Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion -> Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
LAST PERSON TO POST
LAST PERSON TO POST

Total posts: 7869
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The RDM likes spreading alternative facts.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 19823
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Gastown Tramp made the definitive Vagrant Story thread.
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Total posts: 12993
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see or recall a user by that name. But it's a rank on the S Groove? Held by ... did you mean j0hn Ayanami?
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
LAST PERSON TO POST
LAST PERSON TO POST

Total posts: 7869
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

No, he's referring to an actual homeless person he met during SG world or something. In Vancouver anyway.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Total posts: 4444
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Check!
Please hold.
Pipo
Pipo

Total posts: 584
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I was just thinking about how hyped I am for this release but then realized I don't have a PS4 so now it's a confused hype.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I presume you'll get a PS4 eventually?
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Pipo
Pipo

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of getting the PS4 Pro but apparently it sounds like a jet engine and sometimes melts. If I get a PS4 it would be after I build a new PC as I've been meaning to do that for a while. It would be nice if they just released the HD port on steam as well. They have FFVII/VIII/X/X-2 on there.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Did they release the X HD remaster on Steam?
They seem to be promoting Zodiac Age and the VII remake in as PS4 titles only right now, but I can't imagine them not getting a wider release later on.
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Pipo
Pipo

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Did they release the X HD remaster on Steam?

Yup, along with X-2.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

There's hope then
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Check out this ridiculously expensive special edition btw.
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/product/440367/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-collector-s-edition-ps4
£185.

It has some little Judge Master busts, including one that looks like Golbez's old avatar.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Why did I allow myself to keep an FFXII avatar for so long even after I realized I had been tricked. :sadtea
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I still want to find where you were tricked
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The forum search function makes that very hard to find. I've tried.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah there are threads that certainly exist that I haven't managed to find using the search feature
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Also, it's not very helpful for multipage threads. because it doesn't tell you what page is giving the hit.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably get this collectors edition of it cost £100 less. Not sure when I'll get around to playing the remaster though. Might wait to see if it drops in price like other Final Fantasy games generally do.
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Pipo
Pipo

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Those busts look pretty neat. I bet they look like shit IRL tho.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

They're apparently pretty small, so won't look that great next to larger stuff in a display. I also haven't heard any word on what they're made of, so it's probably like Amiibo quality plastic.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Given the price of that shit they ought to be quality metal or something.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The postcards look almost exactly like ones I already have. I must have gotten them with the PS2 game.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking recently about how I'm always defending FFXII. I think it's not so much the story or characters, which I think are fine but not exceptional: except for Vaan and Penelo, they're good enough to hold the game together and drive it forward, and to add context to the world. What I really loved was the battle system and the world itself. I thought the cities were awesome, I liked exploring and running into areas I was still too weak to explore, coming up with winning gambit system logic, etc. The world felt big and alive.
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how that will hold up? I actually played the first half hour of the PS2 version a few weeks ago. It looks pretty ghastly on a modern TV. The remaster makes it look like how I remember the game looking
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I also wonder how the "big lively world" feeling holds up. I'm currently enjoying the big kind of lonely world of BotW! (It's lonely early on anyway - I don't want to hear how that progresses!)
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Why are you not posting in the Zelda thread btw?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno. I guess I will.

EDIT: Oh I know why. It's not in the recent threads list.
Please hold.
Pipo
Pipo

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
I was thinking recently about how I'm always defending FFXII. I think it's not so much the story or characters, which I think are fine but not exceptional: except for Vaan and Penelo, they're good enough to hold the game together and drive it forward, and to add context to the world. What I really loved was the battle system and the world itself. I thought the cities were awesome, I liked exploring and running into areas I was still too weak to explore, coming up with winning gambit system logic, etc. The world felt big and alive.

My thoughts exactly, except those regarding Vaan and Penelo.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Did anybody play Revenant Wings? I've probably banged on about it a lot, but I found the plot of that game a lot more solid than FFXII itself.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't play it, but I thought it looked cute.
Red Lion
Red Lion

Total posts: 48
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I think I own Revenant Wings but don't remember playing it.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

A more solid plot than FFXII isn't hard to achieve. So I would need way more to go on to even give it a shot.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember too much about it tbh. It's like Final Fantasy tastics but you use FF monsters and most of the characters from FFXII. I finished it though, so it can't have been bad (or too long).
OfflineAsaroth Larot
Rawr!
Eurobeatle
Eurobeatle

Total posts: 1815
Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

...I cant believe what Im hearing. You guys like 12?

It's the worst entry in the series. Of all the numbered ones at least.

Maybe there's something out there with final fantasy attached to it that's worse but not out of the numbered ones

I just gave my copy away like the trash it was. AND I HOLD ON TO EVERYTHING

It's in my top 5 worst games Ive ever played.
Im not even trying to be mean.
I just dont get it.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I am hurt to my FFXII-loving core.
Rawr!
Eurobeatle
Eurobeatle

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You ever see that red letter media mr plinkett bit where he's asking people to describe qui gon jinn and then asking people to describe han solo?
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I did not. Are you suggesting something similar for FFXII and... FF... I dunno, VI?
Rawr!
Eurobeatle
Eurobeatle

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Well A: Consider watching Mr plinkett's star wars episode 1 review because it's fucking funny and hopefully you'll get some joy out of it.

B: Sure, why not. Let's try 6 for this example.

12 vs 6: The characters.

There are 14 playable characters in 6, but only 2-3 out of those 14 are so underdeveloped that I couldnt tell you much about them. Even if you chose Mog for me talk about: I'd probably say some character description like "wise cracking little shithead whose keeping a brave face even though everything about his life sucks hardcore"

Ask me to describe Penelo or Vaan or Fran and I'll probably stare at you blankly.

back in the day I remember everyone here slamming FF8's characters compared to 6 or 7's because they didnt have sidequests dedicated to them. I argued they didnt need the sidequests or story arcs involving them because their dialogue was their character depth. Selphie, Zell, Irvine. They are the people that would say what they said and react how they did. And they talked a lot so you could gleam a lot.

The problem in 12 is nobody fucking talks. Forget arcs I cant even get these assholes to even speak. When a character does get some dialogue it's usually isolated too, meaning the group doesnt weigh on anyone else's development so character relationships also suffer.

Most of the dialogue in 12 is unfortunately area announcements

The characters arrive at an area

say something like "this place is pretty...wont be far to this place" or "this place sucks...let's hurry on shall we"

I should expect to get more out of a character than well "Balthier thinks swamps kinda suck"

There's really no excuse for the barebones plot of 12. 6 was a much younger game but there was more going on it's plot and it's plot was more coherent too.

It's not like being a serious war plot is mutually exclusive to being more grand and coherent.

Forget 6 we should be comparing Tactics to 12. Tactics had a lot of characters and was serious but almost every named character you had a clear sense of who they were, how they felt about the world they inhabited and their motives. 12 crashes and burns in this regard.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Asaroth Larot wrote:

Maybe there's something out there with final fantasy attached to it that's worse but not out of the numbered ones

I just dont get it.

Check!
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody gonna pick up the remaster then? I undoubtedly eventually will, but I can't see it featuring anywhere on my to-play list. I only managed to get half way through FFX HD, and I bought that 3 times.
OfflineCid
Please hold.
Pipo
Pipo

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
Anybody gonna pick up the remaster then? I undoubtedly eventually will, but I can't see it featuring anywhere on my to-play list. I only managed to get half way through FFX HD, and I bought that 3 times.

I am seriously considering buying a PS4 this weekend just so I can play this game.

Asaroth Larot wrote:

I just dont get it.

It must be tough to live a life with such shit taste.
OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard good things about the game and its improvements, but buying a new console for it is pretty extreme Shock
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Cid for speaking truth to lameness with regards to FFXII.
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Methinks Cid doesn't have to wonder about having shit taste in games. boo
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Says the guy who loves FFIV.

No, wait, FFIV is alright.
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

FFIV has a better story and better characters than FFXII.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
SG Nub
SG Nub

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

And yet I found FFXII at least as enjoyable an experience. Probably even moreso!
Please hold.
Pipo
Pipo

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Damien wrote:
I've heard good things about the game and its improvements, but buying a new console for it is pretty extreme Shock

Well I'll have to get one eventually anyway for the FF7 remake and a couple other games I'd like to play that are exclusive.

Lord Golbez wrote:
FFIV has a better story and better characters than FFXII.

OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The more time that passes, the more worried I get about how the FFVII remake will turn out. I currently suspect it'll be a DLC patchwork mess like FFXV has become
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Flava-Flavius
Flava-Flavius

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I already assume it will suck for overemphasizing Zack and the new Sephiroth clones they introduced in Advent Children and Crisis Core too, I guess.

Change the story around to fit that shit better, no doubt.

Also, shitty KH style gameplay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> Game Descushion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: