Christ, Trump is saying he'd have run into the school now, even without a weapon. Is there some way we can arrange this during the next major shooting?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine the gifs that would give us
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Those gifs would keep on giving 4 shore
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
Jesus Christ, Trump is saying he'd have run into the school now, even without a weapon. Is there some way we can arrange this during the next major shooting?

Mustve missed that news story.

What a load of shit. He wouldnt sacrifice himself or put himself at risk for anyone.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

He has a very rare condition where bone spurs spontaneously appear in response to situations where he might have to do things that aren't in his own self-interest.

The last time they appeared was when Trump was asked to unplug his phone charger so the presenters at an intelligence briefing could plug in their projector.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 24743
Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The only news we have here is weather. Over half of the news allocation on the radio today was used to talk about a big traffic jam that happened yesterday. Then there was more weather news, then sport, then THE WEATHER. I'm guessing politicians are using this time to stealthily push through all sorts of horrible shit.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The idea that politicians' version of a snow day is to pass stupid laws sounds like some kind of comedy sketch. "All parrots must be trained, by law, to report possible terrorist activity and train fare evasion."
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Florida passed a $67 million bill to train and arm teachers just days after an armed teacher barricaded himself in a classroom and shot a hole in the wall.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Kentucky delayed a vote on a bill that would make child marriages illegal in the state. It is also facing strong opposition to a bill that would make bestiality a felony offense, because 90% of Kentucky's economy is invested in propagating stereotypes about itself.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

America ppl r weird
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Now I don't want to know what the 11 herbs and spices are. Florida is always just the worst though. I feel sorry for my friend who lives there. Wow Kentucky is F'ed up though. Their current law allows marriage basically if they're old enough that they can be pregnant. Isn't there federal law about this, and if not why not? Freaking ridiculous that the feds want to get into state business about marijuana, but hey the states can do whatever they want when it comes to child abuse, I guess.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Considering the most prominent group lobbying against it is the Family Foundation of KY, I'm guessing the reason is that the law would make it illegal for conservative Christian parents to force their underage daughters to marry their rapists.

Or underage sex trafficking, which is already a big problem in KY (I used to volunteer for a not-for-profit there for underage female victims of sexual abuse), has a much stronger lobbying arm than I was aware.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the article I read did have some jackass talking about "parental rights." Sorry, parents don't have the right to marry off their children, regardless of whether your bumfuck hillbilly state is telling them they can.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The "parental rights" thing they're bandying about is just an easily identifiable dog whistle. It's like neo-nazis calling themselves "alt-right" or "white identitarians" or whatever words they're calling themselves on /pol/ now.

The bestiality bill was stalled because hunters claimed it was slippery slope to banning hunting, while farmers claimed they would run afoul of the law for doing artificial inseminations (even though every other state that bans bestiality has zero problems with this). I dunno what the real reason is. I guess there's a lot of Kentuckians that enjoy doing stuff with horses besides racing them.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They just don't want the government up in their BIDNESS. Except when it comes to deciding what kinds of birth control women are allowed to have. They really like doing that.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: icon_cool  Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe if you had a president for life and no Congress, things would go better.
OfflineRDM
TacocaTacocaT
Robots & Spaceships
Robots & Spaceships

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We should probably try that sometime. What's the worst that could happen?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
We should probably try that sometime. What's the worst that could happen?

Your current one was caught saying that! Ask him!
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The last two Republican presidents have said very similar things about their frustration with democratic transitions of power.

George W. Bush wrote:
If this were a dictatorship it would be a heck of a lot easier... as long as I'm the dictator.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Mitsurugi CP wrote:
He has a very rare condition where bone spurs spontaneously appear in response to situations where he might have to do things that aren't in his own self-interest.

The last time they appeared was when Trump was asked to unplug his phone charger so the presenters at an intelligence briefing could plug in their projector.

Oh my God! Trump is Marrow!

OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Mitsurugi CP wrote:
The last two Republican presidents have said very similar things about their frustration with democratic transitions of power.

George W. Bush wrote:
If this were a dictatorship it would be a heck of a lot easier... as long as I'm the dictator.

He’s so lovable by today’s standards. despite the illegal wars and preemptive kills and water boarding.

Well maybe not
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Military Kangaroo
Military Kangaroo

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: icon_cool  Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
Maybe if you had a president for life and no Congress, things would go better.

*sobs uncontrollably*
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
Mitsurugi CP wrote:

George W. Bush wrote:

He’s so lovable by today’s standards. despite the illegal wars and preemptive kills and water boarding.

Well maybe not

Wonder how much worse it would have to be for Trump to seem merely stupid and harmless.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Probably not much given the poor memory of public perception.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It does boggle my mind that so many people worship at the alter of Reagan, even people who disagreed with him politically.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Kim Il Sung
Kim Il Sung

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

God I know. So much of what's wrong today can be traced back to Reagan.
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

And a lot of that (i.e. trickle down) can be traced back to Coolidge. But most people don't even know who the hell he is, let alone why he's a shit president.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Kingdom Arse
Kingdom Arse

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, most of the presidents were shit when you look into it. Makes it hard to keep track of all the bad shit each one did.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

One step closer getting our Trump fantasy come true in Ontario~
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Blondie Guy
Blondie Guy

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, shit, where the hell am I supposed to expatriate now?
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We have 9 other provinces to choose from that’s not Ford Nation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Tea & Biscuits Brigade All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19

Jump to: