Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Total posts: 2316
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 17487
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Last One wrote:
I finally beat the second beast today, but still plan to do things slowly. It such a relaxing game. I love Zeldas games, but while others feel like I'm trying to beat all the dungeons as fast as possible, this one I just want to explore and see how far I can go.

Have a nice day

Which two beasts have you done? I've done the elephant and the camel ones.
Senior 4 Life
Blue Aftershock
Blue Aftershock

Total posts: 357
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I did Elephant and Salamander. Right now I'm just exploring around, looking for towers to add to my map and seen how far I can go in any direction.

Have a nice day
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm playing Persona 5 right now, so my Zelda time is being eaten in to, but I'd like to try to find the Goron area next, as I don't believe I've been anywhere near it yet...
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I suddenly remembered 3D Dot Game Heroes this morning. That was a fun "3D" "Zelda" game.
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It looked good, but I heard it wasn't too great and I was poor when it came out, so I ended up not getting it.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It had its flaws, but I enjoyed it a ton. It's somewhere between original Zelda and LttP. If that basic description + the visual style seems appealing to you, I think you'd enjoy it.
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I have tons of other games to enjoy!
It would have probably made a good Vita game.
OnlineJoei
Tenkyu Star
Pipo Penalty
Pipo Penalty

Total posts: 1612
Female Female
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
IMPORTANT QUESTION

I don't wanna look things up online, but I don't mind asking friends. Should I be selling precious stones? Surely there are compelling reasons not to. I haven't yet.

Note: This question is about Zelda, which I hope was already clear from the thread it's in.
Id sell the stones. The few things they can be used for later on aren't worth holding onto.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Thank$$$!
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'll sell the stones if I'm in desperate need for cash!
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I still haven't made any motion towards fighting any of the beasts. I've mainly been exploring. I've opened up the whole map east of the Great Plateau now, from top to bottom. There's still a ton I haven't explored in those areas of course. I've kind of bee-lined it to the towers.

I also just blew thousands of rupees buying the house in, uh... that eastern town I'm forgetting the name of. The tech lab town. And I bought all the upgrades for it.
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't even know you could buy a house. I've got a load of Rupees, so I guess I should check that out next time I play. Haven't played in like a fortnight though Shock
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! Yes, it is a magnificent house. I bought it from a weirdo. Once you buy all the upgrades you also get furniture. Check!

I've basically avoided buying things for most of the game so far because I wanted the house. Now I can buy, like, armour when I get money again.
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Total posts: 10026
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

This game seems way to open world for my tastes. Even the original Legend of Zelda, which was essentially all open world, still required that you do all the dungeons before you can go to the last dungeon. From the sound of it, basically everything is optional in this game. That's a bit too much optional, not enough main quest for me.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It may all technically be optional, but it's not as aimless as it sounds. It just doesn't literally force you along its intended narrative.
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You'd have a very hard time getting to the final dungeon/boss, if you haven't beaten a fair few shrines and the main dungeons.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I usually enjoy the shrines. They're like little 5-10 minute Zelda dungeons. Dungeonlets.
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of the time, I give up and look at a guide for a tip to start off with. I find lots of the shrine puzzles can be done in different ways though.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't usually find the shrines too hard. There are a couple I didn't beat simply because they were a hard fight I wasn't ready for. And there are maybe 2 (of the 30 or so I've found) where I beat it but couldn't get a chest and marked it on my map to return to.
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The chests usually contain a weapon that'll be broken by the time you get to the next shrine anyway
It's not really that I find shrines hard, it's that I'm inpatient. I also don't really enjoy 3D Zelda dungeons and they're really 3D Zelda dungeony.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Bushmeat
Bushmeat

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I might be wrong, but I feel like looking up the solution/hints would take more time (in most shrines) than just doing it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: