Square Gamer Home
 Square Gamer Home  Square Gamer Community Forum Index  FAQ Search   Memberlist   Profile   Log in   Log in to check your private messages  Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Trump is the next President of the United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Total posts: 3278
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

If only we could send the lot of them to Dimension X....

Times the RDM has been right: 121,332,233,244,332,931.6
Chocobo Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Chocobo
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Vampire Tidus
Vampire Tidus

Total posts: 2177
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'll settle for Dimension R. Even J would be fine.
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Total posts: 9683
Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Or the center of the Earth, or the under the ocean.
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Male Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

DeVos was just confirmed. Every teacher in the country is sad.

Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Vampire Tidus
Vampire Tidus

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Motherfucker.
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Total posts: 6625
Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/14/donald-trump-campaign-russia-intelligence-contact

Now what?
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Good news: the Trump campaign/administration is so incompetent that they screwed up lots of their nefarious actions (the legal kind and the illegal kind, from the look of it), thereby exposing themselves to extra scrutiny and ridicule.

Bad news: They're going to get better at it if we give them a chance. The investigation had better turn out something irrefutable.

OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 17217
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

This is the response I got yesterday to the petition to not give Trump a state visit to the UK.

Quote:
HM Government believes the President of the United States should be extended the full courtesy of a State Visit. We look forward to welcoming President Trump once dates and arrangements are finalised.

HM Government recognises the strong views expressed by the many signatories of this petition, but does not support this petition.

During her visit to the United States on 27 January 2017, the Prime Minister, on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen, invited President Trump for a State Visit to the UK later this year. The invitation was accepted. This invitation reflects the importance of the relationship between the United States of America and the United Kingdom. At this stage, final dates have not yet been agreed for the State Visit.

Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Basically it's "fuck you". Trump thinks crap like Brexit is a good idea and will do trade deals with us, so let's just pretend to respect him, no matter what atrocious shit he does.
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't that petition get about ten hundred billion signatures?

Ya'll better protest the crap out of him when he gets there.

OfflineDamien
Jingle Bellend
Managerial Enforcer
Managerial Enforcer

Total posts: 17217
Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I won't personally be in the streets but I know thousands of others will.
OfflineJoei
Tenkyu Star
Gastown Tramp
Gastown Tramp

Total posts: 1542
Female Female
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone please show me when an online petition has done anything. Not being a dick - I just want to know.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Joei - I agree, I've never seen it. They set arbitrary goals and then even shift the goals as they get more people signing which just solidifies the point that they have no actual goal number or an idea of what number of signatures would actually be effective. Probably because they know that no number will be effective. The only place where number of signatures matters is for the whitehouse petitions where they actually have to respond when it reaches over 100000 (Trump probably did away with this, I don't know, but that was the case for Obama). But then it looks the same in UK and even getting the response means very little, but it at least for sure puts it in the public perception.

I mean the worst was trying to set a goal of a few million signatures (and sliding as they got more) to the electoral college to not elect Trump. They just had an actual official vote in which over 120 million people participated. Granted that more people voted for Clinton, but if they weren't going to listen to that official vote of like 65 million people for Clinton, why would they listen to an online petition of a fraction of her voters of like 4 million? It was ridiculous and then they set those stupid sliding goals as they got more votes. The goal should have been 60 million from the start, because it should at least be on par with actual votes, but no they wouldn't set an unrealistic goal like that, which is the same as admitting the petition is pointless.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I think there was a petition proposing to build the Death Star once. Even that one failed.
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Male Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Who says? These things take time.

OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Donald J Trump wrote:
The leaks are real but the news is fake.

Basically, the cake is a lie, right?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait for the Pence is the next President of the United States thread in another couple months.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Weeks, more like?
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's going tp be a bit. To impeach and lose would be the worst possible outcome. You need an absolutely rock solid case.

OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
It's going tp be a bit. To impeach and lose would be the worst possible outcome. You need an absolutely rock solid case.

He'll resign like Nixon almost as soon as they decide to impeach. He'll rant about it on twitter for a couple days. Resign. Then rant some more about how it's so unfair. Then claim that he won anyway.
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The RDM was thinking about that the other day. He thinks that Trump will, indeed, resign once impeachment becomes inevitable (the standard for which will be obscenely high, given that you need 67 Senators to actually take down a President). He'll cast is as America not deserving his services, and his contingent will eat it up. There'll be this whole "He didn't have to be President, he did it for all of us, and you libs ruined it!" storyline that will run for years, undercutting opposition to Pence (who is already being set up to avoid the stain of any illegal activity). The Trump pardon will be seen as a huge political victory on the right, and it will be pretty hard to fight down Pence's reelection with the opposition in letdown mode from having successfully deposed Trump (probably in year 3).

OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

You're simultaneously more pessimistic and more optimistic than me. More pessimistic, because I think if he's going it will be in the first year. More optimistic because you think it will still be possible to remove Trump by legal means in his third year. I assume that if he lasts until his third year, the only way to get rid of him would be violent uprising.
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The Republicans are pretty savvy when it comes to maximizing their electoral chances. Even if the Trump takedown becomes inevitable they'll draw out the process for as long as possible in order to position the 2020 election (or, conceivably the 2018 election) in the Pence honeymoon period.

OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, just one thing. It hasn't even been a full month since he was sworn in. Do you really think he could last 3-4 years at this rate?

I just watched the new last week's tonight, it was both depressing and hilarious.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Vampire Tidus
Vampire Tidus

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

John Oliver has been pretty solid both on his own show and on Seth Meyers recently.

As someone who worked at a bookstore when The Secret came out, I enjoyed him blaming Trump on The Secret/Oprah.
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

RDM wrote:
The Republicans are pretty savvy when it comes to maximizing their electoral chances. Even if the Trump takedown becomes inevitable they'll draw out the process for as long as possible in order to position the 2020 election (or, conceivably the 2018 election) in the Pence honeymoon period.

I don't really believe there will be a Pence honeymoon period. Granted, the diehards will always be giving support, but I think people will be pissed and some of that will spill over to being directed at Pence.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

smeared ink wrote:
John Oliver has been pretty solid on Seth Meyers show recently.

When? Link please?
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Male Male
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

That's why they're already pushing the "Pence didn't know" storyline. He's the great Republican hope--the best of both worlds. He's "loyal" to Trump, and thus the Trumpkins love him, but he's "untainted" by the scandals, and thus palatable to moderates, while still being a hardcore extremist conservative, serving the crazy end of the Republican part that's taken over.

OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually the Reps that plotted the "leaks", or upcoming ones that will ultimately force him to resign.

I hope it will end up with something like Governator turning up, and telling him "YOU'RE TERMINATED".

Which makes me think, a new amendment really ought to be drafted, stating that new presidents have to finish their probation period before being officially hired for good.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/19/sweden-trump-cites-non-existent-terror-attack

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the are we dead yet thread.

Was any of you in Sweden and died in this terrorist attack the other day?
OfflineRDM
Rebrander
Wild Seven
Wild Seven

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

The RDM was murdered a few times in the last couple weeks. Probably not in Sweden, though.

According to the RDM's research* the Sweden Incident was a guy applying for asylum, authorities found out he was a terrorist, he was arrested. It's almost like the system worked. Crazy.

* Scrolling through Twitter

OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

What, you mean there's actually a process in place to vet people before granting them the right to stay? That's such a novel idea!

I wonder if Trump voters realise the vetting system is already there and not something easily circumvented. Actually, I know the answer, Americans in general have absolutely no idea how difficult things are for people not from Northern America. Getting a visa and work permit to be able to live/work here was by far the most difficult, tedious and expensive thing I've ever had to do, despite having worked/lived in countries known for their bureaucracy.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Vampire Tidus
Vampire Tidus

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Calbrena wrote:
smeared ink wrote:
John Oliver has been pretty solid on Seth Meyers show recently.

When? Link please?

The Trump is Oprah's fault bit is here. I trust you can find the rest.
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/

The now usual Friday drama...
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Vampire Tidus
Vampire Tidus

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

America Frust
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Expect more and more people to seek access to Canada.
I'm not complaining, it's good business for me!
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Is your job to let me in to Canada?
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Partly. Some aspects of my job involve helping people improve their French enough to get more points in their application to become permanent residents in Canada. At the moment, many people seem to be interested in moving north of the border.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I would need to be fluent to get into the Canadian patent office.
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I have no clue. But if you're actually interested in escaping to Canada, read their website, you'll see anyone speaking both French and English has a particular advantage.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Vampire Tidus
Vampire Tidus

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

It's a shame there isn't more of a real effort to have those of us born here end up bilingual.
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the logic of the government is that if newcomers are bilingual or trilingual, future generations are more likely to be multilingual as well?

Anyway, I see their point, it's easier to encourage newcomers than to force people who were born there. That, and it's a great way to sift through candidates and retain only the ones who are super motivated, making them more likely to happily adapt once they do settle down.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

So what you're saying is I can be bilingual for a little while, and then I can settle down and forget the second language?
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, I guess that's how it works.
They don't even require fluency in both, just a decent ability to interact in your secondary language.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Do they require fluency in one?
OfflineCalbrena
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. But you're fluent in English, aren't you?
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I was just wondering.
Offlinesmeared ink
Fei Ayanami
Vampire Tidus
Vampire Tidus

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Calbrena wrote:
Yup, I guess that's how it works.
They don't even require fluency in both, just a decent ability to interact in your secondary language.

I might be able to pass this test.
Objection!
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Unknown Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure you could, believe me, it's not that difficult.
OfflineLord Golbez
Master of MeTEAo
Romeo Dunn
Romeo Dunn

Male Male
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Back to top

Not like he needs to though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Square Gamer Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: