Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Total posts: 8396
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've kept a wide berth around those fuckers.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Total posts: 17241
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Also by only one do you mean the one you have to fight as part of one of the Divine Beast quests? Tjat one was a fun miniboss fight for me at the time, but treating them as regular monsters to farm for components is much less fun.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have to fight that one, you can just sneak around and pick up bolt arrows out of trees and stuff.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Oh. I fought it and it was pretty epic at the time with only once upgraded armor amd like 7 or 8 hearts I think. I managed a lot of flurry attacks - something I'm usually not terribly good at, but Lynels have some attacks that are pretty easy to time it for.

Anyway given how many arrows I needed that was probably a good thing.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Woot I managed to get over to the castle and climb the exterior up to the final memory pretty quickly, only getting blasted a few times.
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I finally did the Naked and Afraid island. I originally went there at the beginning when I only had 4 or 5 hearts, then got bored of it after dying a few times.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that one was one of the more annoying ones for me. Although, as I mentioned previously, most of that annoyance could have been avoided if I had remembered earlier that I had a tool that freezes water.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha oh yeah! Why'd I go get that raft!
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You used the raft to place that orb where the pedestal was in the middle of the water?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yep! I actually didn't have much trouble doing it that way, and it was also the very last thing I did in that challenge.

The hardest part for me was the huge monster. I think I was supposed to shoot him in the eye and grab the sphere while he was hurt, but I just spent like 20 minutes running away from him in circles throwing bombs back at him until he died.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

So for me, I killed the Hinox with bombs from above too, and then the orb ended up in the water. So I kept trying to swim push it back up or time stop and hit it to knock it back up, which semi-worked but it rolled back down. I ended up leaving the island and coming back to reset its position. Then that worked for that orb, so when I threw the other orb into the water trying to throw it across to the pedestal I did the same thing. I think it worked once but I ended up throwing it in again trying another way. The next time it didn't reset the position so the orb was still stuck in the water and only then did I finally remember I could get it out by freezing the water.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

And then you get rewarded with a single shrine. And 300 rupees, I suppose.

Speaking of rupees, I was suddenly reminded of the ancient armour you can get from Robbie when I played yesterday. I bought the goofy looking helmet and I'll probably sell some shit for money and buy the other pieces too.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It took me alwhile to get all 3 pieces. More because of components than money and I still only have one fully upgraded. Those cores are too rare.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I only have exactly enough cores to get the three pieces. I'm guessing you need more cores to upgrade them.

That said, I've only done like 63 shrines, so I'm sure I could find more out there. But I'm not sure I care enough to do dozens more shrines.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. It took me awhile to get the cores for the last one because I had already used cores on upgrading the other two pieces of armor. Now I need more cores to upgrade the greaves piece plus some star fragments to get both the helmet and greaves maxed.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh. I think I'll satisfy myself with the non-upgraded versions.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The ancient armor set is the one I most want to max out so I can just kick their asses up and down Hyrule Castle.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yes fair enough! I'll just pack lots of meals I guess. Mr. Green
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If you can make a lot of food that gives a lot of extra hearts you might be better off than actually having those hearts because a nice trick is your Master Sword beam attack doesn't go away because your extra hearts took damage.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That is indeed a nice trick. Of course, I'm not anticipating the end being all that hard.

Trying to think what else I'd like to accomplish. Think I might finish Tarrey Town before I beat it.
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Going back in this thread, looks like I got BotW on St. Patrick's Day last year. (I guess Link is a bit of a leprechaun. )

So I must finish it by St. Patrick's Day this year!!
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If you wait that long I'll almost surepy finish before that! Even though I've partially move on to other games.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm fairly confident I'll beat it within the next few sessions of playing, so I just have to not ignore it for weeks.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I started playing Mario Odyssey and Nier Automata, so I haven't really made much progress since I last said something. I'm up to 103 shrines now. I'll get back to it this weekend, probably.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I got all the ancient armour and upgraded it all twice. I needed 30 ancient gears I didn't have but it turns out going on a Guardian-killing rampage isn't so hard anymore.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The gears are easy to get. If you got it all upgraded twice you must have gotten more ancient cores than I did. Where did you get all those cores?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Upgrades don't start requiring cores until you want to get upgrade #3. First two are just screws and gears I think. Then suddenly you need 5 cores per piece! Fucking ludicrous. During my Guardian rampage I was surprised when one of them dropped a core (I usually only find them in chests in shrines and stuff) but I don't think I can be bothered to gather 5, let alone 15.

That said, I enjoy killing Guardians, so maybe I'll find a few more by accident.

EDIT: Also, now that I've upgraded twice, I get the set bonus, which internet suggests is a substantial increase in my attack power with ancient weapons.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Oh. Guess. I got confused I thought I had only upgraded the greaves once before running into the 5 core roadblock. That means I should have the set bonus too.

Too bad the test of strength Guardians don't make the Master Sword glow or they would die quicker and more easily (storywise this probably makes sense as the guardians in the shrines are likely not controlled by Ganon.
OfflineShad
Total posts: 17
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone playing this on Cemu? Performance and image quality (at 1440p+) are pretty incredible at this point. 60fps is possible although still slightly buggy.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 23473
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I so wish I had this on Switch rather than Wii U. Really struggling to muster the effort to dust the controller off and play some of the DLC. Haven't even opened he Chamions Amiibo pack either
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not too sure the DLC would be worth it to me. Definitely not amiibo stuff.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I am definitely still not buying a Switch until after I beat this game.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely wouldn't have bought a Switch yet if Zelda weren't a significant factor in that purchase.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Play Mario next.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I already started playing Mario.... and stopped at the stupid race in Snow Kingdom. Frust
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Just skip the bits you find tough or leave them until later. There's plenty else to do!
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like I need the moons. I tried looking around outside the well area but that only netted me like one more moon.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I wanna play Mario.

I did play Zelda some more yesterday. I got the last fairy fountain (until the other day I'd only gotten two of them rofl) and I sent a Gerudo off to Tarrey Town and I killed more Guardians. But the Guardians almost never drop cores, so if I upgrade my armour any further it's going to be if I just happen to get enough cores.

I read that if you beat all the shrines you get classic Link clothes. Exciting! Too bad I barely have over half the shrines. By the time I got that outfit I'd never play any of the game wearing it. Mr. Green
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Which fairy did you find last? For me it was the one in the desert.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah same. Apparently I never went quite down to that corner before.

The other one I hadn't found despite being right next to it many times was the one by Tarrey Town, by the lake with the island in the middle.

The only things I was immediately able to fully upgrade were Hylian shirt & pants. Now they're my best armour from a purely defense points perspective.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds liek you found the fountains in the same order as me. Although, even though I found the one by Tarrey Town third, I found it well before I started the Tarrey Town quest.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I got all my ancient armor upgraded to the max and am currently outfitting myself for destruction (buying ancient arrows, cooking meals, etc.). Won't be long now. Only did 104 shrines, but I think it's enough.

Did it! I didn't notice my completion percentage when I finished. Do you have to start up the game again after finishing to see it (I'm unlikely to do that).
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations!
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Ganon was harder than I was lead to believe. I mean, he wasn't hard exactly, but if I had less defense or hearts I could imagine him being hard easily. As is, you still have to pull something off that's a bit of a pain to pull off and you're likely to get hurt in the process. I'm just glad I kind of expected it, so I was prepared enough.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'll pack a lot of lunches.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I definitely didn't run low on curatives, so maybe I'm making it sound too rough, but I feel like the spin that Damien gave it might have led me to not prepare properly at all, if I weren't overly cautious.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I finished Tarrey Town. I'm hitting a few "obviously haven't been there" areas on the map. I just got to the maze in the frozen tundra. I never explored this area at all. Just before that, I did the "shrouded in darkness" shrine challenge.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That was probably the biggest pain in the ass shrine to me. That or the island.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The island I thought was actually a fun challenge (though I recall your specific frustrations with it). The darkness one I finished pretty fast but it didn't feel very strategic. I just kind of wandered aimlessly until suddenly I was fighting a guy.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. If it hadn't been for those particular issues the island probably would have been fine. Stumbling in the dark was not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: