Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Tea & Biscuits Brigade -> Comics Fans
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Total posts: 9981
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:44 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I watched the first episode of Jojo when I had a friend over. Didn't watch any more episodes, because it was pretty bad.
OfflineJoei
Tenkyu Star
Pipo Penalty
Pipo Penalty

Total posts: 1608
Female Female
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:55 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Judging an anime on one episode is the dumbest thing you can do.
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Total posts: 3559
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:00 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Surely there are dumber things. Gluing your eyelids shut, for instance. That's much dumber.

Also, first impressions should mean something. The viewer comes in expecting to get an idea of how the show will comport itself for the rest of its run from the first episode. If the first episode is garbage there's no point in throwing good time after bad.

Times the RDM has been right: 121,332,233,244,332,931.6
Chocobo Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Chocobo
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:01 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Joei wrote:
Judging an anime on one episode is the dumbest thing you can do.

Really, because I thought shitposting everyone was pretty dumb too? I wasn't interested in the show to begin with, so I don't know why I would continue watching when it didn't give me a good impression.
OfflineHKK
Tidus Dies
Tidus Dies

Total posts: 4101
Female Female
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:02 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If I like a shows premise I'll give it 5 episodes. If I don't like it by the 5th episode, I'm dumping it.

Don't blame Golbez a bit even though I love JoJo. I dropped Kill La Kill after 3 episodes. Trash show.
OfflineCid
STRONG LIKE BEAR
Pipo
Pipo

Total posts: 563
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:11 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
Didn't Marvel have Doctor Octopus possess Spiderman for a year or so?

Yes, during Superior Spider-Man. Peter's spirit later took back over his body when Otto got wrecked by Green Goblin and realized he wasn't the superior Spider-Man after all and "deleted himself." His essence later inhabited a robot and later still got a new clone body that combined his own DNA and Peter's. Now he's the "Superior Octopus."

Quote:
Didn't Eddie Brock die of cancer?

No, he had the cancer purged from his body when he touched Mr. Negative whose powers combined with the latent symbiote cells in his body and turned him into Anti-Venom for a while. Then he got the Toxin symbiote and was part of some covert ops group. Most recently he got the Venom symbiote back.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Brodyr Williams
Brodyr Williams

Total posts: 1136
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:07 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I really liked the Superior Spiderman run. My library had the whole thing in single issue. I'd love to have an omnibus of it
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:18 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. I liked Superior Spider-Man pretty well also. I think maybe they dragged it out a bit too long, but it was a decent concept and a nice arc overall. First I heard of Superior Octopus though.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Total posts: 6918
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:58 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

HKK wrote:
If I like a shows premise I'll give it 5 episodes. If I don't like it by the 5th episode, I'm dumping it.

Don't blame Golbez a bit even though I love JoJo. I dropped Kill La Kill after 3 episodes. Trash show.

Sometimes one episode is indeed enough to know whether you enjoy something or not, especially if you're clearly not the target audience.

By the way, I think you missed my question on the previous page.
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Brodyr Williams
Brodyr Williams

Total posts: 1136
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:32 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

HKK: I was going to give Nana a shot since my sister already owns it, but she straight up told me not to because of the cliffhanger due to the writer's illness. Oh well still want to give Yotsuba a try

Cal: If youre still paying attention there's a good site for keeping shit straight.

http://crushingkrisis.com/crushing-comics-guide-collecting-marvel-comic-books/

That site has helped me plug some holes recently. Stuff I didnt even realize I was missing.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Total posts: 6918
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:27 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Tea & Biscuits Brigade All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: