Square Gamer Home
Square Gamer HomeSquare Gamer Community Forum IndexFAQ Search† †Memberlist† †Profile† †Log in† †Log in to check your private messagesRegister

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Tea & Biscuits Brigade -> Newsworthy news
View previous topic :: View next topic
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Total posts: 6625
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:36 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Same here.
I'm not sure how I ended up so much on the left actually, considering I often agree with French centrist candidates when it comes to economic policies. Possibly some kind of bias in the way the questions are worded.
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Total posts: 3278
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:40 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Are you saying the test is...FAKE NEWS!?

Times the RDM has been right: 121,332,233,244,332,931.6
Chocobo Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Chocobo
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Total posts: 9683
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:50 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I got -8.38 economic and -5.38 social. In reality, I'm probably as bit more authoritarian than that on social, but the economic is probably about right.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Vampire Tidus
Vampire Tidus

Total posts: 2177
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Authori-tea-rian is more like it.
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:55 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
Are you saying the test is...FAKE NEWS!?

I'm not sure it's scientifically valid. I suspect cultural biases, as well as linguistic biases. Not to mention religious biases in what constitutes the norm. Protestants are "naturally" more right-leaning, whereas Catholics and Muslims believe in supporting those in need. I'm obviously oversimplifying, but yeah, I'm pretty sure the test is kind of fake news.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:37 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's true. My answers are mostly Catholic answers, with a little bit not so Catholic mixed in for the same sex marriage stuff, but mostly Catholic.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:52 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, and this is why I say France is still very influenced by Catholicism, even if most people don't care about the "supernatural" aspects of religion these days. Philosophically speaking, the equality/fraternity part definitely stem from religion.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:03 pm† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think I'm legitimately on the left, but not the left as it is understood in America (and perhaps the world today). I'm almost as opposed to neoliberals as I am to conservatives, but I think I'm pretty close to a classic liberal, maybe in the vein of FDR and LBJ.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:17 am† †Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Same here.

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Tea & Biscuits Brigade All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: