Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Tea & Biscuits Brigade -> Last tea to be drunk wins!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Dice Master
Dice Master

Total posts: 1340
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The matcha tea I got today was pretty sad. Or I made it incorrectly. Either way, it was really bitter.

I'm thinking about trying to grow some yarrow for tea. Back when I was backpacking and sending Damien pemmican and jalepeno squeeze cheese, we used to pick yarrow leaves and brew a tea that was kinda minty, but the real fun was that it would make your whole mouth go partly numb.

I could buy it, but most of the places I've tried getting it sell a product that's primarily flowers and stems, no leaves or roots where the numbing agent is concentrated.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Space Dog
Space Dog

Total posts: 14293
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really much of a matcha fan. It's good in recipes, but for straight drinking it's kind of weird to me.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 20805
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I had a cup of tea at work today because I was offered one and didn't want to ask for coffee instead. Too much sugar in it.
Master of MeTEAo
Space Dog
Space Dog

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That"s a pretty sad tea win to be making excuses for having tea. :sadtea

Also, we still don't have :sadtea
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

We still don't have 2G17 banners :sadtea
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Space Dog
Space Dog

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Brewing up the last of my Hojicha now. :sadtea Was a good tea and went well with some biscuits. Also pretty much all of my Japanese green is out. I have a smidge of sencha and a smidge of genmaicha but I'm not sure they even combine to a cuppa's worth.
OfflineMitsurugi CP
Rxorcist
Dice Master
Dice Master

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

What's keeping me in suspense is learning what you plan to start drinking next. You drink a lot of fancy tea.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Space Dog
Space Dog

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well I still have my black tea whuch I got from a monthly mailing, which includrs Wild Arbor black tea and "Valentine Breakfast" tea. I also have.a Dan Cong oolong, but I don't like it very much and some herbals, most of which I don't care for too much but I do have a nice chamomile blend.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
We still don't have 2G17 banners :sadtea

I asked Man of TXT again last week if he thinks 2G18 banners and :sadtea are possible and he replied with a thumbs-up.
Back on topic, I'm going to be drinking tea a lot more once Wednesday arrives.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
2G17 Prophet
2G17 Prophet

Total posts: 5683
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished a decent batch of dark roast coffee beans. Dark roasts used to be my preferred coffee flavour, but I think now that's partly because they're more forgiving to brewing method sloppiness/inconsistencies. I still thought the coffee was ok but I found it kind of boring to make every morning.

Lately I've been into fresh lighter roasts. I can end up with something sour or bitter if I mess up, but I derive much more satisfaction out of the flavour I get when I get it right (which is most of the time now--once I get the grind size/water temp combo down it's not too hard to replicate).
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I drank tea with no milk today, because I couldn't be bothered to find where they kept the milk at work teatime
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Space Dog
Space Dog

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You act like that's a bad thing. You brits are too obsessed with your milk. Tea is fine without milk. Better even.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
2G17 Prophet
2G17 Prophet

Total posts: 5683
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Golbez on this point about tea. Anyway, it's Black History Month; drink your tea black!
Rxorcist
Dice Master
Dice Master

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There's nothing wrong in having a little miscegenation with your tea.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Space Dog
Space Dog

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's fine to put milk in (unless, it's green tea, that's gross), but unless it's low quality tea like lipton or something, it's probably better without it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Tea & Biscuits Brigade All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: