Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> What Are You Playing?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 19436
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

WaWard wrote:
final fucking fantasy 15 won't end

How many hours in are you? It isn't that long.
OfflineRDM
Pegasus
Harambe
Harambe

Total posts: 5221
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The Calbrena/Golbez combo killed the RDM's children. It was sad.

Times the RDM has been right: 4,621,102,999,452,148,271.9446
Chocobo Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Chocobo Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Chocobo Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Chocobo
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
LAST PERSON TO POST
LAST PERSON TO POST

Total posts: 7823
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I have nothing to do with this! Can we just blame Lord Golbez instead?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Total posts: 12494
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I remember my brother died a bunch of times at this point in the game. It was crazy. I couldn't understand it because I got through it on my first try. I have since died on that part sometimes on replays. It seems that if you didn't overlevel at that part, there's a significant amount of luck to the Golbez battle.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to draw your attention to this video that CE posted in the Matsuno thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra2LLKa0Fsk
OfflineRDM
Pegasus
Harambe
Harambe

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Creepy.

The RDM's kids have not overlevelled. Kain and Rosa are higher than the rest of the party.

The RDM didn't realize that Calbrena could split back up into dolls if you take too long to kill her. That's dangerous.

Key of the battle seems to be keeping Cecil healthy, since he's the only one who doesn't start the Golbez fight dead.

Chocobo Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Chocobo Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Chocobo Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Chocobo
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Bumped for our SG Day visitors. Any of you still playing games? What are you playing now? What games have you enjoyed since your last visit to SG?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
Creepy.

The RDM's kids have not overlevelled. Kain and Rosa are higher than the rest of the party.

The RDM didn't realize that Calbrena could split back up into dolls if you take too long to kill her. That's dangerous.

Key of the battle seems to be keeping Cecil healthy, since he's the only one who doesn't start the Golbez fight dead.

Yes, unless you're overleveled it's very likely Calbrena will split back into dolls and even reform again. You can also keep Kain alive for Golbez if you have the jump times just right. I remember my brother was obsessed with that aspect seeming to feel sure that was the key to victory, which may have been why it took him so many tries.
OfflineRDM
Pegasus
Harambe
Harambe

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The RDM's kids accidentally kept Kain alive. Makes Golbez a cakewalk.

OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, keeping Kain alive is more likely to be an accident than anything, because it's hard to control very well when he'll jump in relation to when Golbez casts Hold (at which point it's too late).

How did your kids react to that freaky hand stunt Golbez pulls.
OfflineRDM
Pegasus
Harambe
Harambe

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They didn't quite get it. They thought Golbez himself was just a hand forever.

OfflineDoom
Total posts: 3543
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I kill time with Fire Emblem Heroes nowadays. Considering Nier Automata (leaning yes). Also considering Mass Effect Andromeda (leaning no).
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Fire Emblem Heroes was pretty disappointing for me. So dumbed down that it doesn't even feel like a Fire Emblem game. Shame, as it looks nice. I perhaps open the app about once a week. My main phone games are Disney Tsum Tsum and Pokémon GO.
OfflineRDM
Pegasus
Harambe
Harambe

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's dumbed down!? What's the point of that? It's not like you can't get a full Fire Emblem game running on a phone these days.

The RDM misses Fire Emblem. Those games are great.

OfflineHenchman #2
I got wood! :D
Blue Aftershock
Blue Aftershock

Total posts: 372
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I can't stop playing Rocket League.

Also I've finally started playing the new Doom (not Doom) and I like it but jeezus is it trying to be too METAL.
OfflineDoom
Total posts: 3543

Yeah, it's incredibly watered down but that's about the level I want from a mobile game. I started it just to get a good sense of how F2P models work (never been big on it) and oddly enough it's sustaining me.

One nice thing about Heroes is the lack of durability. Durability is acceptable only if it is the sole form of scarcity, which is never the case in FE. Also combat mechanics are refreshingly RNG-free, which is another huge plus.
OfflineTzen
photographer?
Red Lion
Red Lion

Total posts: 44
Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Currently rotating between Overwatch, FIFA 17, and Football Manager 2016. I have Bravely Second but haven't had a chance to sit down and play it yet. My wife is enjoying it though~
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Tzen. Who do you main in Overwatch?
Bravely Second is long!
OfflineTzen
photographer?
Red Lion
Red Lion

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I main D.Va love
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably get Bravely Second at some point but I haven't finished the first on yet, and I won't bother even buying the second until/unless I do,
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Tzen wrote:
I main D.Va love

Snap!
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
LAST PERSON TO POST
LAST PERSON TO POST

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, what's your battlenet ID? @Damien, I can't remember if you're in my friends list or not? I never see you online anyway.
OfflineTzen
photographer?
Red Lion
Red Lion

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: icon_complicity  Reply with quote Back to top

Tzen aka Tzen#11314
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
LAST PERSON TO POST
LAST PERSON TO POST

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Do you ever play hearthstone or just Overwatch?
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Calbrena wrote:
Hey guys, what's your battlenet ID? @Damien, I can't remember if you're in my friends list or not? I never see you online anyway.

Hmm I can't remember if I posted it in the Blizzard thread. I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head. The only game I play is Overwatch on the PS4 though. Not sure what the Battlenet connectivity there is, but I've linked it.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
LAST PERSON TO POST
LAST PERSON TO POST

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Calbrena wrote:

Hmm I can't remember if I posted it in the Blizzard thread. I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head. The only game I play is Overwatch on the PS4 though. Not sure what the Battlenet connectivity there is, but I've linked it.

I just check, you did post your ID. Actually, I think I tried adding you before, but for some reason you don't show up in my list. I tried adding you again just now.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
LAST PERSON TO POST
LAST PERSON TO POST

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I tried on the IPad though, which might be buggy. I'll check again later from laptop.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'll have to confirm you from my end too. I think I have zero friends
OfflineTzen
photographer?
Red Lion
Red Lion

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Calbrena wrote:
Do you ever play hearthstone or just Overwatch?
I tried Hearthstone a few times but couldn't get into it.. Just Overwatch now!
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
LAST PERSON TO POST
LAST PERSON TO POST

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It makes sense, Hearthstone is pretty frustrating if you only have basic cards. It can be pretty fun once you get a decent deck though.
OfflineLast One
Senior 4 Life
KENN
KENN

Total posts: 378
Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I only play Destiny, ever since vanilla year. Oh I just started playing new Zelda in WiiU. Don't have much times for games nowdays...

Have a nice day
OfflineAzaael
Duel 1 Lets Rock
Sloppy Poon
Sloppy Poon

Total posts: 17
Female Female
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Mentioned in other threads but mostly fighting games and a side-piece or two.

Fighting game wise I play Guilty Gear, Tekken, Virtua Fighter and King of Fighters.

RPGs are FFXV a replay of Ys Origin.

I retro game still when I can. I'm an 8-16 bitter at heart.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Have you played Tekken 7 at all I played it just once in an arcade a couple of years back. Console version is taking it's time. Also, have you played Pokken Tournament, and what do you think of it?
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Pipo
Pipo

Total posts: 580
Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Azaael wrote:
Mentioned in other threads but mostly fighting games and a side-piece or two.

Fighting game wise I play Guilty Gear, Tekken, Virtua Fighter and King of Fighters.

I'm probably going to pick up Guilty Gear Rev 2 whenever it comes out on PC. Haven't played one since PS2 and Street Fighter 5 is still shit so I need a fighter to play.

Damien wrote:
Have you played Tekken 7 at all I played it just once in an arcade a couple of years back. Console version is taking it's time. Also, have you played Pokken Tournament, and what do you think of it?

Pokken Tournament is actually pretty dope.
OfflineRDM
Pegasus
Harambe
Harambe

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Man. That Yang/Cid 1-2 punch gets you right in the feels.

OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I played Pokken a lot about a year ago and barely at all since. Holding out for a Switch version will all the extra arcade content and possibly more home exclusive modes (like you'd get in a Tekken game). I've given up hope of DLC for the Wii U version :sadtea
OfflineWaWard
Total posts: 5670
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: icon_funny  Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
WaWard wrote:
final fucking fantasy 15 won't end

How many hours in are you? It isn't that long.

I was 20 something in. Thank god the last patch introduced even more frame pacing issues and now gives me a headache. So I stopped playing it.
OfflineRDM
Pegasus
Harambe
Harambe

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The RDM just downloaded Fire Emblem Heroes. It's a bit silly so far.

OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm playing FFIV After Years right now. Probably gonna be lackluster overall, but at least it's got the classic gameplay with some new twists that don't seem to ruin it.
OfflineRDM
Pegasus
Harambe
Harambe

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

What system did that even come out for? DS?

OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Hipster
Hipster

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe. I'm playing it on Vita though.
OfflineRDM
Pegasus
Harambe
Harambe

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Oh. The RDM forgot about the PSP/Vita stuff existing. That's probably where all the things are.

OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

After years was an episodic phone game, then a Wiiware game, then a PSP game, then on all sorts of shit.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I realised today that I played a lot of different games over the Easter weekend. None excessively, but little bits of various games.
Here's what I played:
-Persona 5
-Overwatch
-Yooka-Laylee
-Disney Tsum Tsum
-Telly Addicts

I played about 4 or 5 hours of P5 in total, played a couple of hours of the new Overwatch seasonal event, and played the first hour or two of Yooka-Laylee. I spent way too much time on my phone playing the new Star Wars event in Tsum Tsum and played a game of Telly Addicts (bad PS2 British Tv quiz game that I got for 75p for Talking Real) with my girlfriend. She won.

Did any of you play a selection of games over the Easter weekend, or was it all P5/Zelda (or nothing)?
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Dead Pigeon
Dead Pigeon

Total posts: 1755
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth on a friend's insistence.

He's really into digimon and has a lot of nostalgia for the anime. I'm basically a complete stranger to the series so...this is going to be odd.

Initial thoughts:

Damn is this game a slow starter. Nothing happens until about 5 hours in.

Ive never been more thankful that pokemon got renamed for the US, this stupid blah blah-mon naming gimmick isnt helping me at all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: