Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Total posts: 8396
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I followed the prince and am now at the glorious entrance to the Zora domain.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 23473
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
Me too. Well it was the only one I did, but that counts as first. The Gerudo one will be next, but I put it down for a bit because I was fed up with the Yiga clan stuff.

I went to do that next but got sidetracked and ended up doing it later.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Total posts: 17241
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I'd probably just leave and do other stuff, but the Yiga clan area isn't a shrine. I don't think I can just warp back to it and would rather not have to trek through sandstorm again to get there.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I mean I was going to do the beast in that area next, but ended up doing it later instead. That included all the lead-up and side missions.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I should probably test out using some stealth boosting food and see if it lets me sneak up on them without crouching. The most frustrating part about this is how long each attempt takes and how close I have to cut it with each guard because they could turn before I can catch up to them in the crouch position. I haven't even tried sneaking up on them without crouching though.

I'm acting like I keep trying this, but actually I haven't played again since I started complaining about it here.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

When I originally saw the Zora prince I was basically like "hell no, I'm still exploring!" Had I known these things always land you in a town first where you can come and go as you please, I probably would have just followed. Though all the monsters along the way might actually have posed a challenge then!
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
When I originally saw the Zora prince I was basically like "hell no, I'm still exploring!" Had I known these things always land you in a town first where you can come and go as you please, I probably would have just followed. Though all the monsters along the way might actually have posed a challenge then!

Yeah. Those lightning wielding guys were a bitch. Lizalfos are punks. They're weak as hell, but those long range attacks and then they're were those guys with the lightning rods too. I went through the protection stuff he gave me too quickly.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I took a beating there just out of carelessness, but I have like 15 hearts so who cares.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Golbez wrote:
I should probably test out using some stealth boosting food and see if it lets me sneak up on them without crouching. The most frustrating part about this is how long each attempt takes and how close I have to cut it with each guard because they could turn before I can catch up to them in the crouch position. I haven't even tried sneaking up on them without crouching though.

I'm acting like I keep trying this, but actually I haven't played again since I started complaining about it here.

It actually isn't very difficult. Get back in there and try a few things!
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that part was fine. It's not exactly fun like sneaking around in a proper stealth game, but it's not super hard.
Total posts: 6606
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The key is to learn from obi wan and keep a high ground
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Can I snipe from the high ground? I didn't try this because I thought it would alert them.

Nope. Hitting them with arrows from above still alerts them and I can't sneak up on them without crouching even if I use some stealth enhancing stuff. By the way, I also already know about the bananas it helps sometimes but other times not so much.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe u just sux @ games
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever. This is why I usually play RPGs. Frust

Also, I've beaten multiple MGS games, so I don't suck at all stealth games\, but MGS games are designed better than this. Frust
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

At this point, I'd say follow a guide/FAQ for that section.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I’d say “git gud”
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
At this point, I'd say follow a guide/FAQ for that section.

Their instructions are stupid. Paraglide past the first guard. Um. no thanks. I'll just sneak up on him like I've been doing. Distract the second guard near the door with bananas? No, I tried that at first and it's much easier to just sneak up behind him. He doesn't notice you if you hug the wall. These guys are already trying to make it harder for me on the easy parts. I don't like these instructions because they tend to involve taking risks of being seen with guys I've already dispatched many times. Maybe I can use some of them toward the end. I guess this walkthrough is going for a no kill run, but I hate these guys so I'm not interested in that.

Also, looking at the video this guy's running around like crazy. I don't know if his stealth equipment is op or what. Okay, the later part looks pretty doable though.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Finally past that shit. At least the boss was fun.

Got the Master Sword now.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well done! I didn't get that until right near the end of the game.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed the way they did the Lost Woods.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Kind of think I lucked out in getting through the Lost Woods. Not sure if I would remember the way.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds spooky!
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I like how the Master Sword doubles its attack power inside the Divine Beasts. It's regular attack power is kind of mediocre to be honest, because I have a number of other weapons more powerful than that. Still it's pretty decent because most common drops are weaker and it dependably replenishes its energy. Doubled though, the attack power is stronger than most weapons. I have a couple weapons from Major Test of Strength trials with the same attack power, but I have to be more careful about how I use those.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I finally finished all four Divine Beasts Shock
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You're significantly ahead of me. Don't know why you thought I would finish it first. I only beat two and I'm currently looking to find more shrines (61 so far) before going on to the next one. Plus looking for materials to upgrade my armors. I definitely like that with level 3 soldier armor equipped I practically feel invincible. I can just run up to a Hinox and spam melee attacks and barely care if it sits on me. Haven't found the fourth fountain yet, but just working on getting everything up to level 3 and a couple more hearts or so before doing the Rito village one.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There are still so many shrines I haven’t done. I plan to do them when I play the DLC, but I have no idea when that will be. The Wii U not being plugged into the tv doesn’t help.
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you've done a similar number of shrines as me and until the recent couple of times I've played, I had done two beasts and hadn't played since October. So I don't think it was that crazy.
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Golbez will reach the end credits much quicker than I did.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having trouble finding new ones right now. I spent awhile running around areas of the map that have no shrines marked yet and didn't even get a beep. The last shrine I did was on an island where they take away all your equipment and you have to bring those orbs to three spots. That one was a bitch. I had to leave the island several times when the orb went in the water before I remember that I have a tool that freezes water. For some reason that's always the tool I forget about.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Getting pretty close to done here.

4 Divine Beasts all take care of.
All memories obtained.
97 Shrines completed.
Some armor upgraded to level four.

So I still have some stuff to deal with armor (I'm not being a total completionist about it, but I at least want to have a full set of 28 defense armor and I don't yet - heck I haven't even bought one of the ancient armors and only have one upgraded to max) and definitely more with the shrines. I don't know if I'll get all the shrines. I'd like to, but it depends on how long it takes me if I push it to that extreme. I'm at least going for 100, which is only a few away. Wonder if Fei's making a go for the end soon. I'll surely be there soon.

Also, I know I can get to Ganon, because I accidentally did while looking for the last memory and just reset when I found out I couldn't escape, so if I get fed up with armor upgrades and shrines, I'll probably just go straight there and have a go at it.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Ganon is easy, even for me (who never quite masters blocking and stuff). You've probably finished it now.
I went around and got the rest of the memories after, then beat the boss again. The extra ending content wasn't worth it
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to want to bother to beat the boss twice. That's why I'm trying to do most of the stuff before beating him. Whether I'll bother to do all the shrines, I'm not sure.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You don’t really finish botw unless you collect all the korok seeds
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

rofl I told you you'd finish before me. You're certainly well past me in terms of achievements. I've beat all four beasts but I have like 58 or 59 shrines and 8 memories. I'm vaguely planning to get the other 4 memories (and any shrines along the way) but that's probably it.
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The last shrine I found because of a high vantage point, and I glided down to it. Then it told me I'd found the shrine hidden in the stable painting or something.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
You don’t really finish botw unless you collect all the korok seeds

Then I'm never going to finish. I think I have fewer korok seeds than shrines.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The number of shrines you've done sounds crazy to me.

My next thing to do is go get the stupid castle memory.
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Doing shrines has pretty much been my main objective throughout the game. So I spent most of my time actively looking for shrines. Whenever I got a blip on my radar I would stop whatever I was doing and go after it. After awhile of that I would go to a divine beast I had found. So I was at over 90 by the time I did Rudania. Now I'm at an even 100. I would like to do all of them because, given the length of the game and lack of narrative, I'm unlikely to want to replay it. Beating it will suck out my drive to complete the shrines, so I'd rather just do it now unless it begins to become too much of a chore

On the other hand at 27 hearts I'm wondering if the number of hearts I have now is optimal, so might put everything else into stamina. You can't do extra hearts beyond 30, so if you have a lot of curative food that does 3 or more extra hearts, those last 3 hearts are a really small bonus and actually take away from the amount of time you can do the beam attack (you don't lose beam attack for losing extra hearts). I don't use the beam attack a ton, but it's something to consider given how marginal the benefit of those 3 extra hearts would be.

As far as getting the castle memory, be warned - it's fairly close to Ganon and much easier to inadvertently stumble upon him than to find the memory first. Of course, you can always just reset like I did should that happen.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Noted!
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

How many shrines/collectables does Ward have? I've probably beaten the game with the lowest %age of anybody here.
OfflineWaWard
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don’t know the number at hand. I think I was at high 90s or low 100s when I looked, but that includes a couple of Exp shrines.

I do know I was at 35% completion

I haven’t actually played this game since I finished it,because I’m now focusing on MARIO odyssey and gloomhaven.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Mario was over in a week for me. FFXIV is what I've mostly been playing since.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Does Zelda actually show your completion %? Is that only after beating it?
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Finish it and find out.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Pimp Lucious
Pimp Lucious

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Someday!
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if Shaun (the actual Weapon of Choice) ever played far in to this, considering he created the thread
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I was fighting a Lynel I came across for materials and the bugger teleported off when I was about to kill him. Then I go looking to see if I can find him in the area and I see he's respawned with full health. No blood moon. Just teleported away an fully healed. Frust Really pisses me off. They're already the most frustrating time consuming monsters in the game and they had to go a give them am ability like that to really make them maddening. Thanks for having me break a bunch of weapons and waste a bunch of time for nothing botw! Frust. On the other hand I'm still chipping away at these shrines as I explore. Up to 102 now.
OfflineDamien
Most High One
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't know they teleported. I only bothered fighting one of them though.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Bunnychips
Bunnychips

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if the regular Lynels can. This was a blue lynel or something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: